TinyGL: FBO, Shaders and futur improvements
  • MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    Posts: 508 from 2003/4/11
    And there you go, yet another TinyGL update released :)

    The list of changes in this update is kinda short, but especially the texture solves a bunch of problems with various different games, both existing games and future game ports. Among the games now working again is Descent Freespace, for example.
    I rarely log in to MorphZone which means that I often miss private messages sent on here. If you wish to contact me, please email me at [username]@asgaard.morphos-team.net, where [username] is my username here on MorphZone.
  • »27.12.22 - 06:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    beworld
    Posts: 590 from 2010/2/10
    From: FRANCE
    Ohhh thanks ! i can release 4 opengl games port with this new beta release.

    Prepare your controllers and 3D glasses :-)
    IMac G5 2.1,PowerBook G4 1.5,MacMini 1.5, PowerMac G5 2.7 died !!!
    My MOS ports
  • »27.12.22 - 07:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MoerBoer
    Posts: 210 from 2019/10/15
    I've tried Doom3 port with latest TinyGL.

    Running it normal, it starts but freezes entire system when I click new game

    Running it with doom3 r_renderer ARB, I get the strange thing other people also get where you just get the game console. I figured out by typing timedemo 1 , it loads the menu.

    Then when I start the game, it fails with the following error at the end

    Quote:

    ----- Game Map Shutdown -----
    WARNING: Unknown string id #str_07186
    WARNING: Unknown string id #str_07186
    WARNING: Unknown string id #str_07212
    WARNING: file materials/kentest.mtr, line 911: Bad term ','
    WARNING: file materials/kentest.mtr, line 912: expected ',' but found 'translate'
    WARNING: file materials/shaderdemo.mtr, line 884: couldn't read expected token
    ----- Game Map Shutdown -----


    [ Edited by MoerBoer 27.12.2022 - 09:43 ]
  • »27.12.22 - 08:35
    Profile
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MoerBoer
    Posts: 210 from 2019/10/15
    Posting the full log here if it helps by any chance :

    Quote:

