OWB v1.25/JIT - some ebay pages don't react to mouse events
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote:
    Recaptcha gives you a better rating when you are simultaneously logged into Google services. Next time you have to use recaptcha, this might be worth trying out.

I tried that now, but didn't see any difference if I'm logged in Google or not.

And I haven't been logged into Google on OSX/TenFourFox or Linux/Firefox either, but they still do work fine with reCAPTCHA.
  • »13.11.19 - 15:32
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

jPV wrote:I tried that now, but didn't see any difference if I'm logged in Google or not. And I haven't been logged into Google on OSX/TenFourFox or Linux/Firefox either, but they still do work fine with reCAPTCHA.

That's my point, it's not being logged into Google Services that's going to make any difference - it's fixing OWB!
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »13.11.19 - 18:31
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Additional to the reCAPTCHA issue, I have noticed over the past few days that Amazon.co.uk's webpages have been modified, so items searched for don't show their images, just squat empty oblongs (like placeholders) with click-able text under the box, which when accessed revert to images embedded amongst text and other fields (normal modern webpage) - it is just the search parameters that are virtually unviewable with OWB now. Yet another issue to solve, sadly. :-(

[ Edited by NewSense 16.11.2019 - 01:04 ]
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »16.11.19 - 01:00
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    More incompatibilities with OWB, sadly. :-(

Even Wayback Machine - Web Archive website now loads with a header asking for a donation that you cannot close with the 'x' in the top right-most corner, though you can move it out of the way for the time being by clicking on the 'Maybe later' option.

The option to donate, which I tried to complete, does not load as intended as the payment options should have 6 boxes with various payment options in them, but only 2 boxes load and all the payment options are in those 2 boxes, one laid above the other, but not triggered when clicked on using OWB. No spoofing options make any difference of any note AFAIK.

Also, when you complete a search on the website it loads a list of matches, that are listed as a long column that extends down the page, and should automatically extend when the bottom of the visible list is reached, but it does not do this any more with this latest version of the website. It used to with their previous website layout/code, but as with many sites over recent months it seems OWB is now incapable of viewing such web-pages as their site owners' intend it to be seen/utilised.

This is a great website for archived websites and even downloads, that are unavailable by any other means AFAIK, but is somewhat limited in use for us ATM, until OWB is fixed.
  • »29.11.19 - 23:41
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Daff
    Now Paypal website want a additional verification with recaptcha... and it doesn't work with Odyssey 1.26.

I tried with Firefox 51 and iPad spoofing option, with or without cookies/localstorage but with no luck.

And you all, can you access to your Paypal account?

Best regards
    Obligement - L'Amiga au maximum
    http://obligement.free.fr
  • »02.12.19 - 14:53
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I am still using OWB v1.25 - and .... it w o r k s with PayPal - NO reCAPTCHA is generated.

In fact, using OWB v1.25 with ebay I can even use most of the ebay again - it seems OWB v1.26 is causing some sites to request the reCAPTCHA security question(s) and remember to ask for a reCAPTCHA question via the cookies that are saved for some sites wheras OWB v1.25 is NOT
  • »03.12.19 - 04:35
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    I noticed on some other computer, that reCAPTCHA doesn't ask for the image recognition if you've answered to it correctly earlier. Maybe it saves the result to a cookie and if you haven't set the browser to forget them, it's enough to stop reCAPTCHA being triggered? So, if this still works on anyone, maybe it'd be a good idea to make a backup of your old cookie file :) In 1.26 you have the private browsing enabled by default, so it may forget the cookies?
  • »03.12.19 - 05:44
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Daff
    With a "fresh" OWB 1.26, directly copied from the MOS 3.12 ISO, the recaptcha still here and I can't resolve it/enter the site.

Same problem with my "used" OWB 1.26 and with a fresh OWB 1.25 with no cookies/localstore (apartthe new created by Paypal).

I also tried Paypal.de/Paypal.com/Paypal.fr, but same problem.

