ScoutNG for MorphOS 3.18
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Templario
    I got this Scout error message:
    "This Scout build is bound to MorphOS 3.17."
    Is there a new version for 3.18? and will be possible a Kill apps crashed, because I saw this in other systems, and it is perfect for some programs when they are freeze.
  • »27.07.23 - 13:51
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Quote:

Templario a écrit :
    Is there a new version for 3.18? and will be possible a Kill apps crashed, because I saw this in other systems, and it is perfect for some programs when they are freeze.

Maybe you have an old ScoutNG from MorphOS-Storage...(removed since)

There is ScoutNG named "Scout" in the Tools drawer.

You can kill an freezed app with "ikill".
  • »27.07.23 - 13:57
    Profile Visit Website
    Templario
    Thank you for the answers, I though that with the new installation this tool also was installed but uyes, there is a Scout, and I have two, I removed the NG version.
  • »27.07.23 - 16:17
    Templario
    Quote:

Papiosaur escribió:
    Quote:

Templario a écrit :

Maybe you have an old ScoutNG from MorphOS-Storage...(removed since)

There is ScoutNG named "Scout" in the Tools drawer.

You can kill an freezed app with "ikill".

well I tested iKIll and the result is bad, I tested with my project of V.A.M.P. and kill the window player but behind the player continues playing the video, in this case only I can hear the nusic of video although I don't see the imagen,
    MorphOS needs a good program and games kill as TaskManager under Linux, or Process Explorer under Windows.
  • »28.07.23 - 11:16
  • MorphOS Developer
    Piru
    @Templario

There is no way to kill a process safely. This is a technical limitation and no amount of software can fix this.
  • »28.07.23 - 12:28
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Only way to "kill" safely is trying to send a ctrl-c signal to a program, if it would make it to quit cleanly. This should work, for example, for Hollywood programs like your player.

You can do that from TaskManager by right-clicking the main process of a program and selecting "Break C". Or you can do that from the Shell too with Status/TaskList and Break commands.

But if a program has crashed/hanged, then there isn't a safe way to do anything, reboot is your friend. So, it's better to prefer well working programs or send bug reports to authors of broken programs.
  • »28.07.23 - 14:01
    Profile Visit Website
    Templario
    Quote:

Piru escribió:
    @Templario

There is no way to kill a process safely. This is a technical limitation and no amount of software can fix this.

Thank you for your explanation.
  • »29.07.23 - 10:37
    Templario
    Quote:

jPV escribió:
    But if a program has crashed/hanged, then there isn't a safe way to do anything, reboot is your friend. So, it's better to prefer well working programs or send bug reports to authors of broken programs.

Humm, this is more complicated when some authors don't want to hear about problems, only they want hear praises and that your software is perfect, because in some case he doesn't sell us the same software with bug fixes instead of free updates.
  • »29.07.23 - 10:41