• Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Sprocki
    I won't hinder you and others to establish such kind of list. I just wanted to point out that when you cannot run an old application or game on MorphOS natively, you at least can run it inside UAE. This will always work due to UAE's high compatibility. So from my point of view a general note to try UAE in case a software does not run is of more value than a huge list with at least 8 side conditions (see itix' post).

This whole subject brings another idea to my mind: since MorphOS 2.x we have a boot menu like the good old Amiga has. UAE is open source, old Kick-ROMs are freeware. Although I'd rather like to see modernity and progress for MorphOS than being cluttered with ancient, unsupported stuff just for picking up a bunch of boys from oldschool, there could be a version of UAE integrated into the boot menu to let people run their old software some kind of "natively" by selecting this option in the boot menu. Think of selecting "Amiga Kickstart 1.3" inside the boot menu and getting the ROM animation then to insert your real world disc into some Catweazle-connected disc drive or selecting an ADF file from any connected mass storage device. Remember that when a software is that old that it doesn't run on MorphOS, you won't have that much of a benefit to run it inside an embedded UAE environment which you have to install at first because you cannot share data to/from it, anyway (besides being able to go on working with your usual applications).
  • »23.04.11 - 13:15