Chrysalis Pack
  • Just looking around
    Hi everyone!

I was wondering if there will be released a new Chrysalis Pack for MOS3.18? I am waiting for it since the release of 3.18 when I found out that the old Version of the Pack could not be installed into the new MOS.

Is there any information about this?

Best regards,
    Frank
  • »18.10.23 - 17:22
  • man
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    man
    yes you can use chrysalis 3.17 and change the installer script or you copy the necessary files without old files that morphos 3.18 not net
  • »18.10.23 - 18:58
  • man
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    man
    "not need"
  • »18.10.23 - 18:58
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Quote:

CryzleR a écrit :
    Hi everyone!

I was wondering if there will be released a new Chrysalis Pack for MOS3.18? I am waiting for it since the release of 3.18 when I found out that the old Version of the Pack could not be installed into the new MOS.

Best regards,
    Frank

Hi CryzleR,

the new version of Chrysalis pack arrives soon :-) Thanks for your interest about it.

I would like to integrate the software Easy2Install into it to have possibility to update software installed on it. Now Easy2Install work better than first betas... so it will be integrated into the new version of Chrysalis pack. I will try to release it for this week-end (or next) with the next beta of Easy2Install integrated and the paths configured for all software installed in the package.
  • »18.10.23 - 21:20
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:
    Quote:

CryzleR a écrit :
    Hi everyone!

Best regards,
    Frank

Hi CryzleR,

the new version of Chrysalis pack arrives soon :-) Thanks for your interest about it.

I would like to integrate the software Easy2Install into it to have possibility to update software installed on it. Now Easy2Install work better than first betas... so it will be integrated into the new version of Chrysalis pack. I will try to release it for this week-end (or next) with the next beta of Easy2Install integrated and the paths configured for all software installed in the package.

That‘s great!
    So I don‘t have to manipulate the old Version…

Thanks a lot…

Frank
  • »18.10.23 - 22:30
  • Just looking around
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:
    Hi CryzleR,

Hi…

any news about this?

Best regards,
    Frank
  • »03.11.23 - 23:16
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Quote:

CryzleR a écrit :
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:
    Hi CryzleR,

Hi…

any news about this?

Best regards,
    Frank

Hi Cryzler,

the pack is finalized, Easy2Install is ready now, i must integrate it into the pack and configure the good destination path for each category now specific to the pack.

For example:
    Audio -> Sys:Applications_ext/Audio/
    etc.

I think i could send you a link to download the Chrysalis pack for MorphOS 3.18 next week ;-)

Sorry for the wait and thanks for your patience.
  • »03.11.23 - 23:52
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:
    I think i could send you a link to download the Chrysalis pack for MorphOS 3.18 next week ;-)

This would be great!

Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:
    Sorry for the wait and thanks for your patience.

I don‘t wanted to be annoying - sorry, if I was…

Best regards,
    Frank

[ Edited by CryzleR 05.11.2023 - 20:45 ]
  • »05.11.23 - 20:44
  • man
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    man
    je me demande si il serait plus pertinent de faire Chrysalis pour morphos 3.19
  • »28.11.23 - 09:18
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Quote:

man a écrit :

The Chrysalis pack will be the same for MorphOS 3.19 if this last it released soon.

I had personaly problems this month which delayed the finalization of the pack and i try to improve Easy2Install to integrate into the pack (configuration of the multiple path) and some tests to all work fine...

Thanks for your comprehension.

I think 2 more weeks ;-)
  • »28.11.23 - 13:05
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Templario
    Quote:

Papiosaur escribió:
    Quote:

man a écrit :

The Chrysalis pack will be the same for MorphOS 3.19 if this last it released soon.

I had personaly problems this month which delayed the finalization of the pack and i try to improve Easy2Install to integrate into the pack (configuration of the multiple path) and some tests to all work fine...

Thanks for your comprehension.

I think 2 more weeks ;-)

You don't worry the fans we will can wait it.
  • »28.11.23 - 16:00
  • man
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    man
    ok oui on a le temps
    certains composants de 3.19 ne risquent il pas de rendre obselète certains composants de chrysalis si cela sort auparavan,t apres on peut toujours modifier a nouveau
    merci
  • »28.11.23 - 17:03
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Quote:

man a écrit :
    ok oui on a le temps
    certains composants de 3.19 ne risquent il pas de rendre obselète certains composants de chrysalis si cela sort auparavan,t apres on peut toujours modifier a nouveau
    merci

oui, je vérifirai biensûr mais en général, les gros changements ça sera sur la 3.20 ;-)
  • »28.11.23 - 18:21
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    The two weeks are almost over ;o)… got news?
  • »29.12.23 - 19:47
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Quote:

CryzleR a écrit :

Hi Cryzler,

i wait MorphOS 3.19 :-D

The work continue, i'm finalising a new beta of Easy2Install with a very important new features for me (will reconize 4 sorts of archives: with installer script, with exe, without exe, just some files without drawer). All that without change the source code each time (many many cases...).