    Games:Doom3> doom3 r_renderer ARB
    dhewm3 1.5.2.1305 morphos-ppc Sep 7 2022 21:41:52 using SDL v2.26.0
    SDL video driver: mos
    pid: 572168728
    1600 MB System Memory
    doom using generic code for SIMD processing
    ----- Initializing File System -----
    Loaded pk4 Games:Doom3/base/PAK000.PK4 with checksum 0x28d208f1
    Loaded pk4 Games:Doom3/base/PAK001.PK4 with checksum 0x40244be0
    Loaded pk4 Games:Doom3/base/PAK002.PK4 with checksum 0xc51ecdcd
    Loaded pk4 Games:Doom3/base/PAK003.PK4 with checksum 0xcd79d028
    Loaded pk4 Games:Doom3/base/PAK004.PK4 with checksum 0x765e4f8b
    Loaded pk4 Games:Doom3/base/PAK005.PK4 with checksum 0x8ffc3621
    Current search path:
    Games:Doom3/base
    Games:Doom3/base/PAK005.PK4 (63 files)
    Games:Doom3/base/PAK004.PK4 (5137 files)
    Games:Doom3/base/PAK003.PK4 (4676 files)
    Games:Doom3/base/PAK002.PK4 (6120 files)
    Games:Doom3/base/PAK001.PK4 (8972 files)
    Games:Doom3/base/PAK000.PK4 (2698 files)
    Addon pk4s:
    ----- Initializing Decls -----
    5151 strings read from strings/english.lang
    Couldn't open journal files
    execing editor.cfg
    execing default.cfg
    execing dhewm.cfg
    couldn't exec autoexec.cfg
    5151 strings read from strings/english.lang
    ----- Initializing OpenAL -----
    Setup OpenAL device and context
    OpenAL: found device 'Default Device'
    OpenAL: found device 'System audio output device'
    OpenAL vendor: OpenAL Community
    OpenAL renderer: OpenAL Soft
    OpenAL version: 1.1 ALSOFT 1.20.1
    OpenAL: found extensions for resetting disconnected devices
    OpenAL: found EFX extension
    OpenAL: found 256 hardware voices
    ----- Initializing OpenGL -----
    Initializing OpenGL subsystem
    Will create a window with resolution 1024x768 (r_mode = 5)
    SDL detected 1 displays:
    0: 1680x1050 at (0, 0) to (1680, 1050)
    Will use display 0 because mouse cursor is at (0, 0).
    Requested 8 color bits per chan, 8 alpha 24 depth, 8 stencil
    Got 8 stencil bits, 0 depth bits, color bits: r8 g8 b8 a8
    OpenGL not found(glAccum)
    OpenGL not found(glClearAccum)
    OpenGL not found(glClearIndex)
    Detected keyboard layout as "english"
    OpenGL vendor: Michal 'kiero' Wozniak and Mark Olsen. Original code Fabrice Bellard. Contains parts of Mesa code (www.mesa3d.org)
    OpenGL renderer: R300 TinyGL Driver by Mark Olsen
    OpenGL version: 1.2
    ...using GL_ARB_multitexture
    ...using GL_ARB_texture_env_combine
    ...using GL_ARB_texture_cube_map
    ...using GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3
    ...using GL_ARB_texture_env_add
    ...using GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two
    X..GL_ARB_texture_compression not found
    X..GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic not found
    X..GL_EXT_texture_lod not found
    X..GL_1.4_texture_lod_bias not found
    X..GL_EXT_shared_texture_palette not found
    X..GL_EXT_texture3D not found
    ...using GL_EXT_stencil_wrap
    X..GL_EXT_stencil_two_side not found
    X..GL_ATI_separate_stencil not found
    ... don't have glStencilOpSeparateATI() or (GL2.0+) glStencilOpSeparate()
    ...using GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object
    X..GL_ARB_vertex_program not found
    X..GL_ARB_fragment_program not found
    X..EXT_depth_bounds_test not found
    ARB2 renderer: Not available.
    ----- R_ReloadARBPrograms -----
    glprogs/test.vfp: GL_VERTEX_PROGRAM_ARB not available
    glprogs/test.vfp: GL_FRAGMENT_PROGRAM_ARB not available
    glprogs/interaction.vfp: GL_VERTEX_PROGRAM_ARB not available
    glprogs/interaction.vfp: GL_FRAGMENT_PROGRAM_ARB not available
    glprogs/bumpyEnvironment.vfp: GL_VERTEX_PROGRAM_ARB not available
    glprogs/bumpyEnvironment.vfp: GL_FRAGMENT_PROGRAM_ARB not available
    glprogs/ambientLight.vfp: GL_VERTEX_PROGRAM_ARB not available
    glprogs/ambientLight.vfp: GL_FRAGMENT_PROGRAM_ARB not available
    glprogs/shadow.vp: GL_VERTEX_PROGRAM_ARB not available
    glprogs/environment.vfp: GL_VERTEX_PROGRAM_ARB not available
    glprogs/environment.vfp: GL_FRAGMENT_PROGRAM_ARB not available
    glprogs/arbVP_glasswarp.txt: File not found
    glprogs/arbFP_glasswarp.txt: File not found
    using ARB_vertex_buffer_object memory
    -----Alloc more headers in. Size = 2097152
    -----Alloc more headers out
    using ARB renderSystem
    Will apply r_gamma and r_brightness in hardware (possibly on all screens; r_gammaInShader 0)
    idVertexCache::AllocFrameTemp: =
    idVertexCache::AllocFrameTemp: = end
    loaded game library 'Games:Doom3/base.so'.
    game using generic code for SIMD processing
    ----- Initializing Game -----
    gamename: baseDOOM-1
    gamedate: Sep 7 2022
    Initializing event system
    ...473 event definitions
    Initializing class hierarchy
    ...142 classes, 382184 bytes for event callbacks
    Initializing scripts
    Compiled 'script/doom_main.script': 4859 ms
    ----- Compile stats -----
    Memory usage:
    Strings: 79, 12592 bytes
    Statements: 67783, 1355660 bytes
    Functions: 2108, 250452 bytes
    Variables: 147320 bytes
    Mem used: 2576340 bytes
    Static data: 2477552 bytes
    Allocated: 3483436 bytes
    Thread size: 13212 bytes
    ...6 aas types
    ----- Initializing Session -----
    in_grabKeyboard: Will *not* grab the keyboard if mouse is grabbed, so global keyboard-shortcuts (like Alt-Tab) will still work
    using ARB renderSystem
    ]timedemo 1
    ----- Game Map Shutdown -----
    couldn't open demos/1.demo
    ----- Game Map Shutdown -----
    WARNING: Unknown string id #str_07186
    WARNING: Unknown string id #str_07186
    WARNING: Unknown string id #str_07212
    WARNING: file materials/kentest.mtr, line 911: Bad term ','
    WARNING: file materials/kentest.mtr, line 912: expected ',' but found 'translate'
    WARNING: file materials/shaderdemo.mtr, line 884: couldn't read expected token
    ----- Game Map Shutdown -----
  • »27.12.22 - 08:38
    Profile
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Posts: 91 from 2020/12/24
    Quote:

    I just found a problem (in tinygl.library, so affecting every driver) that caused mipmapped cube maps to fail.


    Doom3 again:

    Yep. Actually now for R200, skymap and some of the pictures on walls that failed are again rendered. In fact now they look as before cubemap was upgraded (when it was found it didn't work for years and I had a workaround in D3 that is still there just in case)....

    ... of course is equal as before because sometimes a bumpmap is applied on textures as original code does but needs (I know, I know...) Texgen R200 proper support. Theoretically it should work now for R300+. More on that later.


    Quote:

    Fixing that at least makes the ARB2 renderer in Doom 3 look a lot better, although I think there are still some issues that need fixing.



    @Bigfoot It means that you have D3 with the ARB2 render working ?

    issues: Besides a bunch of those, yep maybe going in-out a scene with some cubemap used as for example the skymap view through a window, you notice the lag/overhead there.

    @MoerBoer:

    Could be anything. Going back to r_usedrawinteraction0 option fixes the crash with ARB renderer ?

    Those "WARNING:" here and there "could" happen randomly, besides the tinygl changes. Try from cold reboots a couple of times.

    However, for BigFoot again:

    Some of the TexGenfv uses have only one of their parameters enabled as I do in draw_arb.cpp

    Code:
    GL_SelectTexture( 2 );
    qglEnable( GL_TEXTURE_GEN_S );
    qglTexGenfv( GL_S, GL_OBJECT_PLANE, din->lightProjection[3].ToFloatPtr() );
    .
    .
    qglDisable( GL_TEXTURE_GEN_S );


    But for old ATI drivers (in the old id Doom3 sources) they did this:

    Code:
    GL_SelectTexture( 2 );

    qglEnable( GL_TEXTURE_GEN_S );
    qglEnable( GL_TEXTURE_GEN_T );
    qglEnable( GL_TEXTURE_GEN_Q );

    qglTexGenfv( GL_S, GL_OBJECT_PLANE, din->lightProjection[3].ToFloatPtr() );

    idVec4 plane;
    plane[0] = 0;
    plane[1] = 0;
    plane[2] = 0;
    plane[3] = 0.5;
    qglTexGenfv( GL_T, GL_OBJECT_PLANE, plane.ToFloatPtr() );

    plane[0] = 0;
    plane[1] = 0;
    plane[2] = 0;
    plane[3] = 1;
    qglTexGenfv( GL_Q, GL_OBJECT_PLANE, plane.ToFloatPtr() );

    .
    .
    qglDisable( GL_TEXTURE_GEN_S );
    qglDisable( GL_TEXTURE_GEN_T );
    qglDisable( GL_TEXTURE_GEN_Q );



    It was an old workaround but has tinygl these missing parameters sorted out ?. Code like this is scattered here and there.

