New Modern Webkit-based Browser In Development
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    As WebKitGTK 2.44.0 just dropped, I've already started work on Wayfarer 8. Will likely be a couple of weeks.
  • »21.03.24 - 13:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    matt3
    Wow, this version seems faster, very noticable.

Thanks Jacek!

[ Edited by matt3 22.03.2024 - 02:18 ]
  • »22.03.24 - 08:16
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Version 7.8 is out:

- Fixed a regression in OpenURL support
    - Improved handling of Open File and OpenURL to allow loading of files with non-ascii characters
  • »23.03.24 - 01:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Anyone managed to login to Discogs - as I am unable to login to the site using Wayfarer v7.x, including v7.8

Having said that v7.8 does seem to work stably, so far, and as usual it is no surprise that you are working so hard on Wayfarer to keep it as up to date as possible. I feel another donation is imminent. 8-D

@ jacadcaps - If I come across other sites that I cannot access is it worth mentioning them here, and is there a "Master List" of sites you know are not accessible using Wayfarer - apart from Cloudflare sites that are intercepted by that service which are just not possible to access currently - unless Cloudflare at some point in time allows Wayfarer to access sites that it protects.
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote: - Improved handling of Open File and OpenURL to allow loading of files with non-ASCII characters
    Does this update relate to better file handling in relation to files opened from RAM:? :-?
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »23.03.24 - 06:35
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    @NewSense

Does Discogs login work with 5.x or 6.x then? Did you try logging in via Google, Apple or Facebook services?

Quote:

is there a "Master List" of sites you know are not accessible using Wayfarer

I don't know of one and I'm not keeping one myself. I don't believe it makes sense since websites change all the time AND the Cloudflare issue is a setting web admins may toggle on or off at whim.

Quote:

Does this update relate to better file handling in relation to files opened from RAM:

These should work fine, yes.
  • »23.03.24 - 16:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:Does Discogs login work with 5.x or 6.x then? Did you try logging in via Google, Apple or Facebook services?
    No idea, I only just saw something I was interested in, so I created a login profile, which it accepted, but won't allow me to login (get past that initial page) ... but regards Google, etc. - No I haven't as I am one of those rare folk that really don't like using Google, (even worse) Apple, and (never) facebook!
    Quote:

NewSense wrote: is there a "Master List" of sites you know are not accessible using Wayfarer
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote: I don't know of one and I'm not keeping one myself. I don't believe it makes sense since websites change all the time AND the Cloudflare issue is a setting web admins may toggle on or off at whim.
    Fair point about Cloudflare and websites that use its services, but I thought you might have had some sort of information on reports of sites not working with Wayfarer that are known issues. Discogs certainly seems to be one of them. I'll try my Windows system (reluctantly) and see if that bypasses the issue with Wayfarer, and update this thread when I know more. ;-)
    Quote:

NewSense wrote: Does this update relate to better file handling in relation to files opened from RAM:
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:These should work fine, yes.
    OK, and thanks for all your hard work, and Piru, and anyone else assisting you as well. 8-)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »24.03.24 - 03:02
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ analogkid - which User Agent are you using?

Though I wouldn't be logging in via facebook anyway, but the User Agent might be what's blocking me, you never know ... until you know. ;-)
  • »24.03.24 - 10:23
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I was accessing a website earlier today Microzeit - a retro site that sells literature and noticed that the page loaded with part of a page of an issue of Amiga World magazine cover image.

However, when I tried to move down the page the image did not move, but that the thumbnail that is displayed over the tab showed that the window imagery was changed and now showed that there was a different view of the page that was not displayed in the browser window of Wayfarer.

No matter if I used the mouse in the scrollbars, the keyboard's page up/page down keys or the Home or End keys to display the page in different views the image remained static, just the original image was displayed.

However, if I resized the window of Wayfarer from the bottom gadget it almost immediately redrew the webpage image to what was shown in the thumbnail over the tab. 8-D

Has anyone else come across this issue, what is causing it, and is it a known issue that is being, or can be fixed, ideally fairly quickly? :-?
  • »26.03.24 - 03:16
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    analogkid
    Quote:

NewSense schrieb:
    @ analogkid - which User Agent are you using?

I'm using Safari as user agent.
  • »26.03.24 - 04:35
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ analogkid - I also used Safari as the User Agent initially, though I did try others. So it's possible that the site won't recognise Wayfarer's User Agent method as a valid means of accepting the login details, whereas accessing it via a 3rd party seems to bypass the issue of a login directly on the website. :-?

