Cloanto sues Hyperion
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

KennyR wrote:
    Looks like EAB has
    gone full retard in the "bad old AmigaWorld" mode, by censoring one side of the conversation and allowing full scale bashing and linking illegal material against those who it doesn't like.

And we all know how that ended. Empowered by censoring 'negativity' on AWN, and later Amigans.net (when the loonies could no longer get wrongthinkers banned with a PM to a mod) AmigaONE and OS4 went on to rule the world...

...NOT.

That seedy underbelly has been there for a long time, at least 15 years if not longer. When I walked away from the Kommunity, I had people tell me that EAB was different. Luckily I knew better. I'm not surprised their stripes are showing now.

I actually own an Amiga classic again, but it is so much more enjoyable without having to interact in such a toxic Kommunity where people either seek ultimate control of a dead platform at any means, or are just there for emotional validation.
  • »13.03.19 - 19:07
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Intuition
    Quote:

KennyR wrote:
    Looks like EAB has
    gone full retard in the "bad old AmigaWorld" mode, by censoring one side of the conversation and allowing full scale bashing and linking illegal material against those who it doesn't like.

And we all know how that ended. Empowered by censoring 'negativity' on AWN, and later Amigans.net (when the loonies could no longer get wrongthinkers banned with a PM to a mod) AmigaONE and OS4 went on to rule the world...

...NOT.

Well there's a certain Belgian tosspot who used to crack C64 games and sells 68k ROMs that he doesn't own, wouldn't surprise me if it's him posting links to pirated copies of Cloantos IP.

A Leopard doesn't change its spots.
    1.67GHz 15" PowerBook G4, 1GB RAM, 128MB Radeon 9700M Pro, 64GB SSD, MorphOS 3.15

2.7GHz DP G5, 4GB RAM, 512MB Radeon X1950 Pro, 500GB SSHD, MorphOS 3.9
  • »14.03.19 - 10:12
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    Addendum:

>> part 3, stated to have newish information on this history

> Yes, even the first page does have new information not made public before :-)

Confirmation by Trevor in recent Amiga Future issue of some of these comments (emphasis mine):

"the long drawn out saga over delivery of the CPUs had raised some concerns. Moorley privately contacted A-EON's bank in Belgium to obtain the transaction history only to discover that the account was virtually empty. Apparently, Hyperion [...] had used A-EON’s funds to keep itself afloat. As a result, A-EON did not have enough money to pay Varisys for the Nemo 2.0 programme... ...I was still keen to see the project through and fortunately Moorley agreed with me. A repayment schedule was agreed with Hyperion/Hermans and, in late December [2010], he resigned his A-EON directorship and relinquished his token shareholding in the company. I took over the management of A-EON on a temporary basis and began co-ordinating with Varisys, AmigaKit and the Hyperion OS4 development team to get the X1000 project back on track."
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/1gMRbIa_V9Lb5MJMiEYPwtwzFeCBjWRQZ/edit
  • »15.03.19 - 09:12
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    KennyR
    Tip of the iceberg. Seems that there's no end to the dirty laundry being aired - and Hyperion's gussets are the most stained of all. I don't think Hyperion will have many friends after this - Thor, Gulliver and Jens better get the hell out now if they know what's good for them.

What annoys me most about Hyperion firing an unpaid Solie or Hyperion stealing A-Eon's money (and Trevor subsequently blackmailing them) is that nobody who knew these things at the time said anything. They all stayed silent. Some even persecuted people who discussed the rumours and censored them. And it only comes out after a legal case almost a decade later.

Absolutely pathetic.
  • »15.03.19 - 14:51
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > What annoys me most about Hyperion firing an unpaid Solie [...] is that nobody
    > who knew these things at the time said anything. They all stayed silent. Some
    > even persecuted people who discussed the rumours and censored them. And it
    > only comes out after a legal case almost a decade later.

