Bounty amount not updated
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    I donated to the GTK-MUI wrapper but the amount isnt updated. I see that the transfer has left my bank though.
  • »14.10.20 - 03:06
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    anyone...anyone... bueller...bueller...

Let that be a lesson for me.
  • »16.10.20 - 03:12
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    You should contact Andre about this.
  • »16.10.20 - 03:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • ASiegel
    @ TheMagicM

Please note that donations are processed entirely manually - by volunteers at the Amiga Club Hamburg, which has been operating the bounty system for the last decade.

The old bounty website does not have the required functionality to update the website automatically.

I am afraid there is no guarantee that your payment will show up within a specific time frame. I realize that this is not what you would like to hear. I fully understand. If you are unhappy with this, feel free to ask for a refund and perhaps consider donating to developers directly.
  • »16.10.20 - 10:07
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    polluks
    @ASiegel BTW
    I told Alb42 that he accidentally fulfilled the Spreadsheet Application bounty
    https://www.morphos-storage.net/?id=1531988
    But he didn't need the money... any suggestions?
    Pegasos II G4: MorphOS 3.9, Zalman M220W · iMac G5 12,1 17", MorphOS 3.18
    Power Mac G3: OSX 10.3 · PowerBook 5,8: OSX 10.5, MorphOS 3.18
  • »16.10.20 - 11:03
    Kronos
    Quote:

TheMagicM wrote:
    I donated to the GTK-MUI wrapper .......

Why would you do that?

That bounty has been on the book for a decade (wait for AW to tell us how long exactly) with no serious takers.

Back in the day I did some work based on the AROS version, but over time it became clear that the idea of "emulating" one very complex UI-toolkit with another less complex UI-toolkit to run super complex apps is totally flawed and would only result in broken bloatware.

Directly porting Gimp/GNUmeric/Abiword/... to MUI would the slightly less complex route, or one could go the simple route of porting GTK/GDK to use CGX as a framebuffer (similar to that Cycnix stuff, just without X11 in between).

1st is more work than anybody seems willing to do, 2nd is about as useful as VNC into an Linux-box just running those apps.

->Why would you do that?

EndRant(FAIL)
  • »16.10.20 - 16:10
  • ASiegel
    @ polluks

Again, Amiga Club Hamburg are in charge of the bounties. So, you would need to contact them about it.
  • »16.10.20 - 17:55
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote:

I am afraid there is no guarantee that your payment will show up within a specific time frame. I realize that this is not what you would like to hear. I fully understand. If you are unhappy with this, feel free to ask for a refund and perhaps consider donating to developers directly.

Based on your comment and Kronos:

I'll request a refund and then send to a different effort. Who do I ask for a refund? I sent an email to donations@morphzone.org and it bounced.

[ Edited by TheMagicM 16.10.2020 - 13:55 ]
  • »16.10.20 - 19:52
    Profile Visit Website
  • ASiegel
    @ TheMagicM

How about using Paypal?
  • »16.10.20 - 19:54
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote:
    @ TheMagicM

How about using Paypal?

Thats what I used to make a payment but I sent it without registering on paypal. NOW I have an account but that transaction isnt listed.

EDIT:
    Looks like it is making its way to Thorsten Mampel. Dunno who that is. Once that is complete, I'll find another effort to donate to.

[ Edited by TheMagicM 16.10.2020 - 14:02 ]
  • »16.10.20 - 20:00
    Profile Visit Website
    Kronos
    Quote:

TheMagicM wrote:
    Thorsten Mampel.

Thats the head for the Amiga Club Hamburg.
  • »16.10.20 - 21:39
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

TheMagicM schrieb:

I love that film.
    Sidenote: A few yers ago (4 or 5) I made the mistake to show that film to a class at school. They were rather bored by it and just didn't understand. I realized that this film is massively 80ies at its inner guts. It's absolutely not compatible to today's kids. Funnily enough I made the same mistake with another film: Mystery science theatre 3000. The only brillantly entertained person in class was me. Since then I just refuse the request to watch a film (poular request before summer break)...
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »16.10.20 - 22:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    Quote:

Zylesea wrote:
    Quote:

TheMagicM schrieb:

I love that film.
    Sidenote: A few yers ago (4 or 5) I made the mistake to show that film to a class at school. They were rather bored by it and just didn't understand.

