What are you MorphOS users doing lately?
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    naTmeg
    Well my Peg2 died in January, so no MorphOS at the moment. Meanwhile i had some fun with javascript.
    A massive update of SAE is comming soon...
  • »19.04.16 - 17:12
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    asrael22
    Quote:

naTmeg wrote:
    A massive update of SAE is comming soon...

What's SAE?

Manfred
  • »19.04.16 - 17:35
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    connor
    SAE is this one: https://github.com/naTmeg/ScriptedAmigaEmulator

@ naTmeg: I hope you can have a working MorphOS machine soon again. Your tools are very useful.
  • »19.04.16 - 18:08
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    naTmeg
    @connor: thanks. i'm looking forward to get it repaired.
  • »19.04.16 - 19:08
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:
    @Andreas_Wolf & jPV

Thank you both. I'll try this when I get home. Looks like I missed or forgot those conversations.

Worked like a champ, sweet! Thanks!
  • »21.04.16 - 02:05
    xyphoid
    migrated to android, sorry! It's been months since I did anything. I may most likely categorize all my amiga equipment, and get rid of all. I may keep my macmini though.
  • »21.04.16 - 23:37
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

xyphoid wrote:
    migrated to android, sorry! It's been months since I did anything. I may most likely categorize all my amiga equipment, and get rid of all. I may keep my macmini though.

Just where are you located?
    I just noticed we are close to one another.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »22.04.16 - 01:59
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Just where are you located? I just noticed we are close to one another.

Didn't you know once?

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?forum=3&topic_id=8087&start=27

(Assuming he hasn't moved within Delaware in the last 4½ years.)
  • »22.04.16 - 12:23
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

Zylesea schrieb:

- A small program/app with the target group mommies and daddies from Germany and neighboring countries - will be mainly for Android, but a MorphOS version will come as well. MorphOS is my development system as it gets done with Hollywood/Cubic. Will most likely get called "Hurra, ich wachse!". Quite some code written, but still a good share to do.

Put a very first (MorphOS) version online: http://via.i-networx.de/HIW/about.htm
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »27.05.16 - 00:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • JKD
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    JKD
    Mostly missing my old Amiga PPC Tower and Pegasus II machines......my PB G4 is better in every way but it doesn't have the nostalgia factor..LOL
  • »27.05.16 - 21:54
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    SteveE617
    Pulled out my G5 after being packed up for a move. Installed a SATA to CF Card converter. Running 3.9 on a 32GB CF card.

Have spent a lot of time customizing Ambient as I'm not really fond of the Icon replacements found in Chrysalis.
    Steve E, BSOE, MIS
    PowerMac G5 | Dual 2.0 Ghz | 2 GB | 32GB CF | 9800XT
    AmigaOne x5000 | 8 GB | 1TB | Radeon 7770HD
  • »28.05.16 - 03:23
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

Zylesea schrieb:
    Quote:

Zylesea schrieb:

- A small program/app with the target group mommies and daddies from Germany and neighboring countries - will be mainly for Android, but a MorphOS version will come as well. MorphOS is my development system as it gets done with Hollywood/Cubic. Will most likely get called "Hurra, ich wachse!". Quite some code written, but still a good share to do.

Put a very first (MorphOS) version online: http://via.i-networx.de/HIW/about.htm

Hurra - ich wachse V1.0 is very close to call it finished (all 1.0 features are implemented now). Put a preliminary V 1.0 exclusively for MorphOS online: http://via.i-networx.de/HIW/about.htm
    --

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
  • »20.07.16 - 01:08
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

Zylesea schrieb:

Hurra - ich wachse V1.0 is very close to call it finished (all 1.0 features are implemented now). Put a preliminary V 1.0 exclusively for MorphOS online: http://via.i-networx.de/HIW/about.htm

MorphOS' exclusiveness got lost - it's now available as test version for Android, too (not yet in the play store though) from the google play store.
    DL: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.hethis.hiw
    Info: http://www.hethis.de/software/hiw/hiw_manual_de.html (German)

Now time to focus on the next project (that will not specifically target on German parents).
    --

• »17.08.16 - 00:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

jPV wrote:
    learning Hollywood... seems that I can achieve everything I need for my super secret project with Hollywood, it has progressed nicely over the last two weeks ;)

I got it mostly done back then, but then got busy with other things and been still improving and testing the project little by little. And then I also combined it with a MorphOS blanker written in C, thanks to Geit's simple blanker example source code :)

Sooo.. finally decided to release it:
    http://aminet.net/package/mus/play/RNOInfoScreen
  • »03.09.16 - 09:11
    Profile Visit Website
    Cool_amigaN
    That's what I like about you jPV, you are an avid/everyday MorphOS user, who took the extra mile and learnt some coding to provide rest of us with awesome little utilities to improve our experience. Hope to find the time and start with some hollywood tutorials from next year (think about it as new year's resolution :P)/ Cheers mate! Btw, long time we haven't communicated, everything good?
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »07.09.16 - 19:27
    Profile Visit Website
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:
    That's what I like about you jPV, you are an avid/everyday MorphOS user, who took the extra mile and learnt some coding to provide rest of us with awesome little utilities to improve our experience. Hope to find the time and start with some hollywood tutorials from next year (think about it as new year's resolution :P)/ Cheers mate! Btw, long time we haven't communicated, everything good?

