MorphOS Storage
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Primax
    First of all: thanks a lot for maintaining the MorphOS Storage. This is mainly your work, Papiosaur?
    Very appreciated!

But in the last time, often old archives and software have been re-uploaded, so at least for me it is really hard to see which software is actually new and which is only re-uploaded.

So, please either mark those archives (re-upload) or in the description add under "Upload Date" a line "Release date".

Just my suggestions. Thanks.
    AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon X1650 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
    Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / 128 MB RAM / AmigaOS 3.9
  • »04.11.23 - 15:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Templario
    Quote:

Primax escribió:
    First of all: thanks a lot for maintaining the MorphOS Storage. This is mainly your work, Papiosaur?
    Very appreciated!

But in the last time, often old archives and software have been re-uploaded, so at least for me it is really hard to see which software is actually new and which is only re-uploaded.

So, please either mark those archives (re-upload) or in the description add under "Upload Date" a line "Release date".

Just my suggestions. Thanks.

Perhaps the problem is in the storage is quite rigid, for example is impossible upload new screenshots from new versions, like in OS4Depot.
  • »04.11.23 - 16:53
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Hi Primax,

Normally, i add a comment to say "old archive reuploaded".

Sometimes archive is corrupted and i must found a correct archive, sometime it's an old archive but don't present on the storage, recently an old program named "Meltium" has been added and it's bcome a "new archive" added.

There is an only date : date of upload, sorry for that.

I hope you take fun with the storage. don't hesitate to support developers ;-)
  • »04.11.23 - 20:34
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Primax
    I guess, supporting developer by publishing news is also an appropriate and good way...

I can only say for me: lately, it wasn't so much fun anymore, because of this confusion. A very good example is the VLC player:

https://www.morphos-storage.net/?id=1925724

Uploaded Jul 27 2023, and you cannot see, that this archive is from 2008 (!!!), unless you take the trouble to browse the readme right till the end to see the history log. Honestly, this is annoying. Sorry.
    AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon X1650 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
  • »05.11.23 - 05:10
    Profile Visit Website
    Senex
    @Primax:

It's not acting like a good colleague encouraging Papiosaur to apply changes to his database - be aware that this would result in me having to rework my script for our weekly MorphOS-Storage Uploads news-item then as well...! ;-)

@Papiosaur:

Thus, dear Papiosaur, be assured that everything is fine with your great service exactly like it is. :-D

[ Edited by Senex 05.11.2023 - 06:53 ]
  • »05.11.23 - 06:45
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Quote:

Primax a écrit :
    I guess, supporting developer by publishing news is also an appropriate and good way...

I can only say for me: lately, it wasn't so much fun anymore, because of this confusion. A very good example is the VLC player:

https://www.morphos-storage.net/?id=1925724

Uploaded Jul 27 2023, and you cannot see, that this archive is from 2008 (!!!), unless you take the trouble to browse the readme right till the end to see the history log. Honestly, this is annoying. Sorry.

Yes, you have right, i forgot why i have reuploded this archive on the storage at this date...sorry for the inconvenience.

Quote:

Senex a écrit :
    Thus, dear Papiosaur, be assured that everything is fine with your great service exactly like it is. :-D

Thanks a lot Senex, very apreciated ;-)
  • »05.11.23 - 08:54
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Brumiga
    @Papiosaur,

I have downloaded and installed yesterday the latest version of Easy2Install. At launch it asked for the volume AMISSL: but I refused that because I do not any more use amissl. Maybe could you do something to avoid the pop-up of this kind of requester.

Brumiga

[ Edité par Brumiga 05.11.2023 - 13:33 ]
  • »05.11.23 - 13:28
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:
    Yes, you have right, i forgot why i have reuploded this archive on the storage at this date...sorry for the inconvenience.

Couldn't you just replace an archive silently on the server without full "re-upload" when you're doing minor changes on them? If not, could the page upload code changed so that it'd allow that kind of operation for moderators?
  • »07.11.23 - 07:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Quote:

jPV a écrit :
    Couldn't you just replace an archive silently on the server without full "re-upload" when you're doing minor changes on them? If not, could the page upload code changed so that it'd allow that kind of operation for moderators?

i can move and rename archives silently because the MD5 of the archive don't change. If the MD5 change, the database take the upload date.

It's possible to change date and add the old download number in the database but it's more work.
  • »07.11.23 - 14:25
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Primax
    @Papiosaur

No, please, not again:
    https://www.morphos-storage.net/?id=1999621

Uploaded an archive from 2017 without any comment.
    Why not adding at least a year after the version?

Thanks! :)
  • »26.11.23 - 09:09
    Profile Visit Website