now fully lives-up to it's description as a "Game Launcher", because <em>it's now possible to add disk images & 'foreign' executables, and have them automatically loaded by the appropriate emulator (e.g. Hatari, DOSBox, VICE, E-UAE) or game system (e.g. Frotz)
Read more for changes
The main changes are:
* Due to some big improvements, you can now add emulated game files (like Roms & Disks) to eGame, and then launch them with just a double-click, typically without any configuration! (The relevant emulator must have been installed of course.)
* It supports launching games for Amiga (floppy disks), Atari ST, Megadrive, NES, SNES, C64, Spectrum, and Infocom (text adventures).
* These "game launchers" are easily configurable, so you can change the emulator used, and even add entirely new launchers (if I overlooked any emulators).
* Dropping a folder on eGame now finds & adds most types of emulated game files.
* Launchers can use game-specific parameters (set in the "Edit game" window).
* Added a prefs option to exit eGame after a game has been launched.
* Added a button to open the game's folder.
* Fixed editing of multiple entries only editing half of them.
* The OK button in the "Edit game" window now responds to the Enter key.
* The eGame logo is now less garish! (eGame_logo.png
You can download eGame from Aminet
allows you to keep an easily searchable list of games for playing - rather than having to hunt through lots of folders. It is even possible to add ROMs, disk images & 'foreign' executables, and have them automatically loaded by the appropriate emulator (e.g. DOSBox) or game system (e.g. Frotz).
"eGame" is short for "(Portabl)E Game Launcher". I originally wrote eGame as a test & an example of what can be achieved with PortablE's easy GUI system, but (after some prodding from Joel) I think it has become a really useful program in it's own right.
As I've put a lot of effort into making tagging, filtering & launching easy but still pretty powerful, I decided to make it 'DonationShareware'. Without a key file it will only display 10 games (although you can still search all stored games & the first 10 matches will be shown). If you want to get a key file to unlock it, then you need to send me at least 2 Pounds by PayPal (although I encourage you to donate more if you feel it is worth more!).
eGame_MOS_1.png eGame_MOS_2.png eGame_MOS_3.png