Hi!
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    I decided to check what is going on in the MorphOS world. Havent logged in for years, haven't done anything for years. Sorry about all the messages I missed here.

What happened? Long story short, wife and kids happened. Maintaining a house, 3 kids, and having time for a wife is not easy to combine with coding.
    1 + 1 = 3 with very large values of 1
  • »03.06.24 - 13:15
  • ASiegel
    Thanks for checking in. Glad you are still alive 😊
  • »03.06.24 - 13:26
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Papiosaur
    Hi itix,

Happy you come back here :-)

There is always development on MorphOS, you can see that on MorphOS-Storage.

I have a realized a package manager named Easy2Install linked to it (always beta).

MorphOS 3.19 should be released soon i hope. New TinyGL will be fine!

If you want realize some project, it will be very fine :-D
  • »03.06.24 - 16:05
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    I dont think I am ready to take any new projects now :-D

Maybe in the future if I have time.
  • »04.06.24 - 06:22
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Good to hear life goes well there itix! Are you still travelling a lot or more steadily in Finland?

BTW. could you PM your active email address to me? There could be some Saku related things to ask time to time.

New projects take lots of time of course, but there's always some smaller things to fix in MoprhOS itself if you'd like to get back into the hobby coding little by little when time allows ;)
  • »04.06.24 - 06:53
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Crumb
    Quote:

itix wrote:
    I decided to check what is going on in the MorphOS world. Havent logged in for years, haven't done anything for years. Sorry about all the messages I missed here.

What happened? Long story short, wife and kids happened. Maintaining a house, 3 kids, and having time for a wife is not easy to combine with coding.

Glad to see you around! As the kids grow you'll probably have more time, make them sleep early if you can :-) That way you'll have time to relax with MorphOS, even if you don't have much time to code.

FlowStudio is cool to develop from MorphOS, SDK is quite up to date with modern GCC and clang. Bigfoot is adding shader support. Jaca's Wayfarer and IRIS are great.
  • »04.06.24 - 12:44
    Profile Visit Website
    polluks
    Good news!
    itix & alfie: 2024 is saved :-)
    Pegasos II G4: MorphOS 3.9, Zalman M220W · iMac G5 12,1 17", MorphOS 3.18
    Power Mac G3: OSX 10.3 · PowerBook 5,8: OSX 10.5, MorphOS 3.18
  • »04.06.24 - 13:08
    Stevo
    And a big hiya from #amigazeux :-D
    ---
    http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/logs/its_only_football.txt
  • »04.06.24 - 16:34
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    Quote:

jPV wrote:
    Good to hear life goes well there itix! Are you still travelling a lot or more steadily in Finland?

BTW. could you PM your active email address to me? There could be some Saku related things to ask time to time.

New projects take lots of time of course, but there's always some smaller things to fix in MoprhOS itself if you'd like to get back into the hobby coding little by little when time allows ;)

I quit traveling and went back to the R&D department. More coding and less traveling. Visited a coffee filter mill in Minden, Germany, though :)

I'd like to get back to some minor MUI enhancements. But we will see...
  • »04.06.24 - 21:41
  • MorphOS Developer
    itix
    Quote:

Crumb wrote:
    Quote:

itix wrote:

Glad to see you around! As the kids grow you'll probably have more time, make them sleep early if you can :-) That way you'll have time to relax with MorphOS, even if you don't have much time to code.

FlowStudio is cool to develop from MorphOS, SDK is quite up to date with modern GCC and clang. Bigfoot is adding shader support. Jaca's Wayfarer and IRIS are great.

I have to re-learn how to code for MorphOS... I haven't done major C coding for years but I need it again for CUDA development.
  • »04.06.24 - 21:44
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

Crumb schrieb:

My kids are 10 and 12 now and still rather waiting for that effect to happen. No worries, it‘s probably best spent time with the kids, but time for coding…? Sparse, very sparse!

Anyway, nice to see you around here!
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »04.06.24 - 23:38
    Profile Visit Website
    Tcheko
    Quote:

itix wrote:
    I have to re-learn how to code for MorphOS... I haven't done major C coding for years but I need it again for CUDA development.

C coding is like bike. Once your learned it, you remember it. :)

Also, MorphOS is running in QEMU pretty fine if you have last gen x86 cpu. No way to register under emulation but if you don't have much time to spare, that's probably ok.
    Quelque soit le chemin que tu prendras dans la vie, sache que tu auras des ampoules aux pieds.
    -------
    I need to practice my Kung Fu.
  • »05.06.24 - 06:53
    Profile Visit Website