Paladin of the Pegasos
Posts: 1371 from 2003/2/24
- I'm using DOpus Magellan II (original 68k 5.82) all the time when using MorphOS on my main daily setup (I launch all my programs from its Startmenus instead of Panels, I do all my filehandling and file browsing with it, I have my global hotkeys configured with it, I use it for FTP, etc). No stability issues at all when you know to avoid couple of things. Heavy use indeed.
- I also use ArtEffect 4 a lot for image manipulation, its magic wand and other options are good to tidy up scanned images and creating alpha transparent stuff for my coding projects etc. Practically all true color graphics I do is done with the combination of ArtEffect and Showgirls. Very stable, never crashed.
- I also use PPaint a lot for low color pixel exact graphics stuff. Stable if you avoid couple of things.
- All my photo galleries are made with fxPaint 2's fxAlbum function (I first process digital photos with Showgirls, and then create galleries with fxPaint). Small stability problems with fxAlbum, probably on real machines too. If you're going to re-create HTML-album with many different options, it's better to re-launch the program first, but I just usually select gallery settings from my saved themes, and no problem then.
- Now when I started Hollywood programming, I've been using CubicIDE (GoldED) a lot. It has great support for Hollywood projects. Rock solid.
- All my word processing is done with FinalWriter97. No issues in my use at least.
- ARexx is in heavy use in my system.
- BackUp to make my backups, UpdateCopy too. No stability issues. I guess these could be moved to MirrorCopy or so some day :)
- Occasionally some other small 68k tools like MP3TagEditor etc. Can generate some hits, so I'll reboot after the work is finished just in case.
Still using 68k software quite much...[ Edited by jPV 11.03.2017 - 11:21 ]