Iris - An upcoming E-Mail client blog
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    matt3
    Thanks Jaca!

The best email client keeps getting better! This is one of my most used programs in MorphOS and it rocks.

Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    1.12 now available for download!

- Improved message previews, added loading animation
    - Improved HTML message sanitization
    - Fixed handling of deleted messages in the reader
    - Undo/Redo buttons in text editor get enabled/disabled as undo status changes
    - Display more information on errors when loading a message into the reader view
    - Added an additional check and requester before sending an email with an empty To field
  • »13.04.23 - 15:32
  • Just looking around
    Hi,

I have setup my icloud account on Iris on my fantastic Pegasos II machine and the inbox folder won't be synced. There is the errors on the log:

16:56:02: [djcollins@xx.com] Erreur : invalid_response - Received invalid response.
    16:56:02: Commande : , réponse : [^]* 1 FETCH (UID 6936 MODSEQ (432507126081139) FLAGS (\Answered \Seen $NotJunk) ENVELOPE ("Thu, 09 Dec 2010 09:48:10 +0100" "Re: Bootleg pour Joachim par le petit suisse !"

And when i delete this mail from my mac, the problem goes with another message. I have deleted some messages but with no luck. Thanks you for your reply.

Iris is a very promising mail client, incredible for an Amiga OS email client, congratulation to the devs !
  • »16.04.23 - 15:16
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    @djcollins

Haven't had the time to use my icloud account much... must be something specific to what they're doing. I'll see if I can improve it.
  • »20.04.23 - 00:49
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Iris version 1.13 is now available for download!

- Two column mode fixes and optimizations
    - Fixed performance issues when opening mail in a new reader window
    - MUI peformance workarounds
  • »20.04.23 - 00:49
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    oeschi
    Thanks for all the work on IRIS and the latest updates. This made the synchronization much more stable for me, but I still have one problem and I can finally reproduce it:

If I delete a mail in the inbox on my Mac (running macOS) and then check the folder for new messages under IRIS, the deleted mail remains in the inbox and gets the trash icon. If I check the folder again for new messages, the mail disappears and ends up in the trash.
    If I select renew index, then the mail immediately ends up in the trash.

This always causes some confusion for me, because it distorts the number of mails in the inbox. Is this normal behavior?
  • »21.04.23 - 16:56
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

oeschi wrote:
    Is this normal behavior?

I'll take a look at email counts in folder, but generally, yes, this is intended behaviour that deleted emails remain in folder until you stop viewing it. This is a performance optimization with huge gains.
  • »21.04.23 - 17:39
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    @jacadcaps

Hi,

Something very strange. I use my outlook.com account on Iris (on my Pegasos II and on my iBook). Yesterday around 4 p.m. I answered emails again, it worked. And last night when I wanted to pick up the box on the iBook, I had an error and Iris can no longer pick up the mail. Message log: Error while executing command "LIST": bad response. Command: LIST, response: a003 BAD User is authenticated but not connected. I found it weird.. I went to the Pegasos and got exactly the same error! From the Apple mail client on my MacBook Pro it works. Is there a subtlety? I tried to reset the account, it still gives me the same error. So yesterday between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m., something happened without me touching anything. I have the latest version of iris. Thanks for your help.
  • »02.05.23 - 05:08
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

djcollins wrote:
    a003 BAD User is authenticated but not connected

Sounds like a server-side issue. Googling for this recommends double-checking that your account has IMAP access enabled in account settings, re-enabling it and if that fails, logging out of all devices via the website.
  • »02.05.23 - 18:56
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Iris 1.14 is now up on the website. This is exactly the same version that's included with MorphOS 3.18 so no need to update it separately.
  • »13.05.23 - 17:02
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Primax
    Quote:

jacadcaps schrieb:
    Iris 1.14 is now up on the website. This is exactly the same version that's included with MorphOS 3.18 so no need to update it separately.

In the history of your website, two times version 1.13 is listed...
    AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon X1650 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
    Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / 128 MB RAM / AmigaOS 3.9
  • »13.05.23 - 18:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Iris 1.15 is now available to address a memtrashing problem (the same as with Wayfarer).
  • »17.05.23 - 20:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Iris 1.16 is now available from iris-morphos.com. The new version introduces a ton of improvements, optimizations and bug fixes, including faster message list updates and better handling of operations on big numbers of messages. This is also the first version coming with a Polish translation.