I will try my Windows system (reluctantly) to login to Discogs, and update the thread accordingly. ;-)

[UPDATE] - I tried to login using my Windows system but even that is not allowing me access to that site, so I have sent an email to their support and I'll have to wait for their response to find out what happens next! :-?
  • »26.03.24 - 06:54
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DanicaTalos
    @jacadcaps

Is there a way to display a start button for the start page in the Wayfarer bar (like in Safari and Firefox)?
    iBook G4 - 14" -1,42 GHz - 32MB VRAM - 1,5GB RAM - 60GB mSata - MorphOS 3.18
  • »29.03.24 - 10:14
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    SkulleateR
    Ok, since I am on Wayfarer 7.8 (maybe 7.7 too, haven´t checked then) I cannot access http://archive.org . All I get is a white screen and it doesn't matter which User Agent I am using ! Can anyone confirm ?

[ Editiert durch SkulleateR 29.03.2024 - 21:35 ]
  • »29.03.24 - 21:34
  • ghh
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    ghh
    @SkulleateR Try https://archive.org
    And yes I have white page with http://
  • »29.03.24 - 22:02
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    SkulleateR
    Quote:

ghh schrieb:
    @SkulleateR Try https://archive.org
    And yes I have white page with http://

Woa, thx and sorry for that, seems I have messed up my Bookmarks (I'm sure I've put the HTTPS in there) ... never mind ;-)

[ Editiert durch SkulleateR 29.03.2024 - 22:14 ]
  • »29.03.24 - 22:14
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Update - regarding Comment thread #1530 - Discogs - unable to login via their site's identification system but ... they have stated that their security ID system generated an error, which they said was to blame, but even now I cannot login, so I am still having to wait and see if this website can be used directly to login with Wayfarer. I am in contact with their support desk, but it is not so inspiring at the moment! :-(

If I manage to get past the login screen (legitimately) then I will update this thread. Just in case anyone is interested. ;-)
  • »30.03.24 - 07:00
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Primax
    I do very appreciate the ongoing development of Wayfarer! Thanks a lot Jacek!

For me, the features the browser offers, are completely sufficient and great. I actually would like to see some (more) improvement and focus on performance and speed, if possible.

For example, I opened this last blog entry from Michal Schulz on Patreon:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/packet-radio-101281472

My AmigaOne X5000 took 90 (!) seconds to load this page. So long, I could not do anything. Is this such a crapy website?
    GitHub pages are not even better...

Thanks!
    AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon X1650 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
    Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / 128 MB RAM / AmigaOS 3.9
  • »30.03.24 - 21:33
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Wayfarer's (v7.8), and yes I also tried earlier versions, capability to cope with reCAPTCHA seems to be having a problem at the moment, well it is at least with this website - manualslib dot com, when I tried to download the Imation Superdisk LS-120 manual.

I tried several ways, using a different User Agent than Safari, which I find is usually the overall most supported across networks and websites web-browser identifier. I also deleted all my cookies, as at some point the reCAPTCHA tick/checkmark box would either not even display or just continued to show the 'busy rotating arc/circle/hoop'.

Initially Wayfarer just would not get to the picture collage, though OWB got to it straight away, but then couldn't get past that as the clicks on the images were not recognised by the response of me with OWB to the website, so I was stuck at that point with OWB.

When I did eventually get to the picture collage, and it required a reboot to get that far, as it seems that no matter how many times Wayfarer quits it still leaves some trace of itself in memory ... somewhere ... at least that's what it seems due to this persisting until a reboot has been carried out! Anyway, after a reboot I was able, almost immediately, with no cookies, or remnants of Wayfarer in memory it managed to get to the picture collage, and allowed me to 'check' (tick) the required images/pictures, but once that was complete and I was past the reCAPTCHA then Wayfarer's click on the "Get Manual" button was not recognised and so all that messing about was a waste of time! :-(

Anyone else visited this site and have any suggestions or a similar experience? :-?

I know Wayfarer v8 is being worked on, but I had not actually expected to encounter this reCAPTCHA issue with this well known site seeing as such a lot of work has been done by Jacadcaps and Piru of recent, as it's not like development with Wayfarer is standing still - big thanks to their regular hard work. 8-D

I also noticed that sometimes, and it is quite infrequently, that a 'dash' (hyphen) appears towards the centre of the title bar of Wayfarer's window (GUI) (not the very top menu bar) and pulses on/off for a short while, as though some errant code has almost slipped out of the GUI and could get up to some mischief, but then it seems to go dormant again - anyone noticed that as well? :-?

