New Modern Webkit-based Browser In Development
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    I have in my machine a Radeon HD 5450 which Wayfarer cannot use for displaying video streams. The reason for it has been discussed earlier and no more about that...

But would it be possible at least to save (to clipboard or to a file) the direct stream links which Wayfarer is anyway able to dig up, so that they could be then run in Mplayer or VLC? That would be great...!
  • »26.09.21 - 07:44
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Most of the websites do not offer direct links at all though. Or offer links to chunks which you’d have to save and mux together to get a playable file. It’s quite a bit of work to save a stream when you are only given data blobs to play.

I have something like this on my todo but no ETA yet.
  • »26.09.21 - 15:12
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    I'd like to program electron or similar technologies for morphos wrapped html5 applications with morphos ui, well I don't know how to get to something like webview. Advise me?
  • »06.10.21 - 21:53
  • Just looking around
    I'd like to program electron or similar technologies for morphos wrapped html5 applications with morphos ui, well I don't know how to get to something like webview. Advise me?
  • »06.10.21 - 21:55
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

pochanic wrote:

I guess that could be done if I released all of the link libs. I’ll have to think about this.
  • »07.10.21 - 02:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Templario
    I have found an interesting problem with hard disk cache, with the files inside the Curl, they can crash the hard disk clusters, and they are impossible delete from hard disk, although the worst is use the PFSDoctor program.... Now Wayfarer has a partition in exclusive for it.
  • »08.10.21 - 09:45
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I know Wayfarer has a "Save As" option for many downloads, but these downloads are downloaded/cached to the default folder that Wayfarer has set to store those files to and the files as they are downloaded are seemingly spooled/pieced/concatenated to the folder they are intended to be saved to.

So, you can end up with the HDD that Wayfarer is on getting filled up while the files download/transfer to the "Save As" destination folder/partition, which has on occasion caused my HDD, which is where Wayfarer usually runs from, becoming full and the download(s) stalls. Whereas the folder/HDD/partition the file(s) were requested to have them saved to has plenty of storage space remaining, but cannot accept the data as the data has stalled due to the folder Wayfarer stores the downloads on becoming full.

Is there a way to get the files to download - directly to where you want to save them to, rather than this indirect "Save As" method which can cause these issues? :-?
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »08.10.21 - 11:07
  • MorphOS Developer
    geit
    You probably turned off or rebooted your system while Wayfarer was still writing. The shut down indicator window may be closed, but the file system is still writing data to disk. Use the HDD indicator light before shutting down the system.

Even if the common sense is that you could turn off Amigas at any time, is simply wrong. Amigas and therefor MorphOS have no virtual memory and so far less HDD activity, but when there is a write, then there is a write you should not interrupt.

Cache files are normal files and have nothing to do with file system failures of any kind. Wayfarer is just writing a lot of data during operation.
  • »08.10.21 - 11:08
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

Templario wrote:
    I have found an interesting problem with hard disk cache, with the files inside the Curl, they can crash the hard disk clusters, and they are impossible delete from hard disk, although the worst is use the PFSDoctor program.... Now Wayfarer has a partition in exclusive for it.

Wayfarer doesn't write anything in a different way than other apps. It does write a LOT though (mainly not cache, but SQL files). And yes, if you reboot/crash during write, some file systems may eventually fail. Welcome to Amiga.
  • »08.10.21 - 13:08
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    Is there a way to get the files to download - directly to where you want to save them to, rather than this indirect "Save As" method which can cause these issues? :-?

You can change the default download folder to point somewhere else (different drive). By the time you've selected a download location, WebKit has already downloaded a chunk of the file and needs to be able to write it somewhere, therefore it writes to a temporary file. In Odyssey, if you take too long picking the 'save as' location, the download will simply fail/time out.
  • »08.10.21 - 14:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    Quote:

Templario wrote:

Wayfarer doesn't write anything in a different way than other apps. It does write a LOT though (mainly not cache, but SQL files). And yes, if you reboot/crash during write, some file systems may eventually fail. Welcome to Amiga.

This is why I softlink all my cache directories to ram disk, also with Wayfarer. Then it will be fast (no slowdown from hd access) and safe (no corrupted filesystems).

