Step by step guide for installing WB3.1 on MorphOS.
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Waitsnake
    As I mention in the post #93 and #94 creating a few screens with their own background and assign them to different applications is a bit unstable.

I notice that I don't had any problems when booting from a 3.6 or 3.7 MOS-CD or when using a fresh install of MOS. But after I install the pack 3.6.1 / 3.7.1 I get these problems.

I don't know for sure if it is really related to the Chrysalis pack or if it could be still an issue of my hardware. Maybe you can try to repeat the steps and play a little with the screens creation to see if it is reproducible or not.
  • »09.08.14 - 09:52
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Waitsnake
    No, I have one with 64 MB.
  • »10.08.14 - 08:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    scrAb_
    Nice. Thanks to the contributions in this thread, I managed to install WB 3.1 on a blank hardfile.
    I went further and installed Amiga OS3.9 along Boing Bags 1&2 and Picasso96.
    At reboot, it shows a message saying that it "cannot open uae.device unit 3" and even if the
    installation of P96 and uaegfx went smooth, I only get PAL modes in "ScreenModes".
    I'm not really into E-UAE, so:
    A 68020 cpu with
    chipmem_size =4
    fastmem_size=8
    z3mem_size=32
    is enough to support P96modes?

scrAb_
    MacMini@1.5Ghz 1GB/DualBoot Morphos3.1/DebianPPC - Efika MX sb
    PowerBook 5,9
  • »12.03.15 - 20:23
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > even if the installation of P96 and uaegfx went smooth, I only get PAL modes in "ScreenModes".

Do you use the SDL version of E-UAE?
  • »13.03.15 - 07:10
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cool_amigaN
    Given that this thread has become alive again, I have a couple of questions:

1) What's the maximum floppy speed value on the config? Is it "800"?

2) Is it possible to add floppy sounds on latest e-uae jit v 1.0? If yes, what's the config entry and has anybody the .wav sound set uploaded somewhere?
    From what I read RuninUAE has such capability in OS4, so it must be doable in our universe as well, I suppose..

3) I followed the instructions how to launch an application inside UAE from Ambient (I am trying with PPaint 7.1c for AmigaOS 3.x) but I somehow failed to succeed. Just to get it straight, by choosing "Run in UAE" on the 68k executable, it will launch (my previously set up) full 3.1. environment which will automatically call the application I requested? And if I close the application (i.e. PPaint), I let UAE running on the background and choose "Run in UAE" on a different 68k executable, it will reuse my active UAE?
    Perhaps I have messed up where the scripts point to, will conduct more tests within today. However, is there any more transparent way of launching the classic application? You know, under a window which won't state UAE on the top, running a visible 3.x setup underneath etc..

[ Edited by Cool_amigaN 13.03.2015 - 12:52 ]
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »13.03.15 - 09:50
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    scrAb_
    @Andreas

Yes, the SDL version.
    I tried to run Work:Picasso96/Debug/CheckBoards, and it complain about missing board
    and suggests to "Start Monitor first".
    Right now I'm googling about it...

...and found that it only need to add "gfxcard_size=...." to .uaerc, so that
    it can detect a gfx card :)

done.

scrAb_

[ Edited by scrAb_ 13.03.2015 - 22:42 ]
    MacMini@1.5Ghz 1GB/DualBoot Morphos3.1/DebianPPC - Efika MX sb
    PowerBook 5,9
  • »13.03.15 - 11:13
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Norbi
    Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:
    Given that this thread has become alive again, I have a couple of questions:

1) What's the maximum floppy speed value on the config? Is it "800"?

2) Is it possible to add floppy sounds on latest e-uae jit v 1.0? If yes, what's the config entry and has anybody the .wav sound set uploaded somewhere?
    From what I read RuninUAE has such capability in OS4, so it must be doable in our universe as well, I suppose..

1. max 800%
    2. add to .uaerc floppyXsound=1 (X = 0-3)
    e.g.
    floppy0sound=1 -add sounds for df0:
  • »13.03.15 - 21:50
    Cool_amigaN
    @Norbi

Thanks, it worked!

If you have any idea for 3rd question, I would be eager to hear about it as well :)
  • »14.03.15 - 09:54
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Norbi
    Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:

If you have any idea for 3rd question, I would be eager to hear about it as well :)

Have you replaced the rexxsyslib.library (m68k)
  • »14.03.15 - 23:41
    Cool_amigaN
    Just checked, had on sys:libs/ version 36.23 (17/04/1991) and I replaced it with the newer v. 44.1 (25/12/1999) from my OS3.9 installation. I 've put the library in MOSSYS:Libs as well (the dummy was already disabled) just in case, but still no go :(
    If I click Run in UAE it gets me until it has fully loaded the 68k enviromed (3.9).. I 'll check my s-s for the uaercli command just in case btw and revert.
    The 68k executable you want to run (from Ambient) should be a mapped drawer by e-uae as a filesystem, right?

EDIT: Startup sequence on 3.9 is modified properly with uae_rcli in placed after LoadWB (and checked as executable under c:)

[ Edited by Cool_amigaN 15.03.2015 - 10:36 ]
  • »15.03.15 - 07:18
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Norbi
    I prepared for you adf
    You start euae with my adf, then run the script "test", which was lha archive
    Run the "test" in the CLI Morphos.
    If everything will be fine, it will start euae Preferences from the WB1.3
    file.lha
  • »15.03.15 - 16:34
    Cool_amigaN
    Tested, it worked :) Now what?