Full Change log:

- All operations that can potentially modify a lot of messages are now done in stages to avoid timing out while server copies/deletes/etc the messages
    - Added progress to more message operations
    - Avoids reloading message list when deleting emails
    - Improved the Find Messages window's UI
    - Return key in the message editor now creates paragraphs instead of line breaks (hold shift to insert a line break)
    - Warns when trying to quit while there's still write operations running on server, etc
    - Improved CSS sanitization when viewing emails authored using Outlook
    - Implemented Auto-Update
    - Worked around a problem that caused longer subject lines with non-ASCII characters would sometimes end up with extra spaces added inside words
    - Fixed to refresh folder contents after deleting all messages in it
    - Fixed a case where Find Messages could get stuck forever when doing an advanced search
    - Fixed a case where message finder could continue working even after closing Find Messages window
    - Fixed a case where upon selecting a folder, the active message wouldn't automatically load
    - Updated WebKit and associated libraries
    - Added Polish translation

[ Edited by jacadcaps 14.08.2023 - 20:46 ]
  • »14.08.23 - 18:41
    Profile Visit Website
    matt3
    Thanks! One of my favorite MorphOS applications...
  • »14.08.23 - 21:30
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Primax
    Great! Thank you very much!
    AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon X1650 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
    Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / 128 MB RAM / AmigaOS 3.9
  • »15.08.23 - 04:35
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    With the 1.17 release Iris becomes The Iris Suite.

The all new Contacts application supports synchronizing contacts from CardDav services, including Google Contacts, iCloud Contacts or any other compatible service like Runbox, Synology, etc. When set up, Iris will link the email addresses to Contacts in order to display any configured photos and other details. Contacts are also used to provide better matches when filling out addresses in To/CC/BCC fields.

Contacts will automatically be installed in the same directory as Iris when you auto-update to 1.17.
  • »04.09.23 - 17:39
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MoerBoer
    Woah, that's amazing! This update is very cool, thanks!
  • »04.09.23 - 18:07
    tolkien
    Have been in home for a few days and try this fantastic update.
    Contacts works truly well.
    Thanks Jaca.
    MorphOS: PowerMac G5 - PowerBook G4 - MacMini.
    Classic: Amiga 1200/060 - A500 PiStorm
  • »05.09.23 - 12:26
  • MDW
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MDW
    Contacts application is amazing and extremely helpful. It synchronising perfectly with contacts of an iCloud account. Thank you for add link to Apple Support webpage with description what is "Application Password". :)

Great work Jaca!
  • »05.09.23 - 14:02
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Iris 1.18 now available

- Updated to match changes in Contacts application
    - Updated curl, mysql and other libs

- Contacts 1.1 now available (part of the Iris archive)

- Implemented Digest Authorization
    - Implemented NICKNAME support in CardDAV
    - Configurable sort by first or last name
    - Fixed aspect ratio of cropped contact photos (iCloud) appearing in other applications

Please use the Check for Updates... function of Iris to update both programs.
  • »19.09.23 - 13:51
    Profile Visit Website
  • MDW
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MDW
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    - Implemented NICKNAME support in CardDAV
    - Configurable sort by first or last name

You read my thoughts! Nickname and sorting by last name were two features which I really wanted. :)
    I udapted the Iris to version 1.18 - both features work perfect. Contacts synchronized automatically. Each contact which has a nickname in iCloud contacts now shows nickname in Iris Contacts.

I have no more "must have" or "nice to have" features. :)
    Thank you for the update.

[ Edited by MDW 19.09.2023 - 19:00 ]
  • »19.09.23 - 16:59
    Profile Visit Website
    matt3
    The best keeps getting better!

Thanks Jaca.
  • »19.09.23 - 17:41
    DJBase
    Silly question... can I fix the position of the AppIcon? Also can I edit the AppIcon text below? I only need a 1-liner.
    Mac mini, PowerPC G4 1.5 GHz, ATI Radeon 9200 64 MB, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB HDD, MorphOS 3.18
    PowerBook, PowerPC G4 1.67 GHz, ATI Radeon 9700 128 MB, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB mSATA HDD, MorphOS 3.18
  • »23.09.23 - 17:10
    Profile Visit Website