    My principal issues for morphos D3 is the lag/overhead when you confront enemies as framerate goes really down ( some kind of cycle than happens in fight ). I think new tinygl kinda fixes that a little bit when shooting is done or enemy fire balls are throwed at you but still a lot of overhead: Seen some videos of Potato Doom3 for old PC's or AOS4 and really not an overhead is showed there.

    [ Edited by Cowcat 27.12.2022 - 12:05 ]
  • »27.12.22 - 13:03
    Profile
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    matt3
    Posts: 657 from 2004/2/10
    Quake 2 issues:

    When you go to the character skins to change them, all the text is gone and the skins are all black/red in color.

    The console prompt goes on and off with transparent.

    I have a PM 2.7 with a X1950 Pro Agp.
  • »27.12.22 - 15:18
    Profile
  • MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    Posts: 508 from 2003/4/11
    Quote:

    MoerBoer wrote:
    I've tried Doom3 port with latest TinyGL.

    Running it normal, it starts but freezes entire system when I click new game

    Running it with doom3 r_renderer ARB, I get the strange thing other people also get where you just get the game console. I figured out by typing timedemo 1 , it loads the menu.


    I'm not super sure that this is related to the latest TinyGL update. Just to be sure, what hardware did you test this on, in particular which GPU?
    I rarely log in to MorphZone which means that I often miss private messages sent on here. If you wish to contact me, please email me at [username]@asgaard.morphos-team.net, where [username] is my username here on MorphZone.
  • »28.12.22 - 07:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    Posts: 508 from 2003/4/11
    Quote:

    Cowcat wrote:
    Quote:

    Fixing that at least makes the ARB2 renderer in Doom 3 look a lot better, although I think there are still some issues that need fixing.



    @Bigfoot It means that you have D3 with the ARB2 render working ?


    Sort of. I mean, it runs, it renders, but there are definitely issues with shadows around the start area at least, and it's also very, very slow.

    issues: Besides a bunch of those, yep maybe going in-out a scene with some cubemap used as for example the skymap view through a window, you notice the lag/overhead there.

    @MoerBoer:

    Could be anything. Going back to r_usedrawinteraction0 option fixes the crash with ARB renderer ?

    Those "WARNING:" here and there "could" happen randomly, besides the tinygl changes. Try from cold reboots a couple of times.

    However, for BigFoot again:

    Quote:

    Cowcat wrote:
    Some of the TexGenfv uses have only one of their parameters enabled as I do in draw_arb.cpp

    Code:
    GL_SelectTexture( 2 );
    qglEnable( GL_TEXTURE_GEN_S );
    qglTexGenfv( GL_S, GL_OBJECT_PLANE, din->lightProjection[3].ToFloatPtr() );
    .
    .
    qglDisable( GL_TEXTURE_GEN_S );


    But for old ATI drivers (in the old id Doom3 sources) they did this:

    Code:
    GL_SelectTexture( 2 );

    qglEnable( GL_TEXTURE_GEN_S );
    qglEnable( GL_TEXTURE_GEN_T );
    qglEnable( GL_TEXTURE_GEN_Q );

    qglTexGenfv( GL_S, GL_OBJECT_PLANE, din->lightProjection[3].ToFloatPtr() );

    idVec4 plane;
    plane[0] = 0;
    plane[1] = 0;
    plane[2] = 0;
    plane[3] = 0.5;
    qglTexGenfv( GL_T, GL_OBJECT_PLANE, plane.ToFloatPtr() );

    plane[0] = 0;
    plane[1] = 0;
    plane[2] = 0;
    plane[3] = 1;
    qglTexGenfv( GL_Q, GL_OBJECT_PLANE, plane.ToFloatPtr() );

    .
    .
    qglDisable( GL_TEXTURE_GEN_S );
    qglDisable( GL_TEXTURE_GEN_T );
    qglDisable( GL_TEXTURE_GEN_Q );



    It was an old workaround but has tinygl these missing parameters sorted out ?. Code like this is scattered here and there.


