MorphOS is here, what about Genesi?
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    DethKnight
    since TechTV switched to g4techtv , I dont get the g4 network (unless I spring for a dish; or can get webcasts of it)
    shame really
    I am ; therefore you are
  • »24.07.04 - 00:03
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    poundsmack
    the screen savers will still do it......jsut have genesi contact them
    "Poundsmack, official morphzone thread creator" -LorD
    "Wanna be lord of the avatars." -JKD
  • »24.07.04 - 00:08
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MorphDelf
    I will promote MorphOS with or without v1.5 at my Amiga Show here in Norway. I will go further with it even, but then Genesi have to trust people and give them believe that MorphOS is actually getting updates.

People will ask about MorphOS. They will ask about it and I am going to sell MorphOS to peoples hearts at the show. But then I need v1.5 etc to show whats comming up etc.

And as Mikey060 said. I would love to pay for MorphOS updates! You can promote with saying that MorphOS is the FASTEST OS on this planet. Like Opera is promoting that their browser is the fastest browser.

I would love to help out Genesi for sure! For FREE! Free adverts on amigaworld.org Make posters and send them to me, and I put them up at the University here in Oslo and Trondheim.

bbrv! People would love to help you out. And you will win on this, get the community to support YOU! and we help each others. Just look at all the people here at Morphzone which is willing to pay, is willing to help you out. This is about this scene. The new MorphOSscene, which I feel is the old AmigaScene that was allmost destroyed 2 years ago.

I really want Genesi to become strong, but then you have to open yourself much more for your community.

Regards,
    Michal, www.amigaworld.org
  • »24.07.04 - 01:29
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    What I suspect may be the plan (just guessing- I have no real idea), is to encourage the MOS devs to port their apps to Linux to help support the ODW project- as IMO Linux needs commercial apps to fill in the holes, to make it a complete desktop, to sell to new users.
    Now on the surface, this is a terrible thing- but think about it- it will keep MOS devs around, and bring them in money- better than having them going to Windows! As long as they are doing MOS versions as well, then things are fine- if MOS loses apps, then it's all over for it!! :-(
    If the ODW project succeeds, then MOS can ride in on the back of it, and carry on being developed.

The only thing I really would like to see, is more boards being available for general sale, so we can keep MOS going ahead, and promote it, and even to promote the ODW on a smaller-scale. I realise the Freescale partnership is crucial to Genesi, and that getting them boards is top priority, but it would be good to expand the MOS community, and I feel Genesi would benefit too, as the MOS community is a very enthuisastic one! :-)

-Ants
    - Ants
  • »24.07.04 - 02:00
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    I'm fine, I realy am. I plan to do my best tomorrow at the show and will make the Amiga users that want to know just what MOS can do and is see the light. I have had quite a few people come check it out today while JKD and myself were setting up. These were other venders ect, and the interest is there. I cant wait fo the real show to start!!!!!
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »24.07.04 - 06:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MorphDelf
    I wish you all the best Acill!!!
  • »24.07.04 - 23:51
    Profile Visit Website