Zylesea
    Here we go, what's your expectations for 2020:

My list is rather short:

- Another update to MorphOS 3.x
    - Some progress on MorphOS x64
    - Finalwriter release
    - Hollywood 9

My own stuff:
    - last year was pretty tight on time, maybe 2020 will come with a bit more time to do this and that (more a hope than an expectation), I still have quite a few started but not yet progressed things on my hdd.
    - Probably get myself an iMac 2.1GHz (checking ebay..).
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »28.12.19 - 09:03
    Profile Visit Website
    Kronos
    - 3.13 (a bug fix release) is a pretty save bet, 3.14 I wouldn't expect till 2021
    - MorphOS x64 will be very quite maybe even total silence for normal users

My stuff (with or without Trump-math is to be seen):

- MUI_4_LUA is progressing quite good so that seems like a safe bet
    - once 3.13 is released I really need to get going on some of the halffinished panel-stuff so I don't miss the 3.14 deadline

Things that will only happen when the economy tanks a least a bit (fingers crossed...):

- update to PastePass using various MorphOS API (cryptostorage and random libraries)
    - new SteamDraw with LUA extensions
  • »28.12.19 - 09:21
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    beworld
    - new port of SDL 2.0 and more 3D support

- new MOS version of course -:
    IMac G5 2.1,PowerBook G4 1.5,MacMini 1.5, PowerMac G5 2.7 died !!!
    My MOS ports
  • »28.12.19 - 09:50
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    waldiamiga
    1.Update to MorphOS 3.x
    2.DooM III :D

MorphOS.pl
    PowerBook G4 1.67GHz|2GB DDR2|ATI Radeon 9700M 128MB|SSD 80GB|TFT 17"|MorphOS 3.1x
    Core i7 Notebook|WinUAE 3.x/AmigaOS4.1x & Icaros Desktop 2.x & QEmu 6.x.x
  • »28.12.19 - 12:35
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    zbysiuk
    1. Update MOS 3.x
    2. New OWB bug fix (Google)
    3. Preliminary, useble version of MOS x64
    4. MUI LUA would be the prefect gift.

I think, I am too far.... :)
  • »28.12.19 - 12:50
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    zbysiuk
    ... I wornder, if anybody heart anythink abaut exact x64 motherboard predicted as a MorphOS tool?

[ Edited by zbysiuk 29.12.2019 - 11:24 ]
  • »28.12.19 - 13:46
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Zylesea wrote:
    Here we go, what's your expectations for 2020:

My list is rather short:

- Another update to MorphOS 3.x
    - Some progress on MorphOS x64
    - Finalwriter release
    - Hollywood 9

My own stuff:
    - last year was pretty tight on time, maybe 2020 will come with a bit more time to do this and that (more a hope than an expectation), I still have quite a few started but not yet progressed things on my hdd.
    - Probably get myself an iMac 2.1GHz (checking ebay..).

Is the iMac 2.1GHz G5 a good alternative to using a G5 PowerMac tower? I haven't paid much attention to the progress of running MorphOS3.12 on any of the G5 iMac systems, but I should, since I have one available to me (my sister currently has my Dad's G5 iMac, but I don't know what model it is. She is only removing any pictures and other data from it before disposing of it, as my Dad passed away last Winter).

My hopes and expectations were all screwed up in the formatting

[ Edited by amigadave 28.12.2019 - 08:08 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »28.12.19 - 16:07
    KennyR
    I'm just going to save my money. With my country leaving Europe and an idiot as prime minister, it's only a matter of time before I'm expected to work in a factory making Halloween toys.
  • »28.12.19 - 16:21
  • vox
    vox
    Quote:

waldiamiga wrote:
    2.DooM III :D

PPC Linux port exit https://github.com/id-Software/DOOM-3/blob/master/neo/curl/docs/INSTALL
    Huno once claimed he is doing OS4 port
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzRZdDTXQAAsVO6.jpg

With some motivation, I am sure he could do a MOS one. Like Doom 3 remake style of horror, even more then fast paced "doom" (Doom 4?)

MorphOS for x86, updated Odyssey if possible, finalized support for G5 Macs, Final Writter!

Quote:

KennyR wrote:
    I'm just going to save my money. With my country leaving Europe and an idiot as prime minister, it's only a matter of time before I'm expected to work in a factory making Halloween toys.

Ah that East European feelings :)

[ Edited by vox 28.12.2019 - 18:27 ]
    ------------------------------------------
    iMac G5 1GB with MorphOS and MacOS X
    Lame PC with AmiKit XE
    YT channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdHl_msNWHEVPf229h_gijQ
    Telegram Amiga group: https://t.me/amigaranchorelaxo
  • »28.12.19 - 17:24
    beworld
    So we need SDL 2.0 and new openGL or gl4es
    My MOS ports
  • »28.12.19 - 17:41
    Profile Visit Website
  • rob
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    rob
    Quote:

KennyR wrote:

Don't worry I'm sure you'll still be able to afford eat avocado toast and prosecco to wash it down with.
  • »28.12.19 - 20:29
    KennyR
    Quote:

rob wrote:
    Quote:

KennyR wrote:

Don't worry I'm sure you'll still be able to afford eat avocado toast and prosecco to wash it down with.