By the way, just to clarify, in the .conf file I should:
    1) Mount the AOS 3.9 installation like this "filesystem=rw,Workbench:sys:emulation/e-uae/HardDisks/aos" (NOT an hdf)
    2) Mount Ambient's drawer where my 68k exetubale I want to run is, like this: "filesystem=rw,Workbench:sys:emulation/e-uae/HardDisks/ppaint"
    Then right click 68k ppaint executable under Ambient and select "Run in UAE". That should load 3.9 and then automatically call the 68k ppaint executable. Do I get it right?

Also, a slightly different question, I want to mount a CD under 3.1 but want to assign the name of the CD I insert automatically (i.e. I want to display T0 if I insert T-Zer0 cd). I have added in my uaerc the following line "filesystem2=ro,CD0:CD0:CD0:,0", but that mounts my physical CD and displays always "CD" in 3.1, therefore the games don't actually recognise that they runs rom their actual CD (CD behaves just like a mount drawer). My 3.9 installation does it autocmatically but II need it under 3.1. because it's more lightweight whereas I use 3.9 only for uae Picasso modes (which is somewhat slower, especially for games).
    How will I do it? I should mess directly with 3.1. adding a device? Actually I haven't a CD drive in my A1200 so, I never went into this kind of trouble before..
  • »15.03.15 - 19:12
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Norbi
    It is easy

add to config euae
    scsi=true

Now you can use uaescsi.device for cdrom
  • »15.03.15 - 22:02
  • Just looking around
    Gerbinist
    Because I want to use the OS3.1 environment without the .hdf method and I want to do this entirely using MorphOS, I came up with the following workaround for the "stuck at 12%" issue:

Obtain the following three archives:

e-uae-0.8.28.lha
    e-uae-0.8.28-2.lha
    E-UAE_0.8.29-WIP4.lha

OS3.1 needs to be installed by using version e-uae-0.8.28-2:
    - Extract contents of 'e-uae-0.8.28.lha' and 'e-uae-0.8.28-2.lha' to the same directory
    - Rename A1200.conf to .uaerc
    - Place kick.rom in main directory (PROGDIR:)
    - Create HardDisks/Workbench in PROGDIR:
    - Add 'filesystem2=rw,DH0:System:HardDisks/Workbench,1' to .uaerc
    - Startup emulation
    - Insert 'amiga-os-310-install.adf' (Ctrl Alt F1) and start installation

During installation Installer complained about not having enough room for the contents of Fonts:

Back to the directory where E-UAE_0.8.29-WIP4.lha is extracted:
    - Copy the Harddisks/Workbench folder from the old to the new location

To get the contents of Fonts: to your Workbench directory:

- Startup the emulation from the newer version of e-uae and open a Shell:

Code:
    3.System:> df0:
    3.Fonts:> copy ~(Disk.info) DH0:Fonts ALL

The specified command makes sure to copy all content except Disk.info

On a sidenote:

E-UAE creates '_UAEFSDB.___' files randomly inside the Workbench directory. To turn this off, add the following line to .uaerc

Code:
    filesys_no_fsdb=true

Getting additional files to your OS installation should be a lot easier now ;-)
  • »07.03.17 - 14:21
  • Just looking around
    Gerbinist
    Somehow the contents of Extras: also weren't copied over during installation...

Besides copying over the Fonts: also do this for Extras:

Insert 'amiga-os-310-extras.adf'
    Code:
    3.System:> df0:
    3.Fonts:> copy ~(Disk.info) DH0: ALL
  • »07.03.17 - 15:15
  • Just looking around
    szopa
    Hi, I'm new user MOS 3.10, When i try install the workbench 3.1 on the hard drive , the installer hangs at 12%. I set everything like in this guide http://www.morphos-storage.net/Documentation/Tutorials/E-UAE_installation_on_MorphOS.pdf , I wish to run WHDload. Is there any solution?
  • »12.04.18 - 08:37
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > When i try install the workbench 3.1 on the hard drive ,
    > the installer hangs at 12%. [...] Is there any solution?

See comment #116.
  • »12.04.18 - 10:42
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    I read the contents of comment #116, and I am fairly sure I'd screw all this up at some point in the process.

It's a shame that someone hasn't come up with a more automated installation routine.
    I'd even be willing to pay for an easier, more integrated package of software (like Cloanto offers PC owners).
    OS4 users have it a little easier (still not perfect), and it's frustrating that the easiest way to implement legacy emulation is with a PC, rather than under an NG OS.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »13.04.18 - 19:37
    Stevo
    Well, let's be honest, there are way easier and seemless ways to install...no, use WB3.1 through emulation. But if you insist on using adf's, sure, see #116.
    ---
    http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/logs/its_only_football.txt
  • »13.04.18 - 21:58
  • Just looking around
    shaf
    it would be nice if someone created instructions for installing with E_UAE 1.0 (No GUI) it appears the .uaerc is no longer created but it is still looked for. I can't use the <CTRL> <ALT> shortcut <F12> with an Apple Keyboard connected to my G5 PowerPC (A1047).
    And never get the requestor for Inserting an ADF image.

I've also found that <CTRL> <ALT> Q function rarely works.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

Shaf
  • »12.09.18 - 15:15