Cloanto sues Hyperion
  • rob
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    rob
    If A-EON can no longer use the AmigaOne trademark then presumably shipping new machines and motherboards will have to be suspended until the trademark has been removed from the bios. Presumably AOTL pulled those products because they don't want upset customer facing potential delays after paying for the goods. I can't think of a good reason why this can't be remedied in the next few days but if my assumption is correct I can understand AOTL wanting to play it safe.
  • »08.07.19 - 22:10
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    KennyR
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    something

Nobody cares Andreas.

A-Eon has pulled the AmigaONE trademark. It's confirmed.
  • »08.07.19 - 22:21
    Stevo
    *munching popcorn*
    ---
    http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/logs/its_only_football.txt
  • »08.07.19 - 22:38
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Spectre660
    Amiga on the Lake pulled all A-EON Hardware on/before 30 June 2019 .
    I verified on that date after receieving a particular PM .

Quote:

rob wrote:
    If A-EON can no longer use the AmigaOne trademark then presumably shipping new machines and motherboards will have to be suspended until the trademark has been removed from the bios. Presumably AOTL pulled those products because they don't want upset customer facing potential delays after paying for the goods. I can't think of a good reason why this can't be remedied in the next few days but if my assumption is correct I can understand AOTL wanting to play it safe.

[ Edited by Spectre660 08.07.2019 - 19:01 ]
  • »08.07.19 - 22:59
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >> these increasing incidents of stating rumours as truths and on top of it
    >> referencing sources that are either piss-taking or do not back up the
    >> stated claims in any way make me question the author's motives.

> he seems to gather the info from new tweets and add it to the main body
    > (with references when available).

Yes, just that, as stated, regarding the mentioned incidents, the references are either piss-taking or do not back up the stated claims in any way.

> Both the twitter and the main site contain the disclaimer " if not referenced it's personal opinion only!"

It's also only personal opinion if the reference is just a claim by an unnamed person that in itself lacks conclusive reference, or if the reference does not contain anything about the statement made. Even worse, the mere presence of a reference link can make an invalid statement appear valid. Only a minority of readers actually verify the reference, as it takes too much time and effort for most.

> I'm not sure I'd use the word "motive", since I've not seen him write about motive.

You don't need to write about motive to have one :-)

> "Slanted"? Sure, since we already have an admission of personal opinion here.

...unless accompanied by a bogus "reference", that is ;-)

> "why doesn't Hyperion address any of the points in contention?"

The 2 claims I'm referring to ("lawsuit [...] funded [239] by [...] Robert Trevor Dickinson", "Ben Hermans was "fired from Monard Law" [284]") are not really suited to be disproved by Hyperion. Besides, addressing any of the site's claims in an official statement could unnecessarily lend credit to the site in the eyes of Hyperion.

> "why don't Hyperion upload the documents that show their side of the story(filings)?"
    > I addressed that issue here
    > All I can tell you is that absolutely no one has written me to dispute what I wrote there.
    > No one.

There was a half-assed attempt at that.
  • »08.07.19 - 23:00
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Nobody cares Andreas.

I do care for your untruths.

> A-Eon has pulled the AmigaONE trademark.

Opposed to your claims and as proven above, A-Eon did so far not remove the term "AmigaOne" everywhere on its website and there are still 5 pages beside the "AmigaONE 500" page on the Amiga.org wiki that contain the "AmigaOne" term.
    Furthermore, I can't find evidence that AOTL removed the "AmigaOne" term from their X5000 page. In fact, I can't even find their X5000 page.
  • »08.07.19 - 23:09
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Amiga on the Lake pulled all A-EON Hardware on/before 30 June 2019 .
    > I verified on that date after receieving a particular PM .

Similar reason as 2 years ago?
  • »08.07.19 - 23:23
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

KennyR wrote:

The only part of that Amiga.org wiki that still has "AmigaONE" is the ACube AmigaONE 500, which never belonged to A-Eon.

The "AmigaONE 500" is now removed altogether.
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »08.07.19 - 23:55
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >> The only part of that Amiga.org wiki that still has "AmigaONE"
    >> is the ACube AmigaONE 500

> The "AmigaONE 500" is now removed altogether.

The page is still accessible and has not been touched since March 2015 when it was created.
  • »09.07.19 - 00:00
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    At this point your comments are getting stranger by every post Andreas.
  • »09.07.19 - 00:13
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >>>> The only part of that Amiga.org wiki that still has "AmigaONE"
    >>>> is the ACube AmigaONE 500

>>> The "AmigaONE 500" is now removed altogether.

>> The page is still accessible and has not been touched since March 2015 when it was created.

> At this point your comments are getting stranger by every post Andreas.

