Tubexx / SMTube
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    XzIt
    soo im quessing that Tubexx isent supported anymore?
    havent got it to work in ages and seems the homepage is down too ;(

any reason we dont have SMTube as a replacement?
    can we use Mplayer as the player for it maybe ?

Source : http://downloads.sourceforge.net/smplayer/smtube-1.8.tar.bz2

i for one like to have a seperate program for playing the youtube videos.
    Just asking ;P

X

[ Edited by XzIt 28.02.2014 - 10:48 ]
  • »28.02.14 - 10:47
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > im quessing that Tubexx isent supported anymore?

I'd word it the other way round: Youtube isn't supported anymore by Tubexx :-)

> any reason we dont have SMTube as a replacement?

I guess there's lack of need because OWB can play it.

> can we use Mplayer as the player for it maybe ?

Yes, of course. That has always been possible (with getvideo script for instance).
  • »28.02.14 - 13:08
    Develin
    @xzit

I'm working on a tool similar to SMTube but built from scratch.
    But as Andreas says you can do pretty much inside of Odyssey allready.
  • »01.03.14 - 06:50
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    XzIt
    i mean SMTube uses SMplayer:"SMPlayer is a graphical user interface (GUI) for the award-winning MPlayer", could there be a plugin for mplayer or something in that order, as the only thing you need is the SMTube window to choose your video and redirect to mplayer maybe ? or isent that possible?

X
  • »04.03.14 - 15:36
    Profile Visit Website
    Develin
    Sure a plugin should be possible todo in MPlayer.

This is a stand-alone tool (TubeIT) which I work on atm. this will be able to launch MPlayer (if not started) and then pass the streaming URL to it (not there yet, but hopefully soon).

tubeit.png
  • »05.03.14 - 18:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cego
    any news on this or alternative tool? Watching Youtube via Browser is such an overhead for a G4 system. Now that MPlayer supports HTTPS there should be no issues anymore...
    Pegasos II G4 @1.0GHz, 1GB DDR Ram, Radeon 9200Pro, 240GB SSD+160GB HD, MorphOS 3.18, AmigaOS4.1 FE, Debian 8
  • »25.11.20 - 17:06
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    When useing Youtube (spoof OWB as IPAD):

https://www.morphos-storage.net/index.php?id=1531953

If useing Invideous:

https://www.morphos-storage.net/index.php?id=1531979

Notice: Maybe you have to configure paths in YT.rexx to your need.

Both scripts needs last version of MPLAYER (1.4-beta1), which can handle https:

Notice: If commercials are set in front of YT-Video, these scripts may not work. May also have strage behavior in case of commercial interrupts.

To download manualy such a stream (or anything other):

Click on YT-Video and open Message(Nachrichten)-Window of OWB. Copy mediastream which looks something like that:

Code:
    [MediaPlayer] Loading https://r7---sn-uxax3vh50nugp5-8pxe....................................very, very long line.

Paste that URL to OWB and remove Code:
    [MediaPlayer] Loading 
    , then press Enter.

The internal Player is opended now. You can play video here in fullscreen or download the video by pressing right mousebutton and choosing dowload stream (to your HD).
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »25.11.20 - 18:30
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    KennyR
    Be aware that the legal threats and takedowns are intensifying for any tool that exposes the true URL of a youtube video. Youtube-DL was briefly taken off Github by a DCMA copyright strike.

Google will keep changing the format of their website, meaning tools meant to parse their code will have to be updated frequently. And it's only a matter of time before they move to DRM. It already does exist on the site, but not for general videos.

If anyone wants to write one for MorphOS, it would be much better to port one of the frequently-updated Linux tools, and streamline it so it can be easily recompiled every few weeks.
  • »25.11.20 - 22:14
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MoerBoer
    The way I do it is to open tonvid.com via OWB, then open the video I want to watch. It obviously crawls, but going to OWB's network window the URL can than be selected and copied.

I then close OWB, go to the latest MPlayer and click the URL button and paste, and it plays smoothly.

No tools or scripts needed.
  • »26.11.20 - 04:30
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

MoerBoer wrote:
    The way I do it is to open tonvid.com via OWB, then open the video I want to watch. It obviously crawls, but going to OWB's network window the URL can than be selected and copied.

I then close OWB, go to the latest MPlayer and click the URL button and paste, and it plays smoothly.

No tools or scripts needed.

I also do this quite often if I want to download a YouTube video, or watch videos on some other sites. This usually works on most sites that report "video can't be opened" or something like that, but when you look at the bottom right corner lamps or open the Network Activity window, the video is usually still downloading and you can copy its URL from the Network Activity window, and then paste it back to the OWB's URL field to be opened directly by OWB's internal media player (where you can watch it with less CPU load and also select "Download media" with RMB to download the video).

This works directly with YouTube pages too (spoofed as iPad nowadays), so I never have installed those 3rd party scripts or used 3rd party pages, because all this is working under OWB directly.
  • »26.11.20 - 06:54
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    That's right, but it's easier and more "elegant" to do all these things by script: Only click right mousebutton and choose Playvideo and the rest is automatic...........

[ Editiert durch Amigaharry2 26.11.2020 - 08:40 ]
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »26.11.20 - 08:39