Iris - An upcoming E-Mail client blog
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    @ Manfred

Haven't seen this myself and I've just tried what you described. Odd to say the least - especially since the attachments panel object gets re-created each time you display an email.

@ Papio

You mean there's no ASL requester when you hit the Download button?
  • »09.06.19 - 20:48
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Papiosaur
    Hi jacadcaps,

yes, sorry i have just understand when i click on the disk, i have a requester and when i click on the blue arrow (View) Iris save directly to Temp direcyory. In my case the file attachment file is a PDF file. It will be possible when i click to the view icon, Iris launch VPDF to show it for example ?

Thanks for your answer.
  • »09.06.19 - 22:09
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    The View button downloads the file to a tmp location and then sends an AREXX request to Ambient. Ambient should generally open the file - if you can open the PDF via doubleclick in Ambient, it should be opened via Arexx as well. Why it fails for some people is a mystery :)
  • »10.06.19 - 07:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    asrael22
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    @ Manfred

Haven't seen this myself and I've just tried what you described. Odd to say the least - especially since the attachments panel object gets re-created each time you display an email.

So, were you able to replicate?
    I remember I clicked on the disk symbol to download the attachment which triggered a file requester.

Shall I provide screenshots?

Manfred
  • »10.06.19 - 13:30
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Nope, couldn't get a repro. I'm currently busy with other (MorphOS) stuff and so any Iris updates will likely take a few more weeks.

Oh and the heat is making my brain melt :/
  • »11.06.19 - 06:33
    Profile Visit Website