Installing ImageFX Studio?
  • Just looking around
    jaesonk
    I'm new to MorphOS. Just installed and registered the latest version on my 15" PowerBook G4.

Now I'm trying to install some of my old Amiga apps, starting with ImagineFX 4.5 Studio (Nova Design 2004). I trying to install from the CD but the installer aborts with error.

Line: 1527
    Error message: Value out of range
    This is a fatal error and the Installation process will be terminated

Is there a fix or work-around for this?

Thanks,
    Jaeson
  • »13.03.21 - 19:03
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > the installer aborts with error.
    > Line: 1527
    > Error message: Value out of range
    > This is a fatal error and the Installation process will be terminated
    > Is there a fix or work-around for this?

This appears to have been discussed in another thread and the solution seems to be using the Installer v43.3 (see comment #59).
  • »13.03.21 - 20:01
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

jaesonk wrote:
    I'm new to MorphOS. Just installed and registered the latest version on my 15" PowerBook G4.

Now I'm trying to install some of my old Amiga apps, starting with ImagineFX 4.5 Studio (Nova Design 2004). I trying to install from the CD but the installer aborts with error.

Line: 1527
    Error message: Value out of range
    This is a fatal error and the Installation process will be terminated

Is there a fix or work-around for this?

Thanks,
    Jaeson

I hope you succeed in getting it installed and running. I should try again, as I failed in my attempt years ago, and never went back to try again. Of course I would need to find which box my ImageFX4.5 CD is in now ......., I hate being disorganized, but after adding my female friend into my house and life, many of my things are boxed up and/or scattered at the moment. Such is the sacrifice we make for Love! It must be Love, because at my age the sex just isn't what it used to be. ;-)
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »13.03.21 - 22:00
  • Just looking around
    jaesonk
    I used the suggested installer with my ImageFX 4.5 Studio CD and it worked. Thanks. I just launched it from a shell and pointed it at the Install_45 file on the CD. This version does include some "power station" features that are MorphOS and PowerUp specific.

I need to drag out the manual to read up on some of the settings.

Some tool windows don't seem to work/display properly and it tends to lock up on me while experimenting.

Jaeson
  • »14.03.21 - 03:32
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I find some of the Effects, and Text, in particular, do tend to cause some 'freezes' with IFX v4.x which is a shame, but it used to be a bit 'flaky' with OS3.9 BB2 anyway. Save often and then you can always load a file that's part done back in again and finish what you're attemtping to achieve - with a bit of good luck.

I tend to use IFX v4.0 more than v4.5 Studio as v4.0 always seemed to be more stable for me, unless there's something that only v4.5 will do. Others may get different 'mileage' out of their system and depending on what needs they have.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »14.03.21 - 07:22
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Some tool windows don't seem to work/display properly
    > and it tends to lock up on me while experimenting.

There may be some peculiarities running ImageFX v4.5 Studio on MorphOS that are described in other comments within the thread already linked to in comment #2, including potential remedies:

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7758&forum=9&start=22

Take special note of cecilia's comments.
  • »14.03.21 - 08:10
  • Just looking around
    jaesonk
    Installing the newer text hook from the CD and removing the YUV loader/saver modules resolved many problems, but another remains.

After ImageFX opens its screen I get an AREXX message:
    AREXX reimplementation is not yet finished. If you want to use AREXX, please install your original rexxsyslib.library

I tried copying over the AREXX files from my A3000T backup CD. Put the rexxsyslib.library in SYS:libs and rebooted but ImageFX still complains with the same message.

What am I missing? I didn't see anything about this in the other conversation.

Thanks.
    Jaeson
  • »14.03.21 - 19:40
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Put your old 68K rexxsyslib.library to MorphOS:libs. I hat the same probem putting it to System:libs - it was'nt recognized and MOS takes allways the dummy from MorphOS:libs.......
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »14.03.21 - 20:06
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Amigaharry2 wrote:
    Put your old 68K rexxsyslib.library to MorphOS:libs. I hat the same probem putting it to System:libs - it was'nt recognized and MOS takes allways the dummy from MorphOS:libs.......

Please read the first link in my previous reply, and do it right (tm) :) If you put the 68k one in SYS:Libs and rename the old dummy library as SYS:MorphOS/Libs/rexxsyslib.library_disabled, then this setup will survive on MorphOS system upgrades and you don't have to do it ever again.

[ Edited by jPV 14.03.2021 - 21:16 ]
  • »14.03.21 - 20:13
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    jaesonk
    Thanks for all the assistance!

Jaeson
  • »15.03.21 - 04:26