I have realized some tests with the pack and Easy2Install and all seems Ok. I continue testing...

If you want i can send you a beta version of the pack.
  • »29.12.23 - 20:17
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Yes, please - this would be nice!
  • »30.12.23 - 07:04
  • Just looking around
    Hi Papiosaur,

I'm new to MorphOS, but finally got a Mac Mini G4 to run it on without having the electricity bills ruin me (using the dual G5) :)

I have 3.18 installed and were looking for the Chrysalis pack 'everyone' mention, but as (for everyone else) the latest I could find was 3.15.

See here that you are working/almost done with the new pack, and I would appreciate if you could send me a link so I can try it out on the current MorphOS release.

/PeO

Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:
    Quote:

CryzleR a écrit :

Hi Cryzler,

i wait MorphOS 3.19 :-D

If you want i can send you a beta version of the pack.
  • »09.01.24 - 12:27
  • Just looking around
    @Papiosaur

Looking forward to be able to test it this weekend or the next maybe.

My Mini is in pieces (or only not fully put back together) since the DVD drive that came in it were borky, then I got another one with the exact same problem. The lens is so hard to move that the driving mechanism protects itself by the spring release (everything cleaned and lubricated)..
    At the best, I was able to read (with dd) about 2GB from the mac install disk.
    https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ZA3zqbBD78w

In worst case, this is a very common problem which have not been researched enough (and when the drives were widely available they were just thrown away and replaced), so I might have three more broken ones on the way..
  • »21.01.24 - 11:20
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ peoy - the Apple Matsushita/Panasonic UJ-85JC A Super Drive DVD±RW-DL-CD-RW is a great alternative for the ealier MacMini drives as they also have an IDE/PATA connector, so you just need to swap over the membrane/ribbon connector and you're good-to-go ! 8-D

They were usually fitted in the earlier MacBooks, but I won't tell anyone if you need to fit one in a G4 MacMini. :lol:

There are plenty of them still about, for fairly little money, in the usual online buying/selling websites. 8-)

You can't use the Dual-Layer (DL) capability of the drive with MorphOS as it's not supported, but you can use it on your device if you use the Mac Mini to Dual Boot (which it sounds like you do) to Mac OSX, as the Dual-Layer technology is supported on Mac-OSX, at least it is with the Toast software, though there may be other alternatives. ;-)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »22.01.24 - 05:56
  • Just looking around
    LuckyHazlenut
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:

Any News or Links ?
    iMac G5 2.1 20" iSight (PowerMac 12.1)
    Registered MorphOS 3.15 since
    -- (11.04.2021 - 23:30) --
  • »25.01.24 - 11:48
  • man
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    man
    on meta morphos for the beta if you want
  • »25.01.24 - 13:35
  • Just looking around
    Make my mac useable again (or actually for the first time ever) :)

I'm currently testing the DVD-drives that arrived this week... Just doing a test with 'dd if=/dev/disk1 of=macdisk.img bs=10240', then waiting to see if/when it fails.

I have a four-way boot setup with MorphOS 3.18 as default, then X10.6 X10.5.8 and X10.5.9.

When I only had broken mac DVD readers, I used a tray-loaded one from an old HP laptop just for initial OS installation (which took forever), then the well-documented way for installing the two unsupported versions (which also took forever, I might have spent a full day for these three OSX installations, and none of them are really useable).
  • »28.01.24 - 13:21
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Making the new beta of the Chrysalis pack then i upload it.

Thanks to have a fresh installation of MorphOS 3.18 before install.

As it's a beta, thanks for your returns :-D

I will try to do a better installer (with progress bar) for the next time.

Normaly, all the software are updated (many updates from previous version).

Thanks to developers for all the updates.

One news of this new pack is the add of Easy2Install with a specific destination paths for each category.

Chrysalis.iso (beta) (871 Mb)
  • »29.01.24 - 17:12
    Profile Visit Website