And I'm sure the Daily Heil would love you to think so.
  • »28.12.19 - 20:30
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > So we need [...] new openGL or gl4es

GL4ES needs OpenGL ES :-)
  • »28.12.19 - 22:14
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

KennyR wrote:

Haven't been following this Brexit thing very closely at the end (the British indecisiveness became kind of too bizarre at some point), but AFAIK there at least won't be a "no deal" clean-slate new start when it comes to trade with the EU (49% of UK trade)? There are some breathing space? And it seems they have rolled over 2/3 (8% of UK trade) of the EU's trade deals with outside countries as well? This article is from early this month, maybe more agreements has been reached by now: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47213842

So maybe it won't be that catastrophic in the end? It's a bit of an experiment though. Uncharted territory. I also think it will be interesting to see what happens with Scotland in the end. And perhaps Northern Ireland as well, maybe them leaving the UK (not entirely implausible given some time IMHO) will be a key to peace and prosperity of the Irish Island? The current "deal" regarding Northern Ireland and its borders to EU and UK seems a bit like a Frankenstein solution and not something that could be sustainable. An air castle that nobody seems to be able to fully explain in a credible manner.
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »29.12.19 - 01:02
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

Zylesea wrote:
    Here we go, what's your expectations for 2020

Perhaps not as much an expectation as it is a *hope*, and that is that platform migration of MorphOS gets seriously prioritized. PPC has been dead for long, its ecosystem is collapsing, Mac's are ageing and at some point people won't even bother to put them on ebay and will scrap them instead. I fear it can happen fairly fast.

As part of a migration, I'm also hoping of an effort of supporting a family of *modern* GFX cards. Building support for older cards will IMHO be pointless, better warp directly to the latest and leave the gap in between unfilled.
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »29.12.19 - 01:15
    Cool_amigaN
    Sdl 2, native eduke32 port for Ion Furry support, NBlood for blood native support, Final Writer, updated open gl support, new version of Hollywood Designer, a native nalle puh solution.

I don't mind waiting a couple of year(s) more for a x64 prerelease and I am quite happy with the functionality of the my current systems (browsing the web, streaming YT, checking mails through iris etc).

However in between, sdl 2 and updated graphic support must come. I think that for those two and perhaps eduke32 native, some bounties must be initiated asap.
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »29.12.19 - 06:16
    Profile Visit Website
    beworld
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf a écrit :
    > So we need [...] new openGL or gl4es

GL4ES needs OpenGL ES :-)

Ok so OpenGL ES
    My MOS ports
  • »29.12.19 - 07:09
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I'm also hoping of an effort of supporting a family of *modern* GFX cards.
    > Building support for older cards will IMHO be pointless, better warp
    > directly to the latest and leave the gap in between unfilled.

This.
  • »29.12.19 - 08:23
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >>> So we need [...] new openGL or gl4es

>> GL4ES needs OpenGL ES :-)

> Ok so OpenGL ES

...or rather a new OGL or OGLES+GL4ES :-)
  • »29.12.19 - 08:28
    BSzili
    This is more wishful thinking than my "expectation", but it would be nice if the MOS port of SDL2 was open sourced. Fortunately the SDL 1.2 support isn't going to be dropped from the EasyRPG Player any time soon, because it's used for the Wii port as well.
    This is just like television, only you can see much further.
  • »29.12.19 - 09:20
    Profile Visit Website
    ernsteiswuerfel
    Quote:

takemehomegrandma schrieb:
    [...] I'm also hoping of an effort of supporting a family of *modern* GFX cards. Building support for older cards will IMHO be pointless, better warp directly to the latest and leave the gap in between unfilled.

Well, latest RX card series does not even work properly in Linux (yet). There are tons of bug reports regarding issues. Why would anyone expect MorphOS drivers of this series to be any better? I guess it's even harder to get this done in MorphOS with no properly working 'reference' drivers on other open source OSes. Also don't know about the documentation wether all the neceserry parts of the new series are opened up already.

I guess the next best GPU driver will be the one which can be done with least/reasonable effort. GCN v4 card (the series before RX) drivers seem to have stabled a bit on other OSes. So thats probably a better target than latest series.

I would prefer getting 3D support for already existing R600 card drivers, but that's only me.
    Talos II. [Gentoo Linux] | PMac G5 11,2. PMac G4 3,6. PBook G4 5,8. [MorphOS 3.18 / Gentoo Linux] | Vampire V4 SA [ApolloOS / Amiga OS 3.2.2]
  • »29.12.19 - 09:59
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    ppcamiga1
    Make Morphos open source and let everybody use it on any hardware they wanted.
  • »29.12.19 - 14:50
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    You mean there's people with interest in MorphOS, spare time on their hands and the skills required to port MorphOS to different hardware? And that they're not in the MorphOS Team already? Mind listing those people?
  • »29.12.19 - 16:13
    Profile Visit Website
    Templario
    Yes, a new MorphOS version with memeory protection, a new version of OWB with best javascript and CSS support, and SDL2, and more games too.
  • »29.12.19 - 18:54