LOL!! Some of the best movies were in that era.

Switching back to bounties etc... Devs should have various things like a donation to get them coffee etc. Also, what is a better bounty to send this to? I went to the Bounties link and if thats not the right place, then I'll just look at software I find useful like Wayfarer and use it on things like that.
  • »16.10.20 - 23:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    I guess Thorsten Mampel isnt going to reply to my Paypal refund request. If that is the case, why do we manage bounties on this site via an individual who does not reply to emails.

I guess I'll donate specifically to a developer next time and not anything thru the bounty system.
  • »21.10.20 - 17:02
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    Can we get rid of the bounty system on this site since its not managed consistently and we have no feedback from the people taking our money?
  • »31.10.20 - 20:41
    Profile Visit Website
  • ASiegel
    @TheMagicM

The bounty donations have been disabled for now due to a request by one of the organizers, which I received a week ago.

The organizers are aware of this discussion. Please note that the bounty system is handled by volunteers who have many other commitments, get ill, etc.
  • »31.10.20 - 20:47
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote:
    @TheMagicM

The bounty donations have been disabled for now due to a request by one of the organizers, which I received a week ago.

The organizers are aware of this discussion. Please note that the bounty system is handled by volunteers who have many other commitments, get ill, etc.

Are the "organizers" and "volunteers" the same individuals? While I understand various "committments" and "getting ill", it doesnt take but less than 5 minutes to address an email or refund an amount.

Makes the site/Bounty system seem very shady to where I wouldn't even consider donating in the future unless its to a developer who I can email beforehand to make sure my money goes direct to them and that they're active in the community.
  • »04.11.20 - 17:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • ASiegel
    @ TheMagicM

Quote:

Are the "organizers" and "volunteers" the same individuals?

Depends on your exact definition.

Quote:

Makes the site/Bounty system seem very shady to where I wouldn't even consider donating in the future

I am quite certain that you have been the first person who made a donation in a very, very long time.
  • »04.11.20 - 17:59
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote:
    @ TheMagicM

Quote:

Are the "organizers" and "volunteers" the same individuals?

Depends on your exact definition.

The person/entity who handles the donation I made are they the "organizers" and "volunteers" ?

Quote:

I am quite certain that you have been the first person who made a donation in a very, very long time.

Ok, then I'm glad the bounty system was shut down and it should have been done a long time ago. We need to revamp that. I dont care to to get the money back in my account, I want it to go to the Wayfarer effort. So if you or someone can make that happen, that would be awesome.

Thank you for the replies!
  • »05.11.20 - 01:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    Also..

By revamp, maybe there should be additional options. We all know the MorphOS Dev Team isnt making a living off of MorphOS. It has to be because they freakin like doing it. Very honorable. Maybe there should be other things that can be given, like send them a coffee at Starbucks or one of their sandwiches and a coffee etc etc.
  • »05.11.20 - 01:28
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    Piru
    In my personal opinion the best address for generic donations is charities of some kind, or donating to specific project directly, such as Iris or Wayfarer.
  • »05.11.20 - 03:50
  • Bounty Manager
    insane
    In November 2021 some of the members of the former Pegasosforum Bounty-Team met personally at the Amiga Meeting in Neumünster (Germany) to discuss what should happen with the donated money from the open bountys.

In this context we decided to consider the "Printing System" bounty to be fulfilled by zukow - even if this is now part of morphos.
    The donation amount was paid to Zukow.

Since there are still funds in the donation account, but the open bounties will probably never be fulfilled, we are now considering a reimbursement option. More on this shortly.

Regards

Insane
  • »04.01.22 - 13:15
    Profile Visit Website
    Templario
    The best option each developer has its own Paypal account.
  • »04.01.22 - 16:37
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    This was resolved. I then donated it to jacadcaps for Wayfarer.
  • »08.01.22 - 03:42
    Profile Visit Website
    tolkien
    Fully deserved, of course!
    MorphOS: PowerMac G5 - PowerBook G4 - MacMini.
    Classic: Amiga 1200/060 - A500 PiStorm
  • »08.01.22 - 10:43