    When the new fixed-function-as-shaders pipeline is active, ie for R300 and newer currently, then all texgen options, without limitations, should be working.

    Quote:

    Cowcat wrote:
    My principal issues for morphos D3 is the lag/overhead when you confront enemies as framerate goes really down ( some kind of cycle than happens in fight ). I think new tinygl kinda fixes that a little bit when shooting is done or enemy fire balls are throwed at you but still a lot of overhead: Seen some videos of Potato Doom3 for old PC's or AOS4 and really not an overhead is showed there.


    I will definitely work on some Doom 3 related optimisations in the future, so don't worry, this won't be forgotten.
    I rarely log in to MorphZone which means that I often miss private messages sent on here. If you wish to contact me, please email me at [username]@asgaard.morphos-team.net, where [username] is my username here on MorphZone.
  • »28.12.22 - 07:06
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    Posts: 508 from 2003/4/11
    Quote:

    matt3 wrote:
    Quake 2 issues:

    When you go to the character skins to change them, all the text is gone and the skins are all black/red in color.

    The console prompt goes on and off with transparent.

    I have a PM 2.7 with a X1950 Pro Agp.


    Which Quake 2 is this? And are you sure this is only with the latest TinyGL update?
    I rarely log in to MorphZone which means that I often miss private messages sent on here. If you wish to contact me, please email me at [username]@asgaard.morphos-team.net, where [username] is my username here on MorphZone.
  • »28.12.22 - 07:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MoerBoer
    Posts: 210 from 2019/10/15
    Quote:

    bigfoot wrote:
    Quote:

    MoerBoer wrote:
    I've tried Doom3 port with latest TinyGL.

    Running it normal, it starts but freezes entire system when I click new game

    Running it with doom3 r_renderer ARB, I get the strange thing other people also get where you just get the game console. I figured out by typing timedemo 1 , it loads the menu.


    I'm not super sure that this is related to the latest TinyGL update. Just to be sure, what hardware did you test this on, in particular which GPU?


    @bigfoot , yes, I'm pretty sure it's not related to the TinyGL update.
    I don't get this on my iMac G5 X600 (128mb)

    I get the weird problem on my PM Dual 2.5Ghz with 9600XT (128mb) card
  • »28.12.22 - 10:17
    Profile
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MoerBoer
    Posts: 210 from 2019/10/15
    Quote:

    bigfoot wrote:
    Quote:

    Cowcat wrote:
    Quote:

    Fixing that at least makes the ARB2 renderer in Doom 3 look a lot better, although I think there are still some issues that need fixing.



    @Bigfoot It means that you have D3 with the ARB2 render working ?


    Sort of. I mean, it runs, it renders, but there are definitely issues with shadows around the start area at least, and it's also very, very slow.

    issues: Besides a bunch of those, yep maybe going in-out a scene with some cubemap used as for example the skymap view through a window, you notice the lag/overhead there.

    @MoerBoer:

    Could be anything. Going back to r_usedrawinteraction0 option fixes the crash with ARB renderer ?

    Those "WARNING:" here and there "could" happen randomly, besides the tinygl changes. Try from cold reboots a couple of times.

    However, for BigFoot again:

    Quote:

    Cowcat wrote:
    Some of the TexGenfv uses have only one of their parameters enabled as I do in draw_arb.cpp

    Code:
    GL_SelectTexture( 2 );
    qglEnable( GL_TEXTURE_GEN_S );
    qglTexGenfv( GL_S, GL_OBJECT_PLANE, din->lightProjection[3].ToFloatPtr() );
    .
    .
    qglDisable( GL_TEXTURE_GEN_S );


    But for old ATI drivers (in the old id Doom3 sources) they did this:

