New Modern Webkit-based Browser In Development
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Sure. Wayfarer 2.10 is now also on wayfarer.icu. There is NO NEED to download it after updating to MorphOS 3.16 since it's exactly the same binary.

I'm mostly posting here for bookkeeping:

- Tabs may now be sorted / moved between the windows with drag & drop
    - Updated notifications to use magicbeacon.library
    - Improved handling of errors and clicking on downloadable URLs
    - Fixed I/O error handling in downloads
    - Added additional sanitization to download file names and download prefix
    - Fixed Downloading files to folders containing non-ASCII characters

Also, since ICU is now part of the OS distribution, you can all safely delete the ICU directory inside Wayfarer installation.

[ Edited by jacadcaps 09.03.2022 - 17:12 ]
  • »09.03.22 - 16:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    ernsteiswuerfel
    Got a question about Wayfarer performance & video playback:

Does it make a difference whether I use a "With 2D graphics acceleration & hardware overlay"-card, e.g. a Radeon HD2600 or a "With 3D hardware acceleration"-card, e.g. Radeon X1600? Besides memory bandwith of course.
    Talos II. [Gentoo Linux] | PMac G5 11,2. PMac G4 3,6. PBook G4 5,8. [MorphOS 3.18 / Gentoo Linux] | Vampire V4 SA [ApolloOS / Amiga OS 3.2.2]
  • »09.03.22 - 17:13
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Got a question about Wayfarer performance & video playback: Does it
    > make a difference whether I use a "With 2D graphics acceleration &
    > hardware overlay"-card
    […] or a "With 3D hardware acceleration"-card […]?

3D acceleration isn't used for video playback but implies 2D acceleration and overlay, so no.
  • »09.03.22 - 18:39
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    cip060
    Congratulations to everyone for the work done
    I wanted to understand why the old OWB not updated for years is still the pious FAST in navigation and scrolling of the WEB pages (same web pages visited)
    I have a 20 inch imac G5 isight
  • »10.03.22 - 15:04
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Templario
    Quote:

cip060 escribió:
    Congratulations to everyone for the work done
    I wanted to understand why the old OWB not updated for years is still the pious FAST in navigation and scrolling of the WEB pages (same web pages visited)
    I have a 20 inch imac G5 isight

Good question, because for some web sites the OWB still runs fine, for others the Wayfarer is the best option, but the problem is for those Macs that can't update with extra memory for problems to be old machines with its age problems.
  • »10.03.22 - 15:51
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    cip060
    Honestly, I haven't found any sites I usually go to that don't work using OWB
    especially the amiga and morphos ones
    The download speed of OWB is in any case better USE the fiber
  • »10.03.22 - 17:38
  • MorphOS Developer
    Piru
    It's not like the browser would implode even if it was removed from MorphOS distribution. If Odyssey continues to work for you of course you can still use it. But eventually more and more sites will fail to work with it.

I know people who browse the web with IBrowse. Apparently even that works to some degree. They say it's super fast, too!

In all seriousness, Wayfarer is the way forward.
  • »10.03.22 - 17:51
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I've just installed v3.16 as an update, and now find that in Wayfarer my Quick Links, and the MUI embedded menu have shrunk, so that where it should have "Wayfarer | Edit | Bookmark | Tab | Debug | Settings" it now has "Wayfar | Edi | Vie | Bookmark | Tab | Debu| Settin", and where I have 18 Quick Links that used to fit the width of the screen nicely, as-in just fit, I now have a 2cm gap at the right hand edge and some of the letters on most of the quick link buttons have lost 1 or more letters and there doesn't seem to be a way to re-instate them for the moment. :-(

Has anyone else noticed this issue, &/or know a way to fix it? :-?

This issue also affects my v3.15 Wayfarer v2.9 installation, so it has to be something that has been caused by installing v3.16 it seems. :-?
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »11.03.22 - 05:29
  • MorphOS Developer
    geit
    Do you use Bold or Italics? For the naming?

Text length calculation was broken before, got fixed and now needs a little more screen space as it could before render out of the mui text area.

Also check the font and size used. As always a screenshot would be nice, as "cm" values are not really helping.
  • »11.03.22 - 10:21
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Easy way to fix: remove styling in MUI Settings > Menus > Popup Menus. We'll see that this gets fixed for 3.17.
  • »11.03.22 - 13:16
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

geit wrote: Do you use Bold or Italics? For the naming? Text length calculation was broken before, got fixed and now needs a little more screen space as it could before render out of the mui text area.

