Mac Mini 1,5Ghz with only 32MB Radeon?
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    True, but if we held strictly to a thread's original intent or even its overall drift, we wouldn't end up (as we often frequently do) exploring some really informative tangents.

Your posts are as exact as a scalpel. Their precise, factual, and informative. But even you occasionally return to a topic previously mentioned. You've faulted me on this before, but my reply while after your statement wasn't directed exclusively at you.

And you know, I am beginning to realize that your thinking is far more linear and precise than my own.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »04.10.10 - 04:26
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > if we held strictly to a thread's original intent or even its overall drift

You misunderstand what I say. I'm not talking about holding to the thread topic but about holding (at least in a slight way) to the content of the message you chose to reply to by clicking its 'Reply' button. That's a difference.

> even you occasionally return to a topic previously mentioned.

Yes, and I always reply to an older message where my new message fits, both contentswise and in a formal way (by clicking the proper 'Reply' button).

> You've faulted me on this before

Yes, there. And it's only now that I realize you didn't follow my twofold advice to use threaded view mode to see what I'm about.

> but my reply while after your statement wasn't directed exclusively at you.

It was in *no* way directed at my message you replied to, and yet you specifically chose to reply to it by clicking its 'Reply' button.

> I am beginning to realize that your thinking is far
    > more linear and precise than my own.

Just switch to threaded view mode and try to make any sense out of this discussion (or any other discussion where certain participants click random 'Reply' buttons or use the buggy one).
  • »04.10.10 - 05:41
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Cool I've never explored that option, although I've seen you mention it more than once. I'll use it.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »05.10.10 - 05:12
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Cool I've never explored that option [...]. I'll use it.

Threaded view is nice for better coherency, yes. But, as indicated, here on MorphZone there're currently some problems with this which prevent me from using it exclusively:

#1: Some people use 'Post Reply' button at the bottom of the page, which is faulty, i.e. generates a reply to the most recent message of the thread instead of the thread's opening message.
    #2: Some people use one reply message to answer more than one messages from different authors.
    #3: Threaded view mode takes some time to be displayed, especially with long threads.
  • »05.10.10 - 13:15
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    scrAb_
    > Rather: ...only a little above what Freescale rated them to do. And as mentioned by me in this very thread, 7447A is rated for the same maximum of 1.7 GHz. But in this context that's moot anyway because Mac mini G4 uses 7447B in fact.

I'm a little bit confused...Morph System Monitor shows 7447A/1500. :-?
    (just starting to move on in the PowerPC fog...)
    MacMini@1.5Ghz 1GB/DualBoot Morphos3.1/DebianPPC - Efika MX sb
    PowerBook 5,9
  • »05.10.10 - 20:19
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I'm a little bit confused...Morph System Monitor shows 7447A/1500.

Extensive explanation over there:

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6993&forum=3&post_id=77226#77226
  • »05.10.10 - 20:48
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    pampers
    Jim:

There was no problem at all with my overclocked MacMini under MorphOS and under OSX, with light and heavy load. You can ask Ruud how is the Mini getting on - he bought that for me.

I also will be overclocking my PowerMac. I've got spare processor board and water cooling, so hopefully at some stage in few weeks time I will keep you updated :)
    MorphOS 3.x
  • »05.10.10 - 21:12
    Profile Visit Website