    Code:
    GL_SelectTexture( 2 );

    qglEnable( GL_TEXTURE_GEN_S );
    qglEnable( GL_TEXTURE_GEN_T );
    qglEnable( GL_TEXTURE_GEN_Q );

    qglTexGenfv( GL_S, GL_OBJECT_PLANE, din->lightProjection[3].ToFloatPtr() );

    idVec4 plane;
    plane[0] = 0;
    plane[1] = 0;
    plane[2] = 0;
    plane[3] = 0.5;
    qglTexGenfv( GL_T, GL_OBJECT_PLANE, plane.ToFloatPtr() );

    plane[0] = 0;
    plane[1] = 0;
    plane[2] = 0;
    plane[3] = 1;
    qglTexGenfv( GL_Q, GL_OBJECT_PLANE, plane.ToFloatPtr() );

    .
    .
    qglDisable( GL_TEXTURE_GEN_S );
    qglDisable( GL_TEXTURE_GEN_T );
    qglDisable( GL_TEXTURE_GEN_Q );



    It was an old workaround but has tinygl these missing parameters sorted out ?. Code like this is scattered here and there.


    When the new fixed-function-as-shaders pipeline is active, ie for R300 and newer currently, then all texgen options, without limitations, should be working.

    Quote:

    Cowcat wrote:
    My principal issues for morphos D3 is the lag/overhead when you confront enemies as framerate goes really down ( some kind of cycle than happens in fight ). I think new tinygl kinda fixes that a little bit when shooting is done or enemy fire balls are throwed at you but still a lot of overhead: Seen some videos of Potato Doom3 for old PC's or AOS4 and really not an overhead is showed there.


    I will definitely work on some Doom 3 related optimisations in the future, so don't worry, this won't be forgotten.


    r_usedrawinteraction0 does indeed fix the crash.
    Just for clarity, the log wasn't really there to show the warning labels, and I should have made it clear that it just stops right after that on my PM 2.5 and doesn't happen on the iMac G5.
  • »28.12.22 - 10:18
    Profile
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Templario
    Posts: 532 from 2012/4/28
    Other game with visual problems is ANOTHER POOL.
  • »28.12.22 - 11:15
    Profile
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    ThePlayer
    Posts: 1068 from 2003/3/24
    From: Hamburg/Germany
    I was following this thread now for 2 month.
    And if i understand it right this new TinyGL won`t run with an RV5xx or RV7xx Card?
    i would like to help with testing it with my Radeon HD4550 in my G5.
    PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 running UWQHD Resolution
  • »28.12.22 - 17:56
    Profile
  • MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    Posts: 508 from 2003/4/11
    Quote:

    ThePlayer wrote:
    And if i understand it right this new TinyGL won`t run with an RV5xx or RV7xx Card?


    Everything in the R200, R300, R400 and R500 series is currently supported. That also includes the RV variants of those series. Please see the readme that's included in the update archive for a complete list.

    R600, R700, Evergreen and Northern Islands will be supported in a future update.

    Quote:

    i would like to help with testing it with my Radeon HD4550 in my G5.


    The HD4550 will unfortunately have to wait a little bit longer.
    I rarely log in to MorphZone which means that I often miss private messages sent on here. If you wish to contact me, please email me at [username]@asgaard.morphos-team.net, where [username] is my username here on MorphZone.
  • »28.12.22 - 18:52
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Posts: 91 from 2020/12/24
    @MoerBoer

    Quote:

    r_usedrawinteraction0 does indeed fix the crash.


    Indeed that disables the basic TexGenfv stuff.

    Simple: If a good amount of users get their display more or less OK with renderer ARB and r_usedrawinteraction0 enabled but as soon this one is disabled, things start to fall apart, well, something's going on.

    Even with renderer ARB2 enabled, TexGenfv is used in some places outside draw_arb/arb2 code as I wrote.