Certainly not nearly as strange as your comment about a "removed" page that's obviously still there. And if you mean the main page, it had been removed from there before KennyR made his comment #1098 you replied to, so he wasn't referring to that.
  • »09.07.19 - 00:22
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    number6
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    >> these increasing incidents of stating rumours as truths and on top of it
    >> referencing sources that are either piss-taking or do not back up the
    >> stated claims in any way make me question the author's motives.

> he seems to gather the info from new tweets and add it to the main body
    > (with references when available).

Yes, just that, as stated, regarding the mentioned incidents, the references are either piss-taking or do not back up the stated claims in any way.

> Both the twitter and the main site contain the disclaimer " if not referenced it's personal opinion only!"

It's also only personal opinion if the reference is just a claim by an unnamed person that in itself lacks conclusive reference, or if the reference does not contain anything about the statement made. Even worse, the mere presence of a reference link can make an invalid statement appear valid. Only a minority of readers actually verify the reference, as it takes too much time and effort for most.

> I'm not sure I'd use the word "motive", since I've not seen him write about motive.

You don't need to write about motive to have one :-)

> "Slanted"? Sure, since we already have an admission of personal opinion here.

...unless accompanied by a bogus "reference", that is ;-)

> "why doesn't Hyperion address any of the points in contention?"

The 2 claims I'm referring to ("lawsuit [...] funded [239] by [...] Robert Trevor Dickinson", "Ben Hermans was "fired from Monard Law" [284]") are not really suited to be disproved by Hyperion. Besides, addressing any of the site's claims in an official statement could unnecessarily lend credit to the site in the eyes of Hyperion.

> "why don't Hyperion upload the documents that show their side of the story(filings)?"
    > I addressed that issue here
    > All I can tell you is that absolutely no one has written me to dispute what I wrote there.
    > No one.

There was a half-assed attempt at that.

I guess you misunderstood? Not everyone follows things in great detail. I only posted what I did to show my view on how he organizes the work and his sites, etc. in case others were interested.
    The questions you ask above are really for Amiga Documents.
    He has an email address too. Why not just ask?

Lastly, once you asked me to include your entire text. I complied. Would you be so kind as to return the favor this one time and include my first line that was in the same post you quoted above?
    Quote:

Not meant to argue his side nor offer explanation as to any particular text:

Otherwise it reads imo in a most unfavorable light. Thanks.

• »09.07.19 - 00:30
  • rob
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    rob
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > I verified on that date after receieving a particular PM .

Do we know the reason last time. There was some kind of dispute with A-EON at the time but were there ever any details as to why and how it was resolved?
  • »09.07.19 - 00:33
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    number6
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > Nobody cares Andreas.

I do care for your untruths.

> A-Eon has pulled the AmigaONE trademark.

Opposed to your claims and as proven above, A-Eon did so far not remove the term "AmigaOne" everywhere on its website and there are still 5 pages beside the "AmigaONE 500" page on the Amiga.org wiki that contain the "AmigaOne" term.
    Furthermore, I can't find evidence that AOTL removed the "AmigaOne" term from their X5000 page. In fact, I can't even find their X5000 page.

Sitemap bottom of page.
    The product does not appear to be listed under the obvious category or the obvious brand.
    I don't recall seeing a dedicated page. But there was a sale that showed it on the home page.
    wayback might have it. dunno.

• »09.07.19 - 00:39
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I guess you misunderstood? [...] I only posted what I did to show my view on
    > how he organizes the work and his sites, etc. in case others were interested.

You replied to my comment and even quoted it, so I took your comment as a reply to my comment. That's how I understand these forum things usually work. If you mean to explain to others who did not even ask about it how someone organizes his work and his sites, or whatever you happen to be in the mood to explain, then please do so, but please refrain from quoting my comments and putting yours as an apparent response below. This will help me big time to not be misunderstanding of your comments in the future. Thank you.

> The questions you ask above are really for Amiga Documents.

My claim that Amiga Documents sometimes uses bogus references to make an opinion look like a fact is not a question.

> once you asked me to include your entire text.

I certainly never did so as full quotes are usually nonsense in my opinion. What I did ask you a while ago was to not make quotes of other commenters look like they were written by me.

> Would you [...] include my first line that was in the same post you quoted above?

I have a better proposal: You delete the quote from comment #1071 first.
  • »09.07.19 - 00:55
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >> I can't find evidence that AOTL removed the "AmigaOne" term from
    >> their X5000 page. In fact, I can't even find their X5000 page.

> Sitemap bottom of page.

No X5000 page linked from there.

> I don't recall seeing a dedicated page. [...] wayback might have it.

There was one. And yes, the Wayback Machine has it.
  • »09.07.19 - 01:02
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >>> Amiga on the Lake pulled all A-EON Hardware on/before 30 June 2019 .
    >>> I verified on that date after receieving a particular PM .

>> Similar reason as 2 years ago?