Yeah, all good :) Heh... I've had some other tutorials in mind for some time, maybe I'll try to do them first some day :) Quickly thought I wouldn't know where to start with Hollywood tutorial, because it highly depend what you'd want to do, there are so many possibilities how you could approach things with it.

Hollywood's own manuals are excellent themselves. I think it's pretty enough if you read few introduction chapters from it, and then just have some goal and find&try functions you'd need to progress. Documentation gives examples for all functions and you can try them easily separately before adding them to your program. Just take small steps and try things out if they suit for you or not. I had Hollywood's HTML manuals open all the time and if you have any experience with (script) programming, you get hold of it pretty quickly.
  • »08.09.16 - 15:29
    Profile Visit Website
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

jPV wrote:
    Quote:

Update to 1.1 fixes http stream support and has better parsing for MPlayer.

1.3 released :)
    - User selectable background images (if you create some nice images and would like to get them included to next releases, please send to me!)
    - Optional drop shadows to texts and buttons when using a background image
    - Configurable colors for texts and buttons
    - Default images with alpha transparency to suit better with background images

And then also a new version of Chelp (thanks to M. Lunk for some ideas and feedback):
    - Cached descriptions are stored in plain text instead of HTML
    - Automatic updating of the cached descriptions
    - More verbose output
    - Wildcard listing of commands
    - Search option to list commands by a keyword found from their names or short descriptions
    - Update option to force downloading of a description
  • »24.10.16 - 13:57
    Profile Visit Website
    Templario
    Quote:

redrumloa escribió:
    Getting too quiet around here! What are you guys all up to with your MorphOS computers? Rediscovering any old games or apps? Working on any super secret projects? Start talking dammmmit! :-o

Playing to AskMeUpXXL and Amiga Racer.
  • »24.10.16 - 22:17
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    r-tea
    Quote:

Zylesea wrote:
    I am mainly busy improving my programming skills and am actually working on a three new Hollywood projects which I scheduled for this year:

- A simple artillery game. I always wanted to write a game, will be simple but hopefully some fun. Cannot say much about that as I am in very early development state.

Years ago there was a tiny game called WB Army I played a lot on my classic Amiga. Unfortunately that game woun't work properly on MorphOS.
    Would be great you would take a glance at that game while your work :-)
    Mac mini G4@1,5GHz silent upgrade + Xerox Phaser 3140 + EPSON Perfection 1240U
    Commodore C64C + 2 x 1541II + Datasette + SD-Box

I miss draggable screens... and do you? I know I'm in a minority unfortunately.
  • »26.10.16 - 22:47
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Playing old CD32 games, breaking up my G5 AND my Xeon system for parts to sell on eBay, arranging to buy an old G4 from redrumloa, and waiting for the P5040 based X5000.
    Oh, and working on my MBA.

Got a slight case of the 'its almost winter and no one will stfu (including myself) blues'.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »27.10.16 - 04:42
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

Zylesea schrieb:

MorphOS' exclusiveness got lost - it's now available as test version for Android, too (not yet in the play store though) from the google play store.

i just released "Hurra - ich wachse!" V2.0 which features the English language now, too.

English webpage
    Deutsche Webseite

[ Editiert durch Zylesea 27.01.2017 - 22:56 ]
    --

• »27.01.17 - 22:56
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I tried to input some data into this program "Hurra - ich wachse!" V2.0 and got to the point to enter a 'Year of birth', but the input '+' and '-' seem to be offset, in that the + or - for YEAR is above each digit input field relates to the field to the left of the one it is above, so you cannot input a specific year, just the decade, or am I doing something wrong, or can someone else confirm this situation?

Also, why is there no quit option? I can exit the program through Task Manager, but surely there should be a quit option in the program itself. If there is one then someone please explain where it is located to me.

[ Edited by NewSense 28.01.2017 - 04:22 ]
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »28.01.17 - 05:21
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > the + or - for YEAR is above each digit input field relates to the field to the left of the one
    > it is above, so you cannot input a specific year, just the decade

I can't confirm this. Works here as expected.

> why is there no quit option? I can exit the program through Task Manager

What about the close gadget of the program window?
  • »28.01.17 - 07:00
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

NewSense schrieb:
    I tried to input some data into this program "Hurra - ich wachse!" V2.0 and got to the point to enter a 'Year of birth', but the input '+' and '-' seem to be offset, in that the + or - for YEAR is above each digit input field relates to the field to the left of the one it is above, so you cannot input a specific year, just the decade, or am I doing something wrong, or can someone else confirm this situation?

It's offsett is teh year is not a 4 didgit year. I thought it's okay to keep it tha way because usually birthdays of children of this app are probably not before the year 1000. With a 4 digit year this should not happen. Date format is dd mm yyyy.
    Quote:

Also, why is there no quit option? I can exit the program through Task Manager, but surely there should be a quit option in the program itself. If there is one then someone please explain where it is located to me.

[ Edited by NewSense 28.01.2017 - 04:22 ]

It's designed for Android. And usually Android apps don't have a quit option (don't know why though...) and I don't wanted behave this app diffrenent than other apps. The MorphOS version is a 1:1 compile form the Android version, hence no quit option (but the window has a close gaget if screen resolution is higher than 1280*735).

[ Editiert durch Zylesea 29.01.2017 - 20:28 ]
    --

• »29.01.17 - 20:26
    Profile Visit Website