Slow Audio Playback problems
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    MaSC
    Hi all
    When trying to play music or DVDs from any software on my PegII, the music seems to play half speed.

It sounds like a slow record player. Is there so kind of tempo setting in AHI, ambient settings etc?

I tried Aminet Radio and managed to get full speed by setting the slider below the volume setting to 170% (over 200% is required when I select 'Use AHI Unit` is selected in the ANR prefs). However, this only effects ANR.

I tried on the Beta list but got no response.

Thank-you
    Mark Cheetham
  • »18.01.04 - 15:40
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    does this also happens when you boot directly from the cd? maybe u mixed some drivers/settings or something.

http://www.christianrosentreter.com/cache/audio.png
  • »18.01.04 - 16:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    MaSC
    Yes it does happen when booted from the Morph CD

Edit- BTW thanks for going to the trouble of talking a screencap, I assumed you had simply linked to it, until I saw the date on your screen bar. Again cheers.
  • »18.01.04 - 16:30
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    MaSC
    Something I found in the AHI docs, seems more relevent to old amigas rather than Pegs, but hey I am desperate :-x

I hope it give someone some ideas

thank you
    -----------------------------
    Q. Eeek! The song is playing veeeeeeery sloooooooowlly...@{ub}

A. Make sure the pitch is set to 100%. If it is, then you have hit the Amiga sound DMA barrier. If you're running in a PAL/NTSC screen then you must either set the maximum AHI frequency to 28KHz or reduce the mpeg samplerate to 1:2. You could also try running a VGA screen such as DBLPal if you have a multican or VGA/SVGA monitor.

If you have a graphics card, you must set the env-variable AUDIO56KHZ to 1 (only later versions of CyberGraphX4) or run C:AddAudioModes DBLSCAN. See the AHI guide for more details.
  • »20.01.04 - 00:36
  • Just looking around
    raphy
  • »20.01.04 - 10:04