Opus 5
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DoctorMorbius_FP
    Quote:

kas1e wrote:
    @All

And there is those morphos only bugs about which i say (and on which i point our itix few times already);

https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/bugs/1/
    https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/bugs/2/
    https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/bugs/11/

And that one maybe easy maybe not:

https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/bugs/34/

So, once those 4 bugs will be fixed, mos version (probably) will be ready.

In meantime, everyone can help us with this way:

- go on dopus5.org
    - download http://dopus5.org/downloads/nightly/Dopus5_92_dev_mos_debug.lha
    - unpack it, and try to run (from icon, from shell, etc, any way) and use it.
    - any bugs you found report here https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/bugs/ , or , here, i will repost them to bug-repo page.

Also, you may try to download os3 version: http://dopus5.org/downloads/nightly/Dopus5_92_dev_os3_debug.lha , and alos try it on morphos.

Well, I downloaded Dopus5_92_dev_mos_debug.lha (Build date: 20.09.2015) and tested it.

#https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/bugs/1/
    morphos: filetype.module crashes

OK. It seems that the fyletype module now works correctly.

https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/bugs/11/
    #11 morphos: crash in configopus.module when in "Settings/Environment" you choice Palette

OK. I'm able to use Palette.

https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/bugs/34/
    #34 morphos: when running dopus5 from shell then "mixer" binary automatically runs too.

OK. The "mixer" program does not appear.

https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/bugs/2/
    #2 morphos: ftp.module didn't works at all

NO! The FTP module still does not work. When I open the default FTP button bank, the "Address Book" and "Connect" button do not react to mouse clicks. Only the "Edit config" button works. Furthermore, if I try to edit the button bank and select a button, MorphOS "Log server" window opens and signals:
       Type   !
       Name   dopus_button_editor
       Category   LineF
    And of course the editing locks up.

-----

Let me signal a "forever" standing bug in all DOpus Amiga versions, that was corrected in DOpus 6 (PC version) and following. When one copies all the contents of a directory tree, file dates are cloned, but directory dates are the current creation dates. Several years ago I wrote an ARexx routine that runs just after the copy is ended and clones all the original directory dates, so for me the problem is solved. Anyway, inserting something similar in DOpus "copy" code would be fine...
    Powered by PegasosII-G4, MacMini, PowerMac MDD.
  • »20.09.15 - 23:45
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    kas1e
    @DoctorMorbius_FP
    Is there any other problems arise except of ftp.module ? I mean, all other parts works as expected now ? (i can't test myself mos version at moment).

As for copy bug, if you can and have time for , plz, signup on SF, and report all bugs and feature requests here:

bugs: https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/bugs/?source=navbar
    feature requests: https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/featurerequests/?source=navbar

Of course i can (and will) report it mysel there, but will be better if you can do that directly.

@Ikka
    Btw, there is also another necessary moment with morphos version : ambient's icons looks as "PNG" images, and not like real icons. As well as os4 icons didn't shows correctly too. I made a feature request about it there year ago: https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/featurerequests/19/

On os4 and aros BSZili add USE_DRAWICONSTATE flag to the makefiles, which enable necessary additional code to make new icons works, but when i do the same for morphos, i have no luck: os4 icons still looks wrong (while on os4/aros same icons with USE_DRAWICONTATE looks ok), and png ones still shows as png. Probably, can be also fixed more or less easy to make USE_DRAWICONSTATE code work. Or maybe need add some png-related code in, or maybe morphos version should be suppled with some png plugin or something.. Check plz https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/featurerequests/19/ for more details and screenshots.

[ Edited by kas1e 21.09.2015 - 09:03 ]
  • »21.09.15 - 08:57
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    I try to look at ftp.module today.

USE_DRAWICONSTATE is probably using H&P icon.library extensions? They are not supported in MorphOS and if you are using 3.5/3.9 it does not know about PNG or OS4 icons.

I can add PNG and OS4 icon support to DOpus5 using z.library. I have to look where and how it can be added... this would make it possible use those icons in OS3 builds, too. It seems there is zlib.library available... or just link against zlib. But I will see what I can do about it.
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »21.09.15 - 14:29
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    kas1e
    @Itix
    Quote:

USE_DRAWICONSTATE is probably using H&P icon.library extensions?

I do not know to be honest. BSzili added that code to make os4 and aros native icons works, it is used only in one file in the programm itself: Program/backdrop_render.c and in 2 modules where also icons can be shown: configopus/filetype_editor.c and icon/icon.c and code itself small enough.

Quote:

I can add PNG and OS4 icon support to DOpus5 using z.library. I have to look where and how it can be added... this would make it possible use those icons in OS3 builds, too. It seems there is zlib.library available... or just link against zlib. But I will see what I can do about it.

Probably will be best to link agaist zlib (later we can make short version of zlib, with only necessary functions, so to reduce size of additional code on linking), to avoid any 3d party deps. And add it for begining for morphos only , via #ifdef __MORPHOS__ , so if it will works, we can later reuse it for everything else. Maybe also make it like -DUSE_ZLIB_FOR_ICONS or something.