Isn't this a very recent event? Solie was still OS4 team lead at AmiWest in October 2018.
    Regarding Trevor's recent revelations, I'm not sure there's a causality with the current legal case.
  • »15.03.19 - 15:30
    KennyR
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    Isn't this a very recent event? Solie was still OS4 team lead at AmiWest in October 2018.

Well, I meant the A-Eon bank account thing, which happened in 2010.

We didn't hear anything about Solie either. Which is fair - it's his business. But I'm pretty sure I read some threads on ANDE about people speculating about change of role on his forum accounts and signatures, and being shouted down for it.
  • »15.03.19 - 15:40
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    number6
    Quote:

KennyR wrote:
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:

Well, I meant the A-Eon bank account thing, which happened in 2010.

We didn't hear anything about Solie either. Which is fair - it's his business. But I'm pretty sure I read some threads on ANDE about people speculating about change of role on his forum accounts and signatures, and being shouted down for it.

That part is fairly easy to substantiate.
    example from Hyperion support forum

Former sig was "AmigaOS development team lead" and avatar text was "developer"

Same or similar can be found by looking at his profile elsewhere.

• »15.03.19 - 15:47
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Former sig was "AmigaOS development team lead" and avatar text
    > was "developer"

Indeed, up until 2 days ago, "Betatester" badge was "Developer" badge, "Beta Tester" role was "AmigaOS Core Developer" role and there was the "AmigaOS Development Team Lead" signature.
  • »15.03.19 - 16:06
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    number6
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > Former sig was "AmigaOS development team lead" and avatar text
    > was "developer"

Indeed, up until 2 days ago, "Betatester" badge was "Developer" badge, "Beta Tester" role was "AmigaOS Core Developer" role and there was the "AmigaOS Development Team Lead" signature.

But if you are trying to date the event, you might find the linkedin more enlightening.

• »15.03.19 - 16:12
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > if you are trying to date the event, you might find the
    > linkedin more enlightening.

"Team Lead AmigaOS ExecSG Development" since January 2019. That's interesting, as ExecSG is rumoured to have been purchased by A-Eon off the Friedens.

New role also reflected on AmiWest website:
    "We just spoke with Exec SG Team Lead Steven Solie yesterday about the 8th AmiWest DevCon. Despite disturbances in "the force" of the Amiga community, the DevCon will be presented as scheduled."
    http://www.amiwest.net/amiwest2019blog/#sect2.

Edit: changed "known" to "rumoured"
    Edit2: added AmiWest info

[ Edited by Andreas_Wolf 14.04.2019 - 12:40 ]
  • »15.03.19 - 16:16
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I'm pretty sure I read some threads on ANDE about people speculating
    > about change of role on his forum accounts and signatures, and being
    > shouted down for it.

There were no such threads on amiga-news.de (if that is what "ANDE" means) after AmiWest 2018 where Solie was still presented as team lead. What you may remember happened years ago:

"Steven Solie [...] was introduced as the "AmigaOS team leader", which he confirmed by replying "for now, hehe". Actually, Solie had stopped describing himself as "Team leader" a while ago and only referred to himself as the team's spokesperson"
    https://www.amiga-news.de/en/news/AN-2016-10-00014-EN.html
  • »15.03.19 - 16:34
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    number6
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > if you are trying to date the event, you might find the
    > linkedin more enlightening.

"Team Lead AmigaOS ExecSG Development" since January 2019. That's interesting, as ExecSG is known to have been purchased by A-Eon off the Friedens.

Not trying to be picky, but "known to have been" applies to a belief that the Amiga Documents posting was correct, right?

I've looked at the thread (the only other place I can see this discussed):
    Amiga Documents scuttlebutt on Hyperion

A quick glance indicates some question about how this might affect Hyperion, but not either a clear admittance or denial that the story was true, right?
    If you have anything else on this, I'd be interested to read it.

imo we are illustrating quite a lot of circumstantial evidence, but I'll await an actual mention by one of those involved...

• »15.03.19 - 16:40
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > "known to have been" applies to a belief that the Amiga Documents posting was correct, right?