I continue the search... :-)
  • »03.12.19 - 07:16
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    If you have an old backup of OWB:conf/cookies.db from a time where you have been registered to PayPal, install it back and try this URL:
    https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/summary

No captcha will appear and you will be asked to sign-in........

If you only use www.paypal.com, wellcome-screen will flash up and erased immediately..........and nothing else happens....

[ Editiert durch Amigaharry2 03.12.2019 - 13:07 ]
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »03.12.19 - 12:06
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Brumiga
    With morphos 3.12 owb 1.26 always start in private browsing mode. Is it possible to run it other than in private browsing mode via an environment variable ?

Brumiga
  • »03.12.19 - 13:51
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Daff
    Amigaharry: thanks for yours tipsbut it doesn't work. The page https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/summary is loaded, I enter my login/password, but right after the recaptcha is displayed. So I need the right cookies. :-)

For the "wellcome-screen which flash up and erased immediately", there is a solution: load the www.paypal.com website and stop it only 1 second after (with the stop button of Odyssey). Then, you will be able to clic on the "connection" button of www.paypal.com.
  • »04.12.19 - 06:21
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Thank you - that trick works fine and in my case login appears (due to the right cookie?) with no captcha!
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »04.12.19 - 07:56
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Could it be more bad news, possibly. :-(

- Yahoo Groups is inaccessible with OWB - with whichever 'spoofing' you choose from OWB's list, as there is a short message in the top right corner of the Yahoo Groups page ... that reads ... 'Upgrade your browser with the best of Yahoo'

The conversation pages are not possible to reply to from the message in the groups pages with OWB, as there is no REPLY option visible to click on, so this maybe yet another issue for OWB to be fixed for with any future OWB upgrade/release.

Though having said that I then went and used one of my other OS systems and that too did not show the 'Reply' option, so maybe it is something to do with Yahoo being in the process of removing the files from the groups section, and this is part of this section of Yahoo being on hold until the changeover is complete.

So, maybe it will worth checking back after 14 December 2019 to see how things are then. ;-)

[ Edited by NewSense 07.12.2019 - 07:58 ]
  • »07.12.19 - 01:42
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    More limitations with OWB v1.25 (MorphOS 3.11) - Non JIT version. :-(

Making a payment through ebay, onto the payment page does not trigger the 'radio-button' unless you 'spoof' as something other than OWB, such as, Safari 10.0.3, which when the page is reloaded then triggers the radio button to access the payment options.

When loading a Google search result with the default 'Odyssey Web Browser' only loads a textual results page, but again if you use the 'spoof' option, such as, Safari 10.0.3, it then loads the graphical (images) results page

1-Feb-2020

*UPDATE* - PayPal and ebay have now changed their login and page link code so that you cannot see transactions and in any case have great difficulty logging in using OWB v1.25, as you have to swap from 'spoofing' as Safari 10.0.3 to activate the link, and then swap to Internet Explorer 11 to actually get a compatible security login option, similar to reCaptcha, to get into an account, only to be 'thwarted' by then being unable to access any of the transactions in the Summary pages by any option of 'spoofing' as far as my efforts have got nowhere so far.

OWB needs fixing NOW ! for any useful real-world practical web-browsing useability, from my experience.

[ Edited by NewSense 01.02.2020 - 16:52 ]
  • »31.01.20 - 16:29
  • ASiegel
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    OWB needs fixing NOW ! for any useful real-world practical web-browsing useability, from my experience.

It won't get any updates that you would consider to be acceptable. Odyssey will continue to receive various updates, whether you appreciate them or not, but it is not likely it will be adapted to work with a brand new Webkit version since Jacek plans to write a new web browser instead.

I am writing this upfront before you might post comments in the future about how the next MorphOS bugfix release is a massive disappoinment due to a missing complete web browser rewrite, which nobody had announced would be included.
  • »01.02.20 - 20:17
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    André, I really appreciate you updating me/us promptly with this latest information, which I obviously wasn't aware of.