And if I want to have something saved then I use ENVARC/ENV for the cache directory... program's dir points to ENV, but I can save certain states of the cache (with cookies or similar) to ENVARC when I want.
  • »08.10.21 - 17:48
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Wayfarer 2.8 is now available

- Altivec code paths for a lot of WebAudio routines, optimized sin/cos computations in StereoPanner
    - Fast code paths for feColorMatrix (approximately 6 times faster than WebCore code)
    - Recompiled to fix a bug with longcalls in GCC, which caused it to miscompile the code in some cases leading to crashes
    - Improved the ContentDisposition header parser in WebKit
    - Detects expired certificates in the certificate viewer
    - Added a way to delete saved self-signed certificates, disabled the ability to 'trust' invalid/expired (not self signed) certificates
    - Fixed a regression in HTTP AUTH handling that caused downloads from password protected pages to fail
  • »14.10.21 - 04:06
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ jacadcaps - Thanks yet again, for more stability and improvements to enjoy using it. 8-)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »14.10.21 - 07:06
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    @ jacadcaps - Thanks yet again, for more stability and improvements to enjoy using it. 8-)

The ContentDisposition fix addresses the download issue you've reported, by the way.

Forgot to mention this in the changelog, but this build is also linked against a new, faster libm (library with various mathematical functions). It's been ported from Apple's PowerPC optimized sources by Piru and I.

[ Edited by jacadcaps 14.10.2021 - 14:28 ]
  • »14.10.21 - 13:28
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Thanks for 2.8, I do believe it is faster than 2.7!

Darren
    A4000/060/PPC-200MHz, A4000T/060/PPC-233MHz, CD32, MicroA1, Pegasos 2 G4, AMD Phenom Quad Core 2.5GHz, MacMini 1.5GHz/64MB VRam...mwwmwahhh :)
  • »14.10.21 - 15:42
    Profile Visit Website
    polluks
    I only see the splash screen, strange.
    Pegasos II G4: MorphOS 3.9, Zalman M220W · iMac G5 12,1 17", MorphOS 3.18
    Power Mac G3: OSX 10.3 · PowerBook 5,8: OSX 10.5, MorphOS 3.18
  • »14.10.21 - 22:23
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

polluks wrote:
    I only see the splash screen, strange.

16a578dd837017bad5bf82f397e8856b Wayfarer

Does that match?
  • »15.10.21 - 00:40
    Profile Visit Website
    polluks
    Indeed, it was accidentally truncated.
    Pegasos II G4: MorphOS 3.9, Zalman M220W · iMac G5 12,1 17", MorphOS 3.18
    Power Mac G3: OSX 10.3 · PowerBook 5,8: OSX 10.5, MorphOS 3.18
  • »16.10.21 - 00:21
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I rarely use Word Office (Online) but I got directed by a contact I trust to a hosted version of Word Online to download/view a document, which it directed me to, but then when I chose to save it as a PDF I got the "download" button which I clicked on, but I didn't even get a redirected tab, but with the Open Office document I got the "download" button which I clicked on, then I saw that a redirect tab opened but it didn't do anything, but if I chose to save it as a Word Doc, then it saved the file.

Has anyone else used Word Office Online and encountered these issues? :-?
  • »17.10.21 - 20:02
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    On the Formula 1 motor racing website at the bottom of the page you would normally see logos of the F1 "Our Partners" but with v2.8 only the text for these sponsors/partners is visible as a text/tabled block as though the images are not being interpreted/rendered correctly - anyone else noticed this issue? :-?
    [UPDATE 7-Nov-2021] - I figured out why the F1 sponsors logos would not load - it's due to the AdBlocker being active / checked. 8-D
  • »23.10.21 - 04:36
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    No cannot confirm - can see correct rendered logos!
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »23.10.21 - 17:26
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Something else (YT): Is there any way to aktivate the skip-button in commercials? This works flawless in OWB, but not in Wayfarer.
    It's realy annoying to watch this suipid commercials till the end to watch the real video!

[ Editiert durch Amigaharry2 23.10.2021 - 19:40 ]
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »23.10.21 - 18:40
    Templario
    How I can block the pop-up windows? There is an AD-Block like in Wayfarer?
  • »26.10.21 - 13:22
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

How I can block the pop-up windows?

Wayfarer has AdBlock Plus files support and pop up windows are blocked by default. That said, ad blocking is never perfect and may be out of date or the supplied file is not targeting the websites you are visiting. Hard to say more since you have not actually provided a link...

Wayfarer's Resources directory contains an easylist.dat file. You can place a file named easylist.txt in the same directory and delete the .dat file to force a refresh (Wayfarer will take about 2 minutes to start the next time you run it!).
  • »26.10.21 - 19:49
    Profile Visit Website