Yokemate of Keyboards
Posts: 2714 from 2003/2/24
Add to that all the various controllers that individual CPU manufacturers chooses to add.
Key technical features of Freescale's newly announced i.MX6 CPU's include:
• Industry-leading four-core design
• Up to four ARM Cortex-A9 cores running at up to 1.2 GHz per core
• Up to 1 MB system level 2 cache
• ARMv7, Neon, VFPv3 and Trustzone support
• Multistream-capable HD video engine delivering 1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode and 3D video playback in HD
• Exceptional 3D graphics performance with quad shaders for up to 200 MTPS
• Separate 2D and vertex acceleration engines for uncompromised user interface experiences
• Stereoscopic image sensor support for 3D imaging
• Interconnect: HDMI v1.4 w/ integrated PHY, SD3.0, multiple USB 2.0 ports w/ integrated PHY, Gb Ethernet w/ integrated PHY, SATA-II w/ integrated PHY, PCI-e w/ integrated PHY, MIPI CSI, MIPI DSI, MIPI HSI, and FlexCAN for automotive applications
• Support for the VP8 codec (See related thread here on MZ!)
• Support for one of the broadest ranges of major operating system platforms in the industry
• Optional integration of an ePaper display controller for eReader and similar applications
MorphOS is Amiga done right!
MorphOS NG will be AROS done right!