The last I heard from Jacek was that he would be working on the available WebKit code to implement a more up-to-date version that we can all enjoy using, and I am fully aware that even that was going to be no simple undertaking anyway.

Is there any indication, even at what I suppose are very early development days, as to the time this is expected to take, i.e. 6 months 1 year, longer than that?
  • »01.02.20 - 21:35
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I really appreciate you updating me/us promptly with this latest information,
    > which I obviously wasn't aware of. The last I heard from Jacek was that he
    > would be working on the available WebKit code to implement a more up-to-date
    > version [...]. Is there any indication, even at what I suppose are very early
    > development days, as to the time this is expected to take [...]?

See comments #21, #22 and #24.
  • »01.02.20 - 22:32
  • ASiegel
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    André, I really appreciate you updating me/us promptly with this latest information, which I obviously wasn't aware of.

Jacek wrote about this in July last year: Note on Odyssey

I reminded / informed you about the content of Jacek"s post in November last year. Just go to the first page of this discussion and you can read it. You replied to my comment.

Quote:

Is there any indication, even at what I suppose are very early development days, as to the time this is expected to take, i.e. 6 months 1 year, longer than that?

I do not know.
  • »01.02.20 - 22:34
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ ASiegel

I rememberr that, I just didn't pick up on the change that Jacek was going to have to create a totally new base of code from scratch to bring us a new Web-Browser. I thought when he mentioned WebCore that this was the later Leopard WebKit release with more up to date PPC legacy instructions that would work correctly with our mainly Apple based PPC hardware. Thanks for pointing this out though. ;-)

[ Edited by NewSense 02.02.2020 - 06:06 ]
  • »02.02.20 - 06:06
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Jacek was going to have to create a totally new base of code from scratch

As I understand he wants to port current WebKit/WebCore, not create anything from scratch.

> I thought when he mentioned WebCore that this was the later Leopard WebKit
    > release with more up to date PPC legacy instructions

WebKit/WebCore is written in high-level language, so both Leopard-WebKit and Jacek's planned WebKit/WebCore port are less about PPC instructions than about turning little-endian code into big-endian or endian-agnostic code.
  • »02.02.20 - 13:19
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    ernsteiswuerfel
    Speaking of WebKit, recent webkit-gtk-2.26.x seems a lot more ppc friendly! I am running it via epiphany browser on the G4 DP (Void Linux) since a while. No crashes and no graphical glitches so far as it has been the case with webkit-gtk-2.24.x. Youtube playback (libvpx? gstreamer?) is of course another thing...

But most probably the devs already noticed. ;-)
    Talos II. [Gentoo Linux] | PMac G5 11,2. PMac G4 3,6. PBook G4 5,8. [MorphOS 3.18 / Gentoo Linux] | Vampire V4 SA [ApolloOS / Amiga OS 3.2.2]
  • »06.02.20 - 14:02
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Templario
    And this is speak, with AmiSSL it will works?
  • »07.02.20 - 15:49
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > And this is speak, with AmiSSL it will works?

Odyssey doesn't use AmiSSL. And I somehow doubt that Jacek's browser will use it either.
  • »07.02.20 - 18:55
  • ASiegel
    Quote:

ernsteiswuerfel wrote:
    Speaking of WebKit, recent webkit-gtk-2.26.x seems a lot more ppc friendly! I am running it via epiphany browser on the G4 DP (Void Linux) since a while. No crashes and no graphical glitches so far as it has been the case with webkit-gtk-2.24.x. Youtube playback (libvpx? gstreamer?) is of course another thing...

But most probably the devs already noticed. ;-)

Apparently, you are correct.

One of the VoidLinux developers had this to say: "I think we're also the only distro to currently have working javascript on 32-bit PowerPC with WebKit, as I took care to get that patched a couple months ago."

Running Webkit from the second half of 2019 would be a nice step even if media files are not working. On MorphOS, you could always still run an existing version of Odyssey separately for video playback, etc.
  • »08.02.20 - 08:37