Amiga 68k utils
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    kickstart
    Hi

Well... my annoying adventure executing amiga 68k applications is sad.

Delitracker freezes playing modules, Paula-NotePlayer is active (I think, dont know what is D or F exactly).

Eagleplayer gives the error at startup: "Error whilst reading tooltypes in argument: CX_Popup"

OctaMED Sound Studio freezes at startup too... and many other freeze the computer at all and need to push the power button for reset.

Anyone with this issues?

Thx.
  • »07.12.18 - 01:27
  • Just looking around
    You should get at least Delitracker2 to work

If I remember right, I used AHI-Noteplayer. I have no idea is 14bit-Noteplayer AHI version better.

What comes to D and F. D probably means deactive and F force.

Other apps I have no idea should those work.
  • »07.12.18 - 05:09
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    EaglePlayer was supposed to be working, and it was one of my favourite players on a Classic Amiga, but I've had little luck with it on MorphOS - sadly. :-(

I often use MilkyTracker as that's great, has a few niggles as some features seem to need a couple of clicks on to trigger, or something like that, and it can play a MOD file or save a MOD file as a WAV file, which can then be converted into an MP3 using CodeAudio, and other similar MP3 converters I suppose. ;-)

You should be able to get MOD files to "Play" just by double-clicking them under Ambient, which usually opens a Shell window, with the MOD file slightly cryptically named (often spelled backwards). 8-)

I believe OctaMED SoundStudio is a known problem running under MorphOS Octamed Soundstudio Installation
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »07.12.18 - 06:02
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Many old audio programs are problematic, because they usually are configured to use Paula directly and that doesn't work under MorphOS, because it doesn't contain any Paula emulation. For MorphOS you need AHI support, and that isn't available on all old programs, and if it is, it's not enabled by default usually.

So, if a program starts, try to look its settings before trying to play anything. Even if you get the audio output configured to AHI some plugins etc may still hit Paula directly, so you just have to learn what to avoid. There was pre-configured Delitracker archive for MorphOS use somewhere... if you can't find that, I can take a look later.

If you want to play mods, but aren't that picky about the player, I would recommend to try DAPlayer... or even MPlayer plays mods if they are named .mod (not mod.).
  • »07.12.18 - 06:19
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Korni
    Start Eagleplayer without icon (rename eagleplayer.info). Most popular replayers work on MorphOS, some don't though.
    http://korni.ppa.pl/modkowypaczek/ | My Rifle, My Bunny, and Me
  • »07.12.18 - 09:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    kickstart
    @all

Delitracker is running but cant use all replayers, Protracker, MED, TFMX, runs fine but others like MON freezes again, maybe they need Paula or CIAs. I never see DAPlayer running and is a good surprise... no luck with Eagleplayer but with Delitracker and DAPlayer its enough.

I have another issues with apps like Personal Paint, works but with many graphic glitches or weird color palettes, I supose all programs that use RTG should work or at least many of them.

Thank you all for the answers.
  • »08.12.18 - 21:47
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    kickstart
    @Andreas_Wolf

I use the search engine but results for it are about 10 years old and some user fix the problem and others no with same posts, MorphOS could change in all that time and I prefer to ask.

Ill try again, thank you, sometimes you are faster than the search engine =)
  • »09.12.18 - 16:00
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > results for it are about 10 years old [...], MorphOS
    > could change in all that time [...]. Ill try again

These 12 year and older workarounds should still be required with MorphOS 3.11 and pre-A-Eon versions of PPaint at least.
  • »09.12.18 - 19:43