• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    KennyR
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:
    Not looking to get in any sort of flamewar here, but honestly I do not see a problem with Cloanto. If i were to rank questionable actions in the Amiga market, Cloanto would probably be in the bottom 2. I can only think of one instance that raised an eyebrow.

I could give zero craps that McBill let the Amiga brand expire and Cloanto picked it up. As a matter of fact, I can think of few other entities I'd rather see hold it.

Well, exactly. It's not as if Cloanto has amassed a huge native reputation for aggressiveness and acting in poor faith like Hyperion have. Hyperion's reputation for unnecessary litigation and self-aggrandising nastiness far beyond the needs of a hobbyist scene is unprecedented, and has done enormous damage to the platform as a whole.

Hyperion - and the centrepoint Ben Hermans - have been in and out of Amiga news since the late 90s. They sued Titan Computer because they didn't think they tried hard enough to market their games, and seem to have fallen out with Haage&Partner for a similar reason. They spent enormous time trying to convince people that Phase5/bPlan were putting logic bombs in their firmware and even longer spreading FUD about the legality of MorphOS... only to never sue it, because they knew it was a lie. They walked into the original agreement with Amiga Inc believing that that AInc would just go bankrupt and they'd walk with the Amiga name, only yo be held onto a settlement because Kouri died, and action that basically killed OS4. They have ex-partners who wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire. And current partners who would seriously consider not pissing on them if they were on fire.

Hyperion are absolute cancer. If they came out and claimed the world was round, I'd be seriously reconsidering the flat-earther arguments.
  • »31.12.17 - 14:56