What sort of errors or bugs do you have?
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MorphDelf
    I have to admit it. MorphOS is one of the best OS's out there. But it is in its early stages of life and it would be nice for the MorphOS team to know what sort of errors and bugs people gets etc and/or what freezes MorphOS?

For me, my MorphOS freezes most of the times, when its connected tougether with a PC in a LAN. I have a switch between my PegasosII and PC. It actually works, but there is also 2 other PC's in this house connected to the net.

Oki, here it goes:

- MorphOS freezes when playing music and mp3s or any thing which have to do with AHI. And this happends with aminetplayer, amigaamp, songplayer, mplayer+++

- My MorphOS freezes a lot more, if my Miami is not Connected to the net, and my PC or the other PC's in the house is on. The crashes only stops when I unplugg the TP cable or if I logon my Miami, MorphOS actually lives 3 or 4 hours more if I am listening to music or watching a movie with mplayer.

- At AmigaExpo 2004 in Trondheim. I let someone play and have fun with my MorphOS. He changed the right click menu settings. But in somehow, when he did that, the right click menus stopped to work. Is there a workarround here? What sort of files controls the upper part of Ambient? I re-installed morphos in 5mins on AmigaExpo2004, but is there another way to do it?

For me, it seems that Miami dosent like PC's for somehow.

Maybe you have a good explenation for all these crashes? Maybe bad RAM, bad HD?

And yes. SFS at sometimes reports that my blocks on my partitions isn't right,.. Tha partitions is then only half full of files etc. Any reasons for this?

Well, does anyone else here experience freezes in morphos? And tell when and how. This is a good learning. For both me and other users of MorphOS.
    I have to admit, that I dont know MorphOS too much and I would learn lots of getting info out on how I can reduse the freezes.

Regards,
    Michal, which really loves MorphOS!!! :)
  • »17.10.04 - 15:39
    Profile Visit Website
  • jah
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    jah
    the first thing you should do is buying a serial cable, so you will be
    able to see the exact name of software which is freezing morphos

then if you notice that miami crash too much with your network,
    maybe you could try another tcp stack

[ Edited by jah on 2004/10/17 16:41 ]
  • »17.10.04 - 16:41
    Profile Visit Website
    hooligan
    >MorphOS freezes when playing music and mp3s or any thing which have to do with AHI. And this happends with aminetplayer, amigaamp, songplayer, mplayer+++

Not here.

>My MorphOS freezes a lot more, if my Miami is not Connected to the net, and my PC or the other PC's in the house is on. The crashes only stops when I unplugg the TP cable or if I logon my Miami, MorphOS actually lives 3 or 4 hours more if I am listening to music or watching a movie with mplayer.

After I stopped using the integrated network card and switched to Realtek, I have had no problems. Strange though as some people say it works just fine.

>And yes. SFS at sometimes reports that my blocks on my partitions isn't right,.. Tha partitions is then only half full of files etc. Any reasons for this?

Happened to me too. Now I use PFS3.
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »17.10.04 - 17:17
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    marcik
    I don't suffer from any of these bugs. AHI works ok, I watch movies with mplayer, listen to music in ANR, use built-in network cart with MiamiDx, and all my partitions are SFS (except a boot one, and the linux one ;-)). I suggest looking into debug output to see what's really going on with your system.
  • »17.10.04 - 17:59
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Phantom
    Well it's good to say what version of MorphOS you have. I have 1.4.3 and I must say that everything is ok, except when i play mp3 files it crashes, but not so often.
    8-)
  • »18.10.04 - 00:07
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MorphDelf
    I would like to know what sort of problems you have and maybe how I could fix my problems here.

I dont get any info from you guys saying everything is oki. Because my MorphOS is crashing lots of times.

I would like to know if there is some Pegasos motherboards which is faulty or not maybe?

Any help please?
  • »18.10.04 - 00:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    ChatDEau
    @MorphDelf

What MOS version you got? 1.3? 1.4? 1.4.2?

Fred
  • »18.10.04 - 01:06
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Quote:

Phantom206 wrote:
    Well it's good to say what version of MorphOS you have. I have 1.4.3 and I must say that everything is ok, except when i play mp3 files it crashes, but not so often.
    8-)

MorphOS 1.4.3? I only know 1.4.2
  • »18.10.04 - 03:56
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    marcik
    @MorphDelf

I really suggest turning on debuging. Becasue without it it's very hard to tell what's a source of your problems (IMO it's some program, that is trashing your memory, but I can only guess).
  • »18.10.04 - 08:10
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    When i have several pages in console window and after switching them and using scrollbar history can be trashed.

