Bounty for MOS PUP & Mediator 3000/4000(D/T) possible?
  • Just looking around
    quenthal
    I was thinking that could support for Mediators used in big-box Amigas be a good idea? I've thought about this since MOS PUP was released and I've "harrassed" people in forums few times about this, previous being this @a.org.

Mediator 3000/4000(D/T) versions presumable doesn't suffer from the same problems that Mediators for 1200 do, which have been one of the main arguments for no compatibility with Mediators.

From my personal point of view the answer is naturally positive. There is quite a few A3000(T)/A4000(T) having Cyberstorm PPCs and Mediators and I'm sure they would be intrested in MorpOS-support if they knew it could be done and they could support that project somehow.

[ Edited by quenthal on 2006/9/5 12:53 ]

[ Edited by quenthal on 2006/9/5 13:00 ]
  • »05.09.06 - 13:53
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Jupp3
    Quote:

I'm sure they would be intrested in MorpOS-support if they knew it could be done and they could support that project somehow.

If interested, they can spend the money immediately to buy a Pegasos 2 (or if on tight budget, second hand Pegasos 1) - that way they will also get way more powerful system :-)

But seriously... If some people want to donate for something like that - why not.
  • »05.09.06 - 14:31
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    dandy
    You can count me in...
    If someone enjoys marching to military music I already despise him.

He got his brain accidently - the bone marrow in his back would have been sufficient for him!

(Albert Einstein)
  • »06.09.06 - 07:54
  • Just looking around
    dandy
    Quote:

Jupp3 wrote:
    Quote:

I'm sure they would be intrested in MorpOS-support if they knew it could be done and they could support that project somehow.

If interested, they can spend the money immediately to buy a Pegasos 2 (or if on tight budget, second hand Pegasos 1) - that way they will also get way more powerful system :-)

I'm perfectly aware that I can go and buy a Pegasos 2 or second hand Pegasos 1.

But my decision was and still is first to give the PPC-OS a try on my given hardware before I decide which hardware to buy for which OS.

In the beginning it was said that OS4 would come out for PPC equipped classic Amigas at first and on the MOS side it was similar.

Then plans got changed and the classic support of OS4 was postponed in favour of the A1 version.

Then there was no hw for the A1 version and so they wait with the release of the A1 version until new hw is perhaps available one day and with the release of the classic version they want to wait even longer.

Now we learned that there still is no installer and no native Mediator support in OS4 for the classics.

Now I'm in a situation where I can choose between the not available OS4 for classics and the MorphOS version for the classics.

Both don't have native Mediator support at the moment.

I tend to support that system in future which is the first to offer native Mediator support in the classic version.

Years ago I got betrayed when I gave 50 Euros to show my support for the "next gen Amiga system".

Now I would not mind to offer 50 Euros as an Bounty for Mediator support for Amiga 3/4000 in the classic version of MorphOS.

The team that is the first to offer native Mediator support is the one that wins me as an customer for the future.
    If someone enjoys marching to military music I already despise him.

He got his brain accidently - the bone marrow in his back would have been sufficient for him!

(Albert Einstein)
  • »06.09.06 - 08:23
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Crumb
    I have both Mediator4000Di and Prometheus and would like support for these cards too.
  • »06.09.06 - 11:38
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    quenthal
    Quote:

dandy wrote:
    Years ago I got betrayed when I gave 50 Euros to show my support for the "next gen Amiga system".

Now I would not mind to offer 50 Euros as an Bounty for Mediator support for Amiga 3/4000 in the classic version of MorphOS.

Same here!
  • »06.09.06 - 23:52
  • Just looking around
    nujack
    I have only a classic A4000/PPC with mediator and I`m also interested in MOS/PU. Please support classic-Amiga-hardware. I spent 20EUR for Development of PermediaDrivers without any success at the moment. But I would do the same, if someone could implement Mediator-Support into MorphOS. Maybe a dream come true. Let`s hope.

Bye

nujack
  • »08.09.06 - 14:46
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    JohnFante
    Great idea. Have my full support.
  • »09.09.06 - 16:12
  • Ex-Member
    > I have both Mediator4000Di and Prometheus and would like support for these cards too.

Are you sure that the Prometheus is not supported under MorphOS PUP? I know for certain that support-code exists. Other than that it has some firmware problems concerning DMA'ing cards, it should at least detected the cards that don't need DMA, like those that usually work in the classic Amiga aswell...
    Bye...
    Chris Hodges
  • »10.09.06 - 18:54