Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

white wrote:
    This system is spectacular compliments.
    I have tried various applications I am really happy with it
    I was not expecting something like this
    I can't add anything else it would be useless

I agree, and that's why we are using it instead of other (Amiga) systems ;)

Would be nice to hear how long you have known MorphOS before starting to experience with it? And what kind of impression/thought you did have before you tried it? Is there something "marketing department" should do differently or emphasize?

Quote:

I consider E-UAE an important part of the morphos system
    currently i edited the config file manually and everything works perfectly.
    But I would like to understand how the GUI works to work better with it
    is there a guide for this?

I rarely use E-UAE myself.. just occasional tests mainly, so can't help with this.

Quote:

What are the keyboard shortcuts for E-UAE?

Some E-UAE archives contain Docs directory, and keyboard shortcuts are explained in Docs/keyboard.txt (and use ctrl-left alt combination instead of the F12 key).

For example this archive contains the documentation:
    https://www.morphos-storage.net/?id=1532348

Quote:

also i can not in any way use the special characters i looked on google but all the suggestions seem not to work.
    The keyboard I use is Italian on the powerbook

Can you give an example which special character doesn't work and how you try to get it?

Quote:

Is there a software program for capturing videos on what happens on Morphos?

Screen Recorder can capture screen or part of it as a video while you're using the system, but video encoding is a heavy process, so it's mostly usable to record some area around the mouse or so. Fullscreen is too heavy for G4 and for that it'd be better to use external video capture devices.
  • »02.06.21 - 16:03
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    @All
    thanks for the replies
    now the shortcuts with e-uae work

@jPV
    i used morphos with qemu 3 years ago'
    to test the installation only

now it's two days that I finally use it after fixing the monitor :-)

the impression has always been excellent but it is difficult to find the ppc hardware in good condition
    morphos I have known it for many years but now that I am using it I would like to understand why it has not been supported in the amiga world I should support this system especially in the immediate future thinking about x64 because after this generation few people will use amiga.
    With great regret I think this system was supposed to replace all amiga systems but this was not done and I wonder why :-)

for the keyboard at the moment i solved with this by replacing the default one:
    https://www.morphos-storage.net/?id=1592027

as far as marketing is concerned, I believe that many amiga users do not know Morphos with its potential, for example there are few videos where you can really see what the system is able to do.
    They just know it but can't see what the system can do.

It would take a video on the official morphos site where you can see all the applications that Morphos is able to run from E-UAE because those who have used amiga in the past are also attracted simply by the demo-scene.
    And all other applications written for Morphos.

@All
    Thanks for all the suggestions I appreciate it very much.

Now I keep configuring Morphos because I like it a lot.
    :-)
  • »02.06.21 - 16:59
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I would like to understand why it has not been supported in the
    > amiga world […]. […] I think this system was supposed to replace
    > all amiga systems but this was not done and I wonder why :-)

The MorphOS team and Amiga Inc. couldn't come to terms with regard to MorphOS as the official AmigaOS, hence MorphOS continued to lack the name many AmigaOS 3.x users wanted the successor to bear.

> It would take a video on the official morphos site where you can
    > see all the applications that Morphos is able to run from E-UAE

Running UAE is nothing special. You can do this on all the mainstream systems, so I doubt this would be effective. More interesting for Amiga users of old is certainly the fact that MorphOS can run old system-friendly applications *without* UAE.
  • »02.06.21 - 18:51
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    @Andreas_Wolf
    Surely a video with all the applications running would be a nice presentation.
    I have seen videos on youtube that last even 2 hours but in the end you only see menus and windows and do not encourage you to use morphos as the main "amiga" system at least for me.
    I like to see the applications running video games browser and also E-UAE as it works well.

I tried the killing ground 2 3d I was very impressed with the speed of execution.
    Demo-scenes also work well
    why should i use "UAE" if it works well with morphos the JIT 1.0 version works well for demo-scenes
    E-UAE is a player to see old demo-scenes I use it this way.
    Cannot replace "winuae"
    But as a player it's perfect that way

if the hardware allows it and lasts (we hope :-)
    this is my main amiga system
    because I can do it all together

at the launch of the playstation 5 you don't only see the GUI menu but show the potential of the "games"

Also FPSE I will use it to see the PSX demos too I have yet to try it but I think it works fine.

I just have to configure everything but it's easy because the machine supports this software natively.

in short, I really like Morphos and I will push it as far as it goes :-)
    I got this G4 because I want a system that has to do everything in the "amigaos" landscape

and I hope to always find all the valuable advice from all users to guide me where I can't :-)
  • »02.06.21 - 19:28
    guruman
    Quote:

white wrote:
    also i can not in any way use the special characters i looked on google but all the suggestions seem not to work.
    The keyboard I use is Italian on the powerbook

Glad to read you enjoy the system and also glad to read you solved the problems with the Italian keymap in the meantime. The issue with the Italian keymap is well known and really long standing (almost 20 years now). At some point (years ago!!) I committed to providing the MorphOS team with a working Italian keymap, but then I never completed the task. Luckily during last Christmas Covid lookdown I finally spent a couple of evenings and then provided the result to the team, and hopefully the next release will include an half decent Italian keymap by default. In the meantime you can continue using Flash' one.

Kind regards,
    Andrea

[ Edited by guruman 03.06.2021 - 00:31 ]
  • »02.06.21 - 22:30
  • K-L
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    K-L
    Quote:

white a écrit :
    @Andreas_Wolf
    I have seen videos on youtube that last even 2 hours but in the end you only see menus and windows and do not encourage you to use morphos as the main "amiga" system at least for me.
    I like to see the applications running video games browser and also E-UAE as it works well.

