Problem and question about an EFIKA 5200
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Amigaharry2
    You have read that?

http://www.google.at/url?q=http://powerpc.lukysoft.cz/en/TheEFIKABook_V1.5.pdf&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjIh8j07t7jAhXmQhUIHYdXBc0QFjABegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw1Z6clTXR0UEAlGu2rlCdjz

Does your HD spin up when power on? What happens exactly? Can EFIKA not load data from HD and stops then in OF?
    Can you see DirTree of HD in OF?

> ls hd:0 ---> returns content of 1. partition on HD

If yes, then you may have faulty data on your HD (right boot.img?). If no your HD isn't recognized.

You also may try to boot install.img via Network or USB.

boot USB-Stick: SFS-Partition with install.img on it. Insert stick before turning on power (otherwise EFIKA may not recognize the stick)
    in OF:
    > boot HD0:0 install.img

This will boot a minimal MOS-System and yo can check your internal HD.

Booting from Net: Setup a TFTP-Server on your PC or other MOS-Computer (http://aminet.net/comm/tcp/tftp-server.lha) and put install.img to the server-direktory and start server.
    in OF:

set bootprotocoll=dhcp
    boot eth:<servers IP-adress>, install.img

Will also boot a minimal MOS-System.

[ Editiert durch Amigaharry2 31.07.2019 - 11:44 ]
    1xPeg2, PowerMac G5, PowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T, A3000D and life is never boring.....
  • »31.07.19 - 10:37
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Korni
    Basically, for Efika you need an AGP card with universal AGP key (2 notches). The fastest one is Radeon 9800XT. However, fitting a full size one can be problematic if you only have the included riser. For low profile ones you can go for 9600, 9100.
    http://korni.ppa.pl/modkowypaczek/ | My Rifle, My Bunny, and Me
  • »31.07.19 - 14:19
    Profile Visit Website
    koszer
    As Efika draws about 20W max I doubt that the power brick is the reason (unless it's really weak), but the one you linked should be right (and with a great margin of spare power). What's the specification of your standard brick?

How about the power LED on PicoPSU? Does it turn off too?
  • »31.07.19 - 16:42
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Basically, for Efika you need an AGP card with universal AGP key (2 notches). The
    > fastest one is Radeon 9800XT. [...] For low profile ones you can go for 9600, 9100.

Potential issue with 9600 is that many universally keyed cards are 1.5V-only. Btw, he can also ignore the AGP riser and use a newer PCI card in the on-board 66 MHz PCI slot, like the HD4350 (as successfully tested in the 33 MHz PCI slot of the Pegasos II) or even HD5450, albeit with the known driver restrictions as of current MorphOS version.
  • »31.07.19 - 17:03
    KennyR
    Although hard drives generally only sit around 8-12 W, their startup surge could be considerably higher. Maybe it's tripping the over-current protection in the PicoPSU.

Edit: And it's also very possible that power brick only does 30 W rather than 60 W. The Chinese are known for...creative use of ratings.

[ Edited by KennyR 31.07.2019 - 17:54 ]
  • »31.07.19 - 17:52
    koszer
    From what I know the green light means PicoPSu is receiving the 12V from the brick.
    The red light means the PicoPSU is giving its output. So if it goes off then something's gone wrong.
  • »31.07.19 - 18:46
    koszer
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:
    Is possible to install a Radeon 9800XT (no low profil) with a Efika ?

Is there mini-box for this configuration ?

Everything is possible :) But in your case both PicoPSU and the Ethernet/USB connector will come in your way. Of course you could rise the card a bit, but I don't think that angling the connector is a good idea. You could use some plain PCI riser between the onboard PCI slot and the PCI to AGP riser instead. Like this one. Then you'd only have to find a Molex to supply your 9800 with current (probably your PicoPSU has one). Aaand a good power brick is a must. And a new case :) I believe a 5,25 inch external case wouldn't be high enough to hold such config. Also, you'd need to rethink the cooling of your gfx card (airflow). Quite a lot of things to care about.
  • »01.08.19 - 06:41
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:
    Hello all,

small questions about EFIKA :

- i have a problem with the alimentation of a EFIKA with a PicoPSU. The EFIKA start ant stop after the activation of the harddisk.

Any idea ?

- What is the best graphic card for the EFIKA please ?

Thanks for your answer!

Do you have the hdd installed directly on the Efika with the shortest possible IDE cable? I'm trying to remember what my Efika IDE connector looked like, but I know that it would not work with longer IDE cables for some reason, and the hdd had to be installed as close as possible to the IDE connector, or it would not work. You can search for forum threads regarding the IDE limitations of the Efika IDE controller, and should find some info about the problem.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »01.08.19 - 13:50
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Papiosaur
    Thanks amigadave for these information too! but the HD is connected directly

I have resolved the problem!

My EFIKA is into a EFIKAZ box from Tcheko and there are two push button on the front.

When i switch on the battery, it start the PicoPSU then the PicoPSU stop after the thart of the HD..

I have put on the push button on the left of the EFIKAZ and the hardware has restart!

Now, when i switch on the battery, the PicoPSU don't start directly and wait the press on the push button "Power".

The push button on the right is "Reset" i think.

MorphOS Rulez!!!!

[ Edité par Papiosaur 01.08.2019 - 16:03 ]
  • »01.08.19 - 14:57
    Profile Visit Website
    koszer
    So basically the solution for your problem was: "Press the Power button"? I wouldn't think of that :)
  • »01.08.19 - 15:42