And probably places where that need to be added the same where we have ifdefs for USE_DRAWICONSTATE for now

[ Edited by kas1e 22.09.2015 - 08:47 ]
  • »22.09.15 - 08:42
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    kas1e
    dbl post

[ Edited by kas1e 22.09.2015 - 11:30 ]
  • »22.09.15 - 11:23
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    kas1e
    @ikka
    And btw, you also broke os4 builds with last commits:

Quote:

filetype.c:40:2: warning: #warning Should not be here - Disabled - Remove eventually.
    filetype.c:92:2: warning: #warning this should be replaced with SimpleRequest
    filetype.c: In function <˜finder_build_cache>:
    filetype.c:1147: error: <˜callbase> undeclared (first use in this function)
    filetype.c:1147: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
    filetype.c:1147: error: for each function it appears in.)
    filetype.c: In function <˜finder>:
    filetype.c:1280: error: <callbase> undeclared (first use in this function)
    filetype.c: In function <˜creator>:
    filetype.c:2805: error: <˜callbase> undeclared (first use in this function)
    make[2]: *** [filetype.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [filetype] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dopus5/trunk/source/Modules'

It is "fixed morphos crosscalls" in the rev 1104, where you add REFCALL everywhere.

Probably same problem will be with rev1105 where few REFCALLs added in ftp.module.

[ Edited by kas1e 22.09.2015 - 11:28 ]
  • »22.09.15 - 11:24
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    Okay I check it today.

Yesteday I looked at icon stuff and there is no easy way to load PNG icons internally. I maybe can get it working in MorphOS using standard icon.library but OS3 support would require rewriting some icon handling code...
  • »22.09.15 - 13:49
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    kas1e
    @Itix
    Imho will be enough for now to make it works for morphos, and if it will be just icon.library that will be even better (no 3d party deps). Later someone else always may add necessary code for os3.
  • »22.09.15 - 14:46
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    I fixed OS4 build but I dont know if this fix breaks something else... the macro looks odd. If you look at my commit you see what I changed there.

I have got PNG icons working in DOpus5. Filetype editor was not fixed yet and at the moment I have no plans to fix it any further.
  • »22.09.15 - 19:06
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    kas1e
    @Ikka
    Forced rebuild of nightlys on rev.1112, and seems all is ok (at least os4 version builds fine again), as well as morphos,aros and os3 versions. Can't test myself through if os4 build works now after REFCALL change , and how morphos version show png icons, but probabaly all should be ok :) Will that code shows aos4 icons as well ? Or we can just mixx DRAWICONSTATE and new png-code to see them on mos ?

Quote:

Filetype editor was not fixed yet

You mean icons in the filetype editor window ? If so, i can later add same kind of code later. Not big deal.

Latest thing probably are fixing of ftp bugs about which said above and mos version is ready ?:)

[ Edited by kas1e 22.09.2015 - 19:56 ]
  • »22.09.15 - 19:54
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    It only supports PNG icons. I am using some undocumented parts of Ambient to get PNG bitmap from icons and it is no way clean method. I should write custom icon loader... maybe I do that, maybe I dont :)

I found a bug from ftp.module. There was a bug in ARexx handling what fixed crash in MorphOS but I still could not get that thing to connect. It doesnt crash here anymore, though.
  • »22.09.15 - 20:15
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DoctorMorbius_FP
    Quote:

kas1e wrote:
    @DoctorMorbius_FP
    Is there any other problems arise except of ftp.module ? I mean, all other parts works as expected now ? (i can't test myself mos version at moment).

Unfortunately now I have not enough free time for a deep check. Anyway DOpus 5.92 [MorphOS version] worked fine in my initial tests (except the FTP module), so I was encouraged and adopted it for everyday use: I will report bugs as soon as I encounter them.

Quote:

kas1e wrote:
    As for copy bug, if you can and have time for , plz, signup on SF, and report all bugs and feature requests here:

bugs: https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/bugs/?source=navbar
    feature requests: https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/featurerequests/?source=navbar

Of course i can (and will) report it mysel there, but will be better if you can do that directly.

As I said above I have few time now, but next week I will try to do such a report.

Quote:

itix wrote:
    It only supports PNG icons. I am using some undocumented parts of Ambient to get PNG bitmap from icons and it is no way clean method. I should write custom icon loader... maybe I do that, maybe I dont :)

I found a bug from ftp.module. There was a bug in ARexx handling what fixed crash in MorphOS but I still could not get that thing to connect. It doesnt crash here anymore, though.

Icons
    Wow! MorphOS PNG icons can be seen in Dopus5_92_dev_mos_debug.lha (Build date: 22.09.2015). However this is true only for disk icons, other icons are still displayed as 4-color icons (iconified DOpus listers, YAM icon, and others) or as the usual standard "PNG" images (OWB, ImageFX loader, and others) just like they were displayed by the original DOpus 5.82.

FTP
    Yes, it does not crashes and partially operates now. I can open the Address Book, by I'm still unable to connect: pressing the "Connect" button has no effect either in the "FTP Buttons" bank or in the "Address Book" window.

Filetypes
    I imported my entire filetype collection from DOpus 5.82 and all those custom filetypes work fine without changes. I have not tested yet the filetype editor.

-----

@itix
    You are doing a great job! Thank you very much.

[ Edited by DoctorMorbius_FP 23.09.2015 - 14:25 ]