efika order from directron
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    MarK
    hi there,

i have a question about directron. we (few of my friends) have ordered from directron about 10 efikas (2 with additional options) before christmas, and also sent money to the directron, but after a question, what the order status is, they asked, how much money did we send to them... then no answer at all, neither 14 days after. isn't here anyone, who would know something more about directron? it was more than USD1000, and all the ppl start to feel... unhappy about this situation...

thanks for any suggestions!

bye, MarK.
  • »04.02.08 - 14:33
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    ironfist
    Ouch! Maybe they are easier to contact on PowerDeveloper.
  • »04.02.08 - 16:38
    Profile Visit Website
    ausPPC
    How did you guys pay? Was it a bunch of separate transactions or did you pool your money and do one transaction?

Either way, it might be time to consider a chargeback (assuming you paid with a creditcard)...
    PPC assembly ain't so bad... ;)
  • »04.02.08 - 22:21
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    First, try to contact their Customer Service to find out what is going on. Not Sales. Sales only care about Selling items. After, you place an order you deal with Customer Service.

http://www.directron.com/contact.html

Calling is usually better than email, though you could try email first. If they are no help. Then inform them you want to cancel the order & you're going to do a charge back from credit card company ( or tell them you want a full refund ).

PS It could even be in shipment or lost in shipment. Try to find out if they even sent them out yet. If not, then why not? If sent, then confirm the address information.
  • »05.02.08 - 00:18
    MarK
    payment was done by money transfer, and the only problem is, that directron doesn't answer our questions. we don't know, if the money has successfully arrived, or if they have sent efikas already.

bye, MarK.
  • »05.02.08 - 03:25
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Was money transfer done through bank? If so, the bank should be able to tell you if the money went through to Directon account. Otherwise, if the ( money ) transfer does not go through then it comes back to the ( sending ) bank and some banks do not tell you unless you call them. I believe the bank knows within one week of sending if transfer was successful.

You should contact the institution/service/bank that sent the money transfer to verify that it was received ( went through ). Then confirm this with Directron to be sure.

You have to find out what the bank & Directron are saying about the money. You can try Directron Customer Service first to see if they received the funds or maybe talk to the bank first. You may have to speak to both to clear this up.

Once you know for sure that Directron received payment can you start asking about your order. Otherwise you'll have to track down where the money went to ( ended up at ).

PS I've done wire transfers from Europe to Canada & had trouble with some not going through because tellers sometimes don't put the info in correctly ( incorrect format or mix up the bank/institution #/account #, etc. ). IBAN is not used in Canada & USA so it's easier for them to screw it up.

Edit: If you contact Customer Service then they should respond to you but Sales will not. Phoning is normally best for quick response. Try calling on different days to get different CSRs and ask them until you get an answer. ie: if one doesn't give right answer or helps then call & talk to another CSR, etc. Someone should give you answer, even to say that they haven't recevied your payment.

[ Edited by Omen on 2008/2/4 22:45 ]
  • »05.02.08 - 04:37
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    SoundSquare
    you can try to contact James Baker from Directron. His nickname on www.powerdeveloper.org is muriani. You can also find him on IRC (freenode, #pegasosppc)
    I had a little issue before with an order at Directron and he took care of it in a fast, nice, and efficient way.

James Baker
    IT Systems Development and Implementation
    muriani@gmail.com
  • »05.02.08 - 05:13
    MarK
    well, it seams, that problem is at our bank... when we setup the transfer for the first time (with their woman) and for the first time, the bank transfer failed, and money got back to us... but for the second time... we supposed, the transfer was okay... and now we can see, it wasn't... :(

bye, MarK.
  • »07.02.08 - 12:54
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Thanks for your update. I thought it may have been a bank transfer issue.

Sending money to USA or Canada from outside these countries by bank transfer is problematic if the information is not formated in a certain way and requires lots of information ( must also provide USA Bank name & ( main office ) address along with bank #, branch #, account #, BIC & Routing Code plus the name listed on the account ). And if it is not formated properly then it'll bounce back. It is a real pain / hassle and why I like to avoid wire transfers from Europe.

The easier and better way is to use a credit card to make your purchase. Or safer yet would be a "virtual credit card" but you need to take care who you get it from. Paypal is supposed to offer a virtual credit card but I haven't looked into it.
  • »07.02.08 - 14:45
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    ironfist
    Paypal is the #1 choice for international online payment.

At least for me.
  • »07.02.08 - 21:14
    Profile Visit Website
    bbrv
    We did check with Directron.

Quote:

I am still trying to follow up with that forum post as that individual does not seem to have an order placed in our system which is what more than likely caused the misunderstanding. Please let me know if you need anything else. Thank you!

Please email us directly if you have any other trouble. BTW, Genesi will have it's own Store open again soon. We will ship worldwide as we have done in the past.

Best regards,
    R&B :-)
  • »09.02.08 - 10:44
    Profile Visit Website
    hooligan
    Quote:

bbrv wrote:
    We did check with Directron.

Quote:

I am still trying to follow up with that forum post as that individual does not seem to have an order placed in our system which is what more than likely caused the misunderstanding. Please let me know if you need anything else. Thank you!

Please email us directly if you have any other trouble. BTW, Genesi will have it's own Store open again soon. We will ship worldwide as we have done in the past.

Best regards,

Plans to sell complete Efika-systems?
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »10.02.08 - 06:32
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Genesi
    Yes. The new version will include the Radeon 9250 (DVI or VGA option) as the last ODW and a 100GB HDD. At least that is what we are shipping now to corporate customers. Our plan is to open up the Store when the time has come...

• »10.02.08 - 11:07
    Profile Visit Website
    MarK
    and obvious question... will it ship with MorphOS? :-)

bye, MarK.
  • »11.02.08 - 05:07
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    merko
    How did you guys manage to enter a non-American address? I can only choose US, Canada or some US overseas areas.
  • »27.03.08 - 18:01
    Golem
    Email, transfer money etc. not exactly convenient :)
  • »27.03.08 - 23:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Genesi
    The Genesi Store has been open again for at least a month. It will accept valid credit cards from most destinations.

https://www.genesi-usa.com/store.php

We just shipped an order to Italy this past week and Germany the week before. We also had a shipment arrive in Poland yesterday.

• »29.03.08 - 07:13
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Genesi
    ...we had big problems in the end with Directron. We will no longer be working with them. However, they still have some inventory they purchased and will likely sell what they have before they exit the EFIKA business.
  • »29.03.08 - 07:15
    Profile Visit Website
    Velcro_SP
    |||

[ Edited by Velcro_SP 05.08.2011 - 18:42 ]
    Pegasos2 G3, 512 megs RAM
  • »01.04.08 - 01:40