I did add "execute s:PoseidonROMUpdate" before IPrefs (of course that
    file does exist in s:, even in both, SYS:s and MOSSYS:s) and did also
    check that neither another startup-sequence nor any old Poseidon files
    are left in SYS:. All Poseidon 2.2 files are at their respective
    places in MOSSYS:.

Anyway I do get still Poseidon 2.0 via System Settings and in the
    Prefs drawer - even if I explicitely start the Trident file from the
    PoseidonMOS.lha archive. Accordingly I'm also lacking the newer
    features of Poseidon (e.g. for joystick calibration).

My system is a Pegasos II/G4 with MorphOS 1.4.2.

BTW: Originally I just wanted to review a USB adapter for Playstation
    controlpads - so if you can recommend any free games which are
    supporting USB joysticks under MorphOS, please let me know for my
    tests. :-)
  • »05.06.04 - 15:09
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    DJBase
    Are you sure you didnt mixed up the Trident 2.0 Preferences with the Poseidon 2.2 Welcome message? What does said the version from shell of poseidon.library?
    Mac mini, PowerPC G4 1.5 GHz, ATI Radeon 9200 64 MB, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB HDD, MorphOS 3.18
    PowerBook, PowerPC G4 1.67 GHz, ATI Radeon 9700 128 MB, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB mSATA HDD, MorphOS 3.18
  • »05.06.04 - 15:21
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    Senex:
    Jepp, DJ Base is right, It is Poseidon Prefs 2.0 but Poseidon 2.2, just do a version check on poseidon.lib.
    For working games, well every game working on the Peg and Supporting Joysticks, does support sub pads too. This is due the excellent lowlevel.lib (emu?) from Poseidon. It even supports all CD 32 Buttons, which the lowlevel.lib for gameport doesn`t. But Poseidon can more. If you have a game which acn be played through keyboard (Asteroids for example) you can assign Keypressing to your usb pad and play the game with the pad ;-) cool eh?
  • »05.06.04 - 15:45
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    hiTCH-HiKER
    Which USB adapter for PS2 pads works with MorphOS/Poseidon? Do I need to configure anything or does it work out of the box?
  • »05.06.04 - 16:50
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    Afair, Computer City offers working PS2 USB Adapters.
    Anyway just a small tip: Go for a Logitech Dual Action Pad. It looks and feel like a PSX Pad, without the rumble Pack feature (which isn`t supported anyway through current games)
  • »05.06.04 - 17:26
    Senex
    @DJBase & Bladerunner:

Ah, so the prefs are still 2.0, okay. Version of the library indeed gives V2.2, thank you guys! :-)

What additionally had confused me is that here in the forum there had been mentioned in the past an "action" part of the poseidon device prefs - or, just as Bladerunner mentions here, the possibility to assign the control pad to certain keys. This I could not find here in the prefs: If I selected my adapter (with connected control pad) in the devices list, I could get additional information about it, but its button "settings" remained ghosted.

Knowing meanwhile that I do actually have V2.2, I've experimented a bit more and found out now that I just had to do a dir scan at the classes to let two more of them show up, and now that the hid.class is actually active, I do also get access to the settings for the adapter.

Thanks again!

@HiTCH-HiKER:

I'm using the SmartJoy Plus from Computer City. Couldn't test it yet - besides my Poseidon prob -, since I am no gamer, so I'm currently looking for "something" I can use a joystick for. That's why I had asked for recommended games - guys, I need names...! :-) But I'll just try that "Asteroids" game Bladerunner mentioned (I suppose it's the one from hd-rec.de).
  • »05.06.04 - 18:10
    Profile Visit Website
    Senex
    @Bladerunner

Some little detail I seem to miss: I assigned the keys for Asteroids TR to the control pad buttons (e.g. button 2 = x), and if I open for example the "execute command" window and press button 2, indeed "x" is entered.

But in the game, the buttons have no effect at all. I tried keystring as well as rawkey. What else did you do to get it work with Asteroids TR?

Many thanks in advance!
  • »05.06.04 - 20:06
    Profile Visit Website