> Do we know the reason last time. There was some kind of
    > dispute with A-EON at the time but were there ever any
    > details as to why and how it was resolved?

I think these were the best summaries:

http://www.amiga-news.de/en/news/AN-2017-05-00067-EN.html
    http://www.amiga-news.de/en/news/AN-2017-07-00014-EN.html

More conjecture than hard facts, but I think it's a safe bet that it was about pricing and/or availability.
  • »09.07.19 - 01:11
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    @number6

Don't bother dancing too close to Andreas. His Asperger makes it difficult for him to see the big picture, to follow a discussion at large or to read between the lines, he constantly gets stuck on the smaller details and individual words. Just take a step back when it happens. You'll learn. ;-)
  • »09.07.19 - 01:13
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > difficult for him to see the big picture, to follow a discussion at large or to read
    > between the lines, he constantly gets stuck on the smaller details and individual words.

Says the one who just recently completely misunderstood the purpose of Paul Clements' testimony to the point of utter stubbornness. Maybe you should have read the actual lines instead of just between them ;-) And as can be seen from the filings of the current lawsuits discussed in this thread, it's very much the "smaller details and individual words" that make the big difference :-)
  • »09.07.19 - 01:35
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    No I didn't misunderstand anything Andreas, I simply quit arguing with you. That doesn't mean I agree with what you said, or that you were right, or that you "won" the discussion. It simply means that I just won't waste any more time and effort arguing with you beyond a certain point. You obviously didn't understand the bigger picture of Paul Clement's testimony, nor the purpose of such a testimony in a jury trial. But there is no point in beating a dead horse. It won't move. That's why I didn't continue arguing with you.

And why don't you simply e-mail AeonKit with a notification about those six pages still mentioning "AmigaONE 500"? They might appreciate the help in finding items they missed. ;-)
  • »09.07.19 - 02:38
    KennyR
    The AmigaONE references have been returned to the wiki by Admin.

Someone obviously isn't quite ready to announce anything.
  • »09.07.19 - 13:57
    KennyR
    Quote:

takemehomegrandma wrote:
    Don't bother dancing too close to Andreas.

I once saw a thread derailed because he hadn't ever seen the abbreviation ande for Amiga-News.de. Rather than simply take my word that we used it commonly on IRC (or indeed ignore it, as it was not AT ALL relevant), he proceeded to then demand links to where it had been used. The worst thing one can do is actually supply some, as the thread derailment will just intensify.

I apologise to anyone trying to follow the twists and turns of this case. Because it is MorphZone, I accept this (clearly off-site-topic) stuff is allowed here only on tolerance and there should be no more than one active thread, nor can I ask for any user to get a formal warning for thread derailment. Andreas is free to dispute anything said, but he struggles to do so in a constructive manner.

So to recap recent events once again:

- Cloanto has submitted as evidence some of Ben's old threatening emails to Amiga Inc where he used Monard Law on the email footer. Ben has also recently moved on from Monard despite being there for a long time. The two events are quite possibly interconnected.

- Hyperion has been recapitalised without extra revenue, with Ben now in control of the vast majority of fractional shares. While this means it is no longer in immediate danger of bankruptcy, it could not have been popular with the other shareholders - who to date, have said nothing. 3.1.4.1 was held up a couple of days because of the lack of Costel (according to Thor). It has since been released but nobody is sure if Costel actually did come back to do it.

- Possibly related, A-Eon's Amiga wiki's Admin strangely removed reference to the AmigaONE brand on several pages including front page and X5000 page, only to put them back when people noticed. At the same time, "Amiga" was changed to "Commodore Amiga". (Edit: But rather than just die out as unimportant, this is flaring up with Amigakit's "what's the big deal anyway?" attitude getting a severe slap on the wrist from concerned name fanboys who say they won't buy anything without TEH NAME.)
  • »09.07.19 - 14:13
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

rob wrote:
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > I verified on that date after receiving a particular PM .

Do we know the reason last time. There was some kind of dispute with A-EON at the time but were there ever any details as to why and how it was resolved?

Well, I was in contact with Aaron at the time and he wasn't particularly happy with Matt Leaman's handling of his orders or Aeon Kit's priorities (in regard to its vendors).
    He's made a few other comments to me in private that I don't feel are appropriate to repeat.

However, Aaron and his partner are interested in supporting both the legacy and the NG communities (in particular OS4).

Edit - The lack of the use of AmigaOne branding on Aeon's web page for the X5000 is curious, and all info for the X1000 has been pulled (although the menu link remains).
    This entire situation is curious, as I thought there was no contention over the AmigaOne, AmigaOS, or OS4 trademarks or use of the Boing Ball logo.

[ Edited by Jim 09.07.2019 - 17:13 ]
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »09.07.19 - 22:05