    [ Edited by Cowcat 29.12.2022 - 13:52 ]
  • »29.12.22 - 10:01
    Profile
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Stevo
    Posts: 888 from 2004/1/24
    From: #AmigaZeux
    Quote:

    bigfoot wrote:
    And there you go, yet another TinyGL update released :)

    The list of changes in this update is kinda short, but especially the texture solves a bunch of problems with various different games, both existing games and future game ports. Among the games now working again is Descent Freespace, for example.


    Nice going bigfoot!
    ---
    http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/logs/its_only_football.txt
  • »31.12.22 - 15:11
    Profile
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Posts: 165 from 2004/11/18
    Dear Bigfoot, your work is awsome!

    Just to say that Warzone 2100 is running great on my powerbook now !

    Many Thanks !

    [ Edited by acepeg 05.01.2023 - 22:18 ]
  • »05.01.23 - 22:17
    Profile
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    matt3
    Posts: 657 from 2004/2/10
    Quote:

    bigfoot wrote:
    Quote:

    matt3 wrote:
    Quake 2 issues:

    When you go to the character skins to change them, all the text is gone and the skins are all black/red in color.

    The console prompt goes on and off with transparent.

    I have a PM 2.7 with a X1950 Pro Agp.


    Which Quake 2 is this? And are you sure this is only with the latest TinyGL update?


    Hello Bigfoot,

    I'm using the latest version (created by you) I downloaded off of morphos files. I also tried and older version with same results.

    Yes, I'm running the latest version of TinyGL.
  • »06.01.23 - 01:30
    Profile
  • MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    Posts: 508 from 2003/4/11
    Quote:

    acepeg wrote:
    Dear Bigfoot, your work is awsome!

    Just to say that Warzone 2100 is running great on my powerbook now !

    Many Thanks !


    I'm glad to hear it! Thank you for your feedback :)
    I rarely log in to MorphZone which means that I often miss private messages sent on here. If you wish to contact me, please email me at [username]@asgaard.morphos-team.net, where [username] is my username here on MorphZone.
  • »06.01.23 - 15:24
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    Posts: 508 from 2003/4/11
    Quote:

    matt3 wrote:
    Quote:

    bigfoot wrote:
    Which Quake 2 is this? And are you sure this is only with the latest TinyGL update?


    Hello Bigfoot,

    I'm using the latest version (created by you) I downloaded off of morphos files. I also tried and older version with same results.

    Yes, I'm running the latest version of TinyGL.


    There are multiple versions of Quake 2 out there that run on MorphOS. To be able to reproduce and fix this one, I need to know which one you're using :) If it's available for download online, then please add a link to it.
    I rarely log in to MorphZone which means that I often miss private messages sent on here. If you wish to contact me, please email me at [username]@asgaard.morphos-team.net, where [username] is my username here on MorphZone.
  • »06.01.23 - 15:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    matt3
    Posts: 657 from 2004/2/10
    Sure, I'm using 3.21 from here:
    https://www.morphos-storage.net/?id=1692293

    Quote:

    bigfoot wrote:
    Quote:

    matt3 wrote:
    Quote:

    bigfoot wrote:
    Which Quake 2 is this? And are you sure this is only with the latest TinyGL update?


    Hello Bigfoot,

    I'm using the latest version (created by you) I downloaded off of morphos files. I also tried and older version with same results.

    Yes, I'm running the latest version of TinyGL.


    There are multiple versions of Quake 2 out there that run on MorphOS. To be able to reproduce and fix this one, I need to know which one you're using :) If it's available for download online, then please add a link to it.
  • »06.01.23 - 22:28
    Profile
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Templario
    Posts: 532 from 2012/4/28
    Quote:

    acepeg escribió:
    Dear Bigfoot, your work is awsome!

    Just to say that Warzone 2100 is running great on my powerbook now !

    Many Thanks !

    [ Edited by acepeg 05.01.2023 - 22:18 ]


    Do you haven't problems with the AL to open sound files? also I have problems with txt files missiings, I donwloaded the last version from MorphOS Storage, the game is loaded but without sound in my PowerBook.
  • »07.01.23 - 10:35
    Profile