If it's fixed now . . . why is it still broken? I didn't change anything from my previous setup which worked correctly, but now doesn't, so it seems to me to be something that has been "tweaked" to a state of being broken. :-)

I do use Bold text in my menus but changing it doesn't make any difference, and I want to use Bold text anyway.
    Quote:

geit wrote: Also check the font and size used.

I don't want to use a smaller font as that's not easy enough to read, so what has been changed, needs to be fixed, so it's not still broken. :-D
    Quote:

geit wrote: As always a screenshot would be nice, as "cm" values are not really helping.

If I could upload a screenshot directly to the forum rather than have to pass the screenshot as a hosted image linked from another website/URL then I would do so, but as this is not directly possible then I won't/can't. So, cms are all I can offer at this time.

In any case I thought my explanation of the shortened spelling of the intended menu wording would be sufficient to work out that something is wrong with v3.16, as it worked OK with v3.15, and all previous versions since I became a registered user, about 9 years ago? :-)
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote: Easy way to fix: remove styling in MUI Settings > Menus > Popup Menus. We'll see that this gets fixed for 3.17.

I was already on Popup Menus and changing the font from Bold in both the click button to change it to Plain/Bold/3D, and changing the font in the requester options from the Bold option makes no difference, unless I need to do a reboot to see that change then function as you state it should? :-?

It even affects BubbleHelp, so where it should state "Empty" for an empty tab it states "Empt", and for right context menus it affects that as well, so instead of "Select All" it displays "Select A". :-(

If I add an extra letter onto the end of a Quick-Link name it adds the letter back on, so if I have normally (pre-v3.16) had "MOS Zone" it now displays "MOZ Zon", but adding the extra letter "MOS Zonee" it displays what it should, and the same applies to virtually all my Quick Links, but it does run out of space for the letters to be able to squeeze all the text/names into the one line, so I cannot add letters onto all the Quick-Link names, some are still shown minus at least 1 letter that should be on their name(s).

Having said all this, this seems to be a mistake by the team, and not by me as a user. I am not overly concerned by it, as it's only a minor/irritating issue, but it seems to have got broken as the Dev. Team were trying/intended to have fixed it. 8-)

So, I'll wait patiently for v3.17 to come around to hopefully fix this issue. 8-D

Additionally: images in some ebay message are being displayed stretched in the vertical axis/aspect (10x approx.) their intended aspect, the width/horizontal aspect is correct so they virtually fill the left side length/margin of the whole message page for the reply containment area, which seems to be something that ebay have tweaked, possibly/probably due to changes in the JavaScript handling of images, as I am not aware of any other factor that affects it? :-?
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »12.03.22 - 00:03
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    @NewSense

It should be fine if you select a font with 'Bold' in its name instead of selecting the Bold style checkmark.
  • »15.03.22 - 19:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ jacadcaps - OK I've done that, and the text layout (premature ending of the textual spelling) is now almost entirely corrected, but "Select All" was still stuck at "Select Al" . . . until I reduced the size of the font by a further one size and that too is now readable/spelled as it should be.

Though obviously the style options need fixing as either choice should work correctly if they are in MUI available to use. :-/
  • »16.03.22 - 08:15
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Wayfarer 3.0, based on the WebKitGTK 2.34.6 is now available for download from wayfarer.icu.

In addition to updating the WebKit core, this version includes the following changes:

- Added a Media menu with playback controls hotkeys
    - Added cookie/cache cleaning menu options
    - Password save requester pops up on more sites now
    - No longer writes partial files into the Curl cache
    - Launcher removes PROGDIR:ICU since it is no longer required
    - Fixed downloads from itch.io
    - Improved network error handling in the media player
    - Cleaned up console log output into dprintf
    - Fixed the base URL for HLS media chunks (fixes cnn.com, etc)

Once again, I'd like to thank everyone who supported the project financially.
  • »18.03.22 - 19:50
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Posting this with Wayfarer 3. Jaca, you are really incredible - hats off!
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »18.03.22 - 21:02
    Profile Visit Website
  • IKE
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    IKE
    Donation inbound! I haven't donated in a while!
    IKE

MacMini G4 1.5Ghz/PowerBook G4 1.67Ghz/PowerMac G5 2.0Ghz DP 7,2 Radeon 9650/256MB