When I switched from AmigaOS 4 to MorphOS, I started recording some videos (with texts in French but anyway, you can see what is happening on screen) :

https://video.amiga-ng.org/search?tagsOneOf=MorphOS

More are coming ;-)
    PowerMac G5 2,7 Ghz / Radeon 9650 / MorphOS 3.15
    AmigaOne X1000 (unused ATM)
  • »03.06.21 - 06:47
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    @K-L
    Thanks for the videos
    I try to read up and understand everything that morphos offers.
    I just arrived :-)
  • »03.06.21 - 15:35
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Puni
    Quote:

white wrote:
    @K-L
    Thanks for the videos
    I try to read up and understand everything that morphos offers.
    I just arrived :-)

Glad to see you're enjoying MorphOS! I've seen several of your videos in the past where you've managed to get AmigaOS 4.1 working great in emulation. :-) Hope to see some MorphOS videos from you in the future!

Since you are interested in the Demoscene, have you checked out the MorphOS demos from Encore? Those are very nice! :-)

Encore demos for MorphOS

We in Void made two music disks for MorphOS, which can be found here:

Feedback 8 by Void

Absolute Dølle 2 by Void

[ Edited by Puni 10.06.2021 - 16:38 ]
    Member of Void - An Amiga demo group (website)
  • »10.06.21 - 15:36
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    @Puni
    Thanks, for watching some of my videos
    Yes, I am very happy to use it.
    basically everything I couldn't do with the 4.1 emulated became a reality with Morphos.
    this is the system I expected when I used 3.1 classic everyday and still had Amiga many years ago.

I still have to understand a lot of things about Morphos but it's so easy to use because everything I try works :-)
    Although I will surely always need a lot of advice.
    With the G4 I found a 140 gigabyte hd when it was sold to me I intend to put all the amiga and morphos material in it.

I still have to fix a few things and later it is right to support those who develop this os by purchasing a key.

The backup was important to be able to edit everything I like.
    I solved it by formatting an external hd with SFS
    and then copying all four partitions with Dopus
    I tried to reset it and it works perfectly.

I would like to make the GUI much faster but I still haven't been able to.

I will definitely need some advice :-)

"The demo tests were the first things I tried together with E-UAE"

Morphos Rating 10 :-)
  • »10.06.21 - 19:06
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    @K-L
    What did you use for recording videos with morphos?
    Thank you.
  • »17.06.21 - 17:25
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Zetec-s
    Quote:

white wrote:
    Yes, I am very happy to use it.
    basically everything I couldn't do with the 4.1 emulated became a reality with Morphos.
    this is the system I expected when I used 3.1 classic everyday and still had Amiga many years ago.

I read the above and it is so similar to my experience.

Last year I bought an updated Amiga Forever and a AmigaOS 4.1FE licence and then got it all installed and was so unimpressed, it made me dig out my old Efika with MorphOS installed on it.

This then led to me getting a MacMini and installing 3.14 and finding that with OWB (and now the excellent Wayfarer) I could actually do the things I want to do on a MorphOS machine, like surf the web, watch YouTube, play some classic 3D games that had passed me by over the last 20 years.

Since then I've bought my Powerbook and managed to get a G5 and with the G5 it really does make me think I am just using a modern extension of my old PowerTower running OS3.1 back around 1999. I turn it on to have fun, not something I've done on a computer really since 1999.

What MorphOS allows us to do is use an Amiga like operating system in the year 2021 and I just hope that it can be taken forward onto more powerful modern hardware so that we can continue to use it day to day in years to come.
    PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5Ghz/2GB MorphOS 3.18 Registered
    Powerbook 1.67Ghz/1.5GB MorphOS 3.18 Registered
    MacMini 1.5Ghz/1GB MorphOS 3.18 Registered
    Efika 5200B 400Mhz/128MB MorphOS 2.3 Registered
  • »18.06.21 - 12:47
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    @Zetec-s
    I also started from AmigaForever :-)

I completely agree with you
    Morphos is exactly a modern system that revives the "amiga" machine of yesteryear but with all the modern options like a browser and many other things that only amiga users can understand.

@All
    In a few days I will receive a "DVI to HDMI" cable that I ordered
    the reason is that I would like to screen record the morphos system.
    I am not an expert in this but I hope it will work if it does not work patience.

the video card to capture videos is this:
    https://www.amazon.it/PTN-Acquisizione-Dispositivo-Registrazione-Videoconference/dp/B08MJ9VDQP

and the DVI to HDMI cable is this:
    https://www.amazon.it/Startech-com-HDMIDVIMM6-HDMI-Cable-DVI-D/dp/B0002GRUIC/ref=pd_sbs_15/257-5126051-9311634?pd_rd_w=oDMog&pf_rd_p=73021367-940ba- 3816378c8630 & pf_rd_r = 1V4T20931C0N0ZRP3TY9 & pd_rd_r = 24f4f9c1-1afd-44e5-b774-acca245b2a14 & pd_rd_wg = qscbAw & pd_rd_i = B0002GRUIC & pd_rd_i = B0002GRUIC & pd_rd_i = B0002GRUIC & pd_rd_i = B0002GRUIC

as i said i don't have much experience in this i hope i can somehow capture morphos videos via OBS.

Currently on pc it works fine.
    Any suggestion is always helpful.
    Thank you.
  • »19.06.21 - 11:02
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    tolkien
    I can only agree with the topic.
    MorphOS is spectacular!
    MorphOS: PowerMac G5 - PowerBook G4 - MacMini.
    Classic: Amiga 1200/060 - A500 PiStorm
  • »19.06.21 - 11:16