• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    KennyR
    Quote:

outlawal2 wrote:
    Personally, I wish all of this crap would stop so we could work toward a decent Amiga environment where the platform could progress and thrive, but apparently this is the wrong forum for anything other than negativity and ill will..

So friggin tired of every forum and every online environment being nothing but negative crap, trolls and bullshit.

Pretty much NOWHERE can you find a civil conversation about anything these days and I would be sad if it didn't simply piss me off..

Ignoring the fact that civility is relative (and is taken by many to mean "don't disagree with me"), there's left nothing to be civil about. The situation is a horror show, and all the players covered in shit. We're long past the point where sugar-coating the harsh reality helped with any kind of community cohesion.

AmigaWorld once censored any criticism of Amiga Inc, Hyperion, and Eyetech. They even at one point had secret forums to discuss AmigaONE hardware bugs, Articia and so on while at the same time in the forums denying and decrying anyone who dared mention these things in public as trolls and liars.

Did this apparently more "friendly" atmosphere on the surface change anything for the better? Did it make the underlying problems and legal disputes go away? Nope. Indeed they only made them worse because people are unaware of the legal issues, allowing them and their purchases to be used as inadvertent ammunition in those disputes and make them last longer - much like Ben is trying to do against Cloanto right now. And robbed of their sight, it was all the more shocking for them when they discovered there had been problems, like how the rumours of Amiga Inc and Hyperion not getting on wasn't news to anyone when the lawsuit became public - well, not news everyone but AmigaWorld regulars, that is.

The self-righteous removal of people's comments just made the community even more angry and bitter and divided, which eventually led to AO splitting to AWN, then again AWN purging its more intolerant elements to Amigans.net, where they are frozen in perpetual but happy ignorance. If heat death for the universe had a platform analogue, the current situation in Amigaland would be it.
  • »06.11.18 - 17:01