Final Calc
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    matt3
    Does anyone have Final Calc running in MorphOS?

I can't seem to get it working...
  • »24.11.22 - 04:12
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ matt3 - It's a known issue with Final Calc - which seems to do with "Graphics Refresh" causing any mouse movement to freeze the system - See the following Morph-Zone thread LINK as members discuss programs that do work with MorphOS . 8-D

. . . or this LINK

This LINK highlights just the specific thread that lists the several 68k Amiga programs that are known to work stably under MorphOS, that also include TurboCalc v3.5, v4 and v5, and PageStream v4 and now PageStream for MorphOS as its native version 5.1.2. 8-D

I was going to mention this LINK but that one is what you discussed previously regarding accounting software. Mentioned in this link in case someone else wants to know more about the compatibility of accounting/spreadsheet software from the 68k Amiga era. 8-)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »24.11.22 - 06:11
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    matt3
    @NewSense

Thanks for that! Kinda figured there was an issue. I bought turbocalc years ago but it just isn't that great for modifying sheets. I saw a YT video that stated FC had some nice features, so I thought I would give it a try.

FYI, CheckItOut (The accounting software you referenced) works just fine in MorphOS. My old 2.3 PowerMac had memory controller issues. So good to go with that. Now try to find a robust spreadsheet... We shall see...

Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    @ matt3 - It's a known issue with Final Calc - which seems to do with "Graphics Refresh" causing any mouse movement to freeze the system - See the following Morph-Zone thread LINK as members discuss programs that do work with MorphOS . 8-D

. . . or this LINK

This LINK highlights just the specific thread that lists the several 68k Amiga programs that are known to work stably under MorphOS, that also include TurboCalc v3.5, v4 and v5, and PageStream v4 and now PageStream for MorphOS as its native version 5.1.2. 8-D

I was going to mention this LINK but that one is what you discussed previously regarding accounting software. Mentioned in this link in case someone else wants to know more about the compatibility of accounting/spreadsheet software from the 68k Amiga era. 8-)

• »24.11.22 - 06:37