I've still not heard back from Discogs - logging in issue, which relates back to Comment #1530 in this thread (above), but when I do I will endeavour to update this thread accordingly

Also, Manualzz dot com has now gone Cloudflare so we MorphOS users using Wayfarer cannot use that site either it seems. :-(
  • »31.03.24 - 09:29
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    In relation to Microzeit dot com - that I reported at Comment #1535 the same behaviour also happens on PayPal [dot] com / signin because in order to try to use Wayfarer with Discogs I deleted my cookies, so when I went to login at PayPal it asked me for my login name-email but once the page had loaded nothing seemed to work, and no text appeared in the top text input requester for my login name details, and nothing seemed to happen when the other gadgets/buttons were clicked on.

. . . Then . . . I remembered the issue with Microzeit and decided to just move the rezise gadget, ever so slightly, at the bottom right corner of the browser page, and Hey Presto, that revealed the same issue as Microzeit . . .

Wayfarer is seemingly just not refreshing the browser page on PayPal in the same way as it fails to do so with Mircozeit. As what I had typed was actually in the text input frame but was not shown in the browser without this 'manual page refresh'.

Not even a forced refresh using Cmd+r/R made any difference to what was in view.

It takes a manual mouse/cursor moving of that resize gadget to refresh the page to make these details visible, and only up to what had been typed, as no sooner had the manual refresh with the window resize gadget been done the page was "frozen" once again, at the moment the refresh was completed. So, if you'd only typed part of your username or email, then that's all you'll still see, and it takes a "blind" type of whatever else is needed to be typed into that field to complete it, and then another refresh for the window to be active for you to input those details with the return / enter key or a click on the input button - IIRC. 8-D

I hope this issue gets fixed quickly, or incorporated in v8 of Wayfarer, also as soon as possible. ;-)

[UPDATE] - regarding the Discogs - logging in issue - that relates to Discogs Thread #1531 here on Morph-Zone. I heard back from their support team, and after a couple of back-and-forth messages, I actually managed to login as normal, using Wayfarer v7.8, and got to look around, so accessing the site with Wayfarer v7.8 is possible. :-D

I then found some item I was interested in, but then comes the next problem reCAPTCHA - Oh yes, it's the same problem as before a constant rotating half-circle/arc with no sign of the puzzle square appearing, that's what occurs when you've used Wayfarer for a while and not quit and restarted it.

However, once it's been quit and restarted it allows the reCAPTCHA PUZZLE-IMAGE Square to load, and you can click, and "check" the squares as required, and after a short while the puzzles are solved and the reCPATCHA mechanism allows you to continue ...

BUT THEN ... comes into view some dark foreboding gloomy Cloudflare so there is then no way to complete it, so no way to send a message. :-(

Currently with Wayfarer I think Discogs is a NO-GO for us, due to Cloudflare

Using Wayfarer for a while seems to 'clog-up' (upset the stability) of some of the internal code of Wayfarer, probably JavaScript, from working correctly to manage the reCAPTCHA engine, but a quit and restart seems to settle it all back to work OK again, but Cloudflare is a completely different problem, that is currently unsurpassable! :-(
  • »02.04.24 - 06:41
  • man
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    man
    i have some problems with rares videos on youtube.
    I don't know if others peoples have theses problems that the videos are slow
    i can put some example if you want
    thanks
    thanks for jacadcaps too
  • »07.04.24 - 18:07
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    If a video is slow, it's likely loaded in too high resolution for your machine. Simply pick a lower res from Youtube's menu. I'd recommend 480p for most G4 machines. 1.67GHz PowerBooks should be able to do 720p. G5 machines should be able to play 1080p. Do NOT enable VP8 or HVC - these need a lot more CPU than H264.

[ Edited by jacadcaps 08.04.2024 - 15:30 ]
  • »08.04.24 - 14:24
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    With regard to Wayfarer's (v7.7 & v7.8) issue (seemingly) with reCAPTCHA, if you have to use the reCAPTCHA protocol/utility/challenge more than twice, then Wayfarer seems to indicate that it's "had enough of that" and just offers the initial stage of reCAPTCHA - the "revolving blue arc" and you get nowhere further to completing the challenge. So, you have to reboot if you want to try again, which seems annoying and weird! :-?

Also, if I use v7.5 of Wayfarer then I can resend/complete the reCAPTCHA challenge numerous times without the issue/behaviour that v7.7 and v7.8 seem to exhibit - preventing the challenge from being completed. So, it does seem to be isolated to these last 2 versions of Wayfarer with regard to reCAPTCHA, from my use of the various versions of Wayfarer I have tested so far.
  • »09.04.24 - 11:07