Senex
    Quote:

If we have to wait another year to see the next MOS update its all over for us.

I don't think so - we had several years without OS updates and are still here. And regarding those who can't wait to get the next update: Well, a theoretic solution would be to actually make us users pay for the updates - this way the MOS crew would be a bit more motivated to create a proper release from the current snapshot every now and then. But: If people would have to pay, they would expect support. And given that there are - how much? - maybe 1000 MOS users out there, that just wouldn't be worth it therefore, IMHO.

I don't know how many members of the MOS crew or any member at all gets paid for this. I'd guess just Ralph might see a Euro now and then, since of another well-known MOS developer bbrv once admitted on the BT2 ML that he does it for free. So I don't see anyone of us entitled to criticize what they are doing, how they are doing it and when they are doing it. They work on MorphOS out of idealism, personal interest and therefore mainly for themselves, it seems. So I'm very grateful that they have developed and continue to work on this very nice OS and share an update with us from time to time, no matter when - since they give me something I like to have but would never be able to do it myself. Thank you guys!
  • »23.07.04 - 06:33
    Profile Visit Website