Senex
    Hi Raquel & Bill - that indeed sounds great! Congratulations!

Although I'm of course curious to hear the company's name... :-)

First two quick notes:

You should supply some sort of a measure for comparison, i.e. "this process which took X seconds under the emulation you're currently using does just need Y seconds running natively on a 1 GHz Pegasois II/G4".

At the very least include videos showing e.g. the quick boot process or launching Voyager on a G4 (browser is ready the very next moment after double-clicking its icon). Since one of the most annoying things regarding Windows is no doubt the long time you have to wait until the OS or applications are ready to use.

[If you have still two, three monthes until that prime time, I'd pay David and/or Oliver some few thousand Euros (What is this compared to MorphOS going to be sold by a big IT company?!) to bring Voyager more up to date - you know it is a must to be able to access more than just Amiga websites; people need to do home banking, et cetera. - Of course you won't impress a Firefox-user, etc., but the average Internet Explorer- and Outlook Express-user you can show a browser (Voyager) and e-mail program (Microdot2) which is immune against Microsoft-related worms, et cetera.]

If there are any cool and meanwhile free "classic" games which did not have hit the custom hardware, i.e. are running on the Pegasos, include them. Some simple Jump&Run stuff, Galaga, Tetris-like stuff, etc. Since although the possible customers you are aiming at won't be from the current Amiga market, they anyway will ask for available software for this OS. So it's reassuring if you can point to Aminet. Furthermore several of them will remember such games (if on Amiga, Atari, C64 or whereever) from their youth and like to play such stuff again (in contrast to the current 3D ego shooters). And third: their wifes, girl-friends, daughters often prefer such stuff like Jump & Run, Tetris, Solitaire.

In any case include some skins and point towards the conficurability of the system settings and MUI - i.e. make them interacting with the OS itself as well to get to know the look & feel, the ease and intuitiveness to use it.

[ Edited by Senex on 2004/7/20 7:06 ]
  • »20.07.04 - 06:05
    Profile Visit Website