G5 E-UAE wont run adf as 1200/500 after installing rezz scri
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    I have a strange issue I cant seem to figure out. I have moved over the files from the bonus drawer in fabs e-uae and get the new context menu items to run in A500 and run in A1200 with E-uae but when I select one the system does nothing at all. I have the rexx libs in sys:libs like I should as well. This works fine on my powerbook, but not on my G5?? Am I missing something that needs to be done?

All the roms and worbench files are also in the correct places.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »09.03.17 - 14:24
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Acill wrote:
    I have a strange issue I cant seem to figure out. I have moved over the files from the bonus drawer in fabs e-uae and get the new context menu items to run in A500 and run in A1200 with E-uae but when I select one the system does nothing at all. I have the rexx libs in sys:libs like I should as well. This works fine on my powerbook, but not on my G5?? Am I missing something that needs to be done?

All the roms and worbench files are also in the correct places.

Probably a dumb response, but did you copy the proper Arexx library to the G5 (or is that no longer necessary? It has been so long since I set up a new MorphOS system, I can't remember if this step is still required, and seem to remember some discussion that a solution which would eliminate the need to copy the Arexx library from any AmigaOS3.1 to 3.9 installation media to a new MorphOS system).

I think I am loosing touch with the latest developments within MorphOS, as I only skim through these forums for info and don't spend much time putting any of it into practice, unless I run into a problem that requires more effort to resolve.

[ Edited by amigadave 09.03.2017 - 10:05 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »09.03.17 - 19:03
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >> I have the rexx libs in sys:libs like I should as well.

> did you copy the proper Arexx library to the G5

I think he did. At least that's what he wrote.

> or is that no longer necessary?

It is.

> I [...] seem to remember some discussion that a solution which would
    > eliminate the need to copy the Arexx library from any AmigaOS3.1 to 3.9
    > installation media to a new MorphOS system

If you mean this, it doesn't work with existing ARexx scripts. And the ARexx library based on Regina Rexx didn't come to fruition.
  • »09.03.17 - 21:08
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Strange, all this is done and verified. I have done it on my Powerbook with the same settings and its fine, but nothing works on my G5. Well the Run in UAE works, but it only launches the 3.1 install and will not run any apps you click and select run in UAE. The other two still do nothing.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »10.03.17 - 04:29
    Profile Visit Website
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > I [...] seem to remember some discussion that a solution which would
    > eliminate the need to copy the Arexx library from any AmigaOS3.1 to 3.9
    > installation media to a new MorphOS system

If you mean this, it doesn't work with existing ARexx scripts. And the ARexx library based on Regina Rexx didn't come to fruition.

Or maybe remembering RXCmd, which allows you to send ARexx commands to programs out-of-the-box without the mentioned library, but it doesn't work for full scripts.
  • »10.03.17 - 06:17
    Profile Visit Website