Right. I better change this to "rumoured" :-)
  • »15.03.19 - 18:05
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    number6
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > "known to have been" applies to a belief that the Amiga Documents posting was correct, right?

Right. I better change this to "rumoured" :-)

Hyperion Fires Team Lead and Core Developer

• »16.03.19 - 01:24
    Kronos
    And Hyperion asked thor if he wanted to do an ExecSG-replacement....

Popcorn popcorn and shares in the popcorn industry!!!!
  • »16.03.19 - 08:17
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    I haven't read much these speculation threads, or taken part in them, but now when Hyperion seems to fall apart, and Cloanto is building a new Amiga imperium and trying to gather everything under the same roof, it just crossed my mind that could MorphOS get closer relationship with the official party and get more awareness/popularity/attractivity by that?

I think Mike is an open-minded and friendly guy, and appreciates and wants to preserve everything Amiga related. I met him last year in our user group event and he briefly asked me what I think / how I rate the NG operating systems, and I of course told him my honest opinion of the situation after I have been testing/using all three of them.

If we'd go totally wild in speculation, how about being AmigaOS 5? :D
  • »16.03.19 - 09:29
    Profile Visit Website
    Kronos
    Quote:

jPV wrote:
    I haven't read much these speculation threads, or taken part in them, but now when Hyperion seems to fall apart, and Cloanto is building a new Amiga imperium and trying to gather everything under the same roof, it just crossed my mind that could MorphOS get closer relationship with the official party and get more awareness/popularity/attractivity by that?

Rather not.

Quote:

No, no and NO!!
  • »16.03.19 - 09:31
    KennyR
    What is being fired when you don't get paid anyway? Losing access to the company mail account?

"Hey Thor, do you want to come code ExecSG for us? We can't pay you anything, we'll treat you like shit, force you to sign NDAs that will end up in you humiliated in public, we'll own all your work (past, present and future), you'll be doing all the support without our help, and we'll fire you if you talk to anyone we don't like. You'll also be paying to go to any Amiga meetings from your own pocket, and you will NOT be allowed access to the company car. But you'll be able to tell everyone what you did for the Amiga - but all announcements and public posts MUST be checked and allowed by us first. Breaking the NDA in any way (even if we change it later) will result in ruinous legal action."

Sounds like a great offer. Can't imagine why he would hesitate.

[ Edited by KennyR 16.03.2019 - 12:54 ]
  • »16.03.19 - 12:52
  • ASiegel
    Quote:

jPV wrote:

Source: amiga-news.de
    Quote:

Does the new Amiga intend on continuing support and development of Amiga OS 4.1?

MB: Not only that, but we feel that it is important that OS4 remains available at fair terms to a diversity of hardware suppliers. (This is in response to concerns being raised after the OS kernel was acquired by Trevor/A-EON.) The new Amiga entity wants both 3.x and 4.x to move forward.
  • »16.03.19 - 14:12
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    number6
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    >> ExecSG is rumoured to have been purchased by A-Eon off the Friedens.
    >> Edit: changed "known" to "rumoured"

> Sorry to keep suggesting edits. heh. Which followed this post:
    > Trevor Dickinson has confirmed to have bought ExecSG in the AF.

Okay, if AF reported it, it can be called "known" I guess :-) For some, Mike Battilana's statement on the matter (see links in comments #689 and #695) might have been sufficient, though ;-)

It might make me more unpopular to be objective, but...

Purported email content text overlayed on a podcast from a 3rd party admittedly new to this amiga stuff..
    Not to mention I never saw/heard anyone say he had permission to post Mike's mails, although some would assume so.
    And 3rd parties making "announcements" for principals?
    A-eon purchaser - Hyperion seller. I also would have preferred a statement from one or both of the actual parties involved, as in a joint press release. ha! Nevertheless, the issue is moot now.

Sorry, but this way of issuing "emails" seemed a bit too much of a counter to the Jens and his "these weren't meant for..." affair.

• »16.03.19 - 14:39