May be team MOS should set up bug tracker?
    iPod, iBook, iMac,... iRobot?
  • »18.10.04 - 08:53
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    ChatDEau
    Here's a *bug* if we can call it a bug.

I just noticed that if caps-lock is ON, the Left-Amiga+m (for multitasking) doesn't work.

IIRC, it was wroking with my Amiga.

Fred
  • »18.10.04 - 09:09
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    ChatDEau
    @MorphDelf

As far as I'm concerned, almost, if not all, of those problems were fixed with MorphOS 1.4.2.

Also, I suggest you get latest version of AHI beta HERE (Download directory).

Oh, and for the Devs:Networks/via_rhinepci.device
    file, stick to this version:
    via_rhinepci.device 50.10 (2003-08-05)
    © 2002-2003 by Vision Factory Development
    [file size = 25120 bytes]

For me at least, it is much less buggy.

Also, if you have access to Beta2, get latest updates.

Hope this helps!
    Fred
  • »18.10.04 - 09:31
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MorphDelf
    Well, thanks for more info!!!

Well, my MorphOS crashes randomly. I dont even need to go on-line or whatever, and run mplayer or ANR.. and it suddendly freezes.

I've tried lots of different methods for fixing this. Newest AHI, MorphOS v1.4.2 which I think I have (how do I find out that it is 1.4.2 and not 1.4.3 or whatever?), I've changed membricks.. but not changed mem producer. Have only tried out TwinMOS bricks. Maybe this is the reason?

Also, my MorphOS runs on ATI Radeon 9200SE, maybe thats the reason for all crashes?

Someone have noticed me that it is my Soundblaster card which is the reason for the crashes, as the adress is allways same they say. But this also happened with my internal sound. That was my reason for getting a Soundblaster, to see if it was the internal sound that made this freezes.

99% of the time when it freezes, I've been using mp3 programs or mplayer or anything using AHI.

Maybe there is brakedown between my AGP slot and the motherboard somewhere? Any ideas?

Regards,
    Michal
  • »18.10.04 - 14:48
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    ChatDEau
    @MorphDelf

Oh, and I also forgot to mention that I never use the Secondary IDE Channel with my Pegasos I.

When I did, I was always having more freezing problems.

Anyway, IMHO you don't need Secondary IDE Channel for "normal" desktop use. In my case, I have a 120GB HD & CD/DVD Writer on the Primary IDE Channel and that is quite enough.

In SCSIConfig, for each of your HD paritions, make sure you specify 0xfffffffe as Mask.

Hope it helps ;)
    Fred
  • »18.10.04 - 20:17
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MorphDelf
    My problem from the beginning, is that MorphOS didn't want to start if I had both cd-rom and HD on the very same IDE channel.

So now, its as follow:

ide.device -> Board 0 Unit 0 Lun 0 : SAMSUNG SP1213N
    ide.device -> Board 0 Unit 2 Lun 0 : CD-RW GCE-8480B 1.03

If its different, MorphOS wont boot from the CD, or it dosen't find my HD or partitions etc.
  • »18.10.04 - 21:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    ChatDEau
    @MorphDelf

I had that problem too, until I plug it this way:

HD -> Master -> At the END of the 80-pin cable.
    CD -> Slave -> In MIDDLE of the 80-pin cable.

Did you try that?

Fred

[EDIT]
    OH, and BTW, Radeon 9200SE is not a problem, that's what I have as well as few other people too. See here.
    [/EDIT]

[ Edited by ChatDEau on 2004/10/18 17:03 ]
  • »18.10.04 - 21:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Quote:

ChatDEau wrote:

Anyway, IMHO you don't need Secondary IDE Channel for "normal" desktop use. In my case, I have a 120GB HD & CD/DVD Writer on the Primary IDE Channel and that is quite enough.

Hey, why??? My Pegasos' IDE interface is full. Main HDD + ZIP250 + CD + Mobile rack. Probably soon i'll get CDRW, i think i'll have to put MobileRack outside and replace it with USB box.
    iPod, iBook, iMac,... iRobot?
  • »19.10.04 - 08:00
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MorphDelf
    If that is set, I get
    "error: error while trying to load or boot"

Even if I want to load from the CD:
    boot /pci/ide/cdrom boot.img

I get.
    error: error while trying to load or boot