Tabor
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    Posts: 10505 from 2003/5/22
    From: Germany
    > No USB sound options?

    OS4 lacks support for isochronous USB transfers.
  • »07.08.18 - 16:31
    Profile
  • Moderator
    Kronos
    Posts: 1882 from 2003/2/24
    Quote:

    redrumloa wrote:
    I have once again predicted the future.

    This board won't be for sale with a working OS4.1 port until at least 2018. Do you really expect people to pretend like a ~500Euro rpi level board in 2018 will be a good idea?
    03.11.15 - 13:21



    Want a t-shirt for that? ;)
    --------------------- May the 4th be with you ------------------
    Mother Russia dance of the Zar, don't you know how lucky you are
  • »07.08.18 - 16:33
    Profile
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Posts: 1338 from 2003/4/13
    Quote:

    Kronos wrote:
    Quote:

    redrumloa wrote:
    I have once again predicted the future.

    This board won't be for sale with a working OS4.1 port until at least 2018. Do you really expect people to pretend like a ~500Euro rpi level board in 2018 will be a good idea?
    03.11.15 - 13:21



    Want a t-shirt for that? ;)


    Yes!! :-D
  • »07.08.18 - 17:02
    Profile
  • Moderator
    Kronos
    Posts: 1882 from 2003/2/24
    That‘ll 50$ paid in advance onto the Bermudan account of Vaduz_try_to_sue_us Limited
    --------------------- May the 4th be with you ------------------
    Mother Russia dance of the Zar, don't you know how lucky you are
  • »07.08.18 - 18:15
    Profile
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Posts: 4856 from 2009/1/28
    From: Delaware, USA
    Quote:

    Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > No USB sound options?

    OS4 lacks support for isochronous USB transfers.


    Hmm, one upped them on that one, eh?
    MorphOS support (for isochronous USB transfers) is a little primitive, but it exists.

    I still don't get the idea of using a processor with so few SerDes lanes.

    AND, if they haven't produced 1000 boards, then I'd repeat my contention that they have purchased 1000 P1022 SoCs.
    Or else, why not rethink this cpu choice before moving toward production?

    And the OS4 team ought to get busy cloning our USB capability. ;-)
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »07.08.18 - 21:53
    Profile
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Posts: 4856 from 2009/1/28
    From: Delaware, USA
    Quote:

    Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > No USB sound options?

    OS4 lacks support for isochronous USB transfers.


    Hmm, one upped them on that one, eh?
    MorphOS support (for isochronous USB transfers) is a little primitive, but it exists.

    I still don't get the idea of using a processor with so few SerDes lanes.

    AND, if they haven't produced 1000 boards, then I'd repeat my contention that they have purchased 1000 P1022 SoCs.
    Or else, why not rethink this cpu choice before moving toward production?

    And the OS4 team ought to get busy cloning our USB capability. ;-)

    Quote:

    redrumloa wrote:
    Quote:

    Kronos wrote:
    Quote:

    redrumloa wrote:
    I have once again predicted the future.

    This board won't be for sale with a working OS4.1 port until at least 2018. Do you really expect people to pretend like a ~500Euro rpi level board in 2018 will be a good idea?
    03.11.15 - 13:21



    Want a t-shirt for that? ;)


    Yes!! :-D


    Somebody owes me chocolate (or beer, I can't remember), for that matter I can't remember who I bet on this with.

    Good prediction Jim!
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »07.08.18 - 21:56
    Profile
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    koszer
    Posts: 908 from 2004/2/8
    From: Poland
    Quote:

    Jim wrote:

    Somebody owes me chocolate (or beer, I can't remember), for that matter I can't remember who I bet on this with.



    Would it be pavlor? I think you should contact him ASAP.
    By the way - Kronos, did you get the promised chocolate?
  • »07.08.18 - 22:26
    Profile
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    Posts: 10505 from 2003/5/22
    From: Germany
    > I'd repeat my contention that they have purchased 1000 P1022 SoCs.
    > Or else, why not rethink this cpu choice before moving toward production?

    Maybe because a large sum has already been paid for the board design. This would be in vain and another large sum to be paid for another board design. Not that I think A-Eon didn't purchase 1000 P1022 SoCs, though.
  • »07.08.18 - 23:32
    Profile
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Posts: 4856 from 2009/1/28
    From: Delaware, USA
    Quote:

    Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > I'd repeat my contention that they have purchased 1000 P1022 SoCs.
    > Or else, why not rethink this cpu choice before moving toward production?

    Maybe because a large sum has already been paid for the board design. This would be in vain and another large sum to be paid for another board design. Not that I think A-Eon didn't purchase 1000 P1022 SoCs, though.


    Good point, Varisys' services aren't cheap.

    With both of these potential reasons I could see a relentless kind of momentum building to complete this "thing".

    Still, $500 for a dual core 32 bit 1.2 GHz board in 2018?
    Hard sale on that one.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »08.08.18 - 06:17
    Profile
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    bennymee
    Posts: 90 from 2004/4/14
    From: Netherlands
    Quote:

    tlosmx wrote:
    tabor is much slower than a pi3 ... suggestion from me. buy a pegasos2 ;-)
    Morphos, Os4, linux ppc, mol and good jit for classic speed all in one machine


    Pegasos is fine for Morphos, but it really gets old.
  • »08.08.18 - 08:41
    Profile
  • Moderator
    Kronos
    Posts: 1882 from 2003/2/24
    Quote:

    koszer wrote:

    By the way - Kronos, did you get the promised chocolate?


    Sure, all gone by now.
    --------------------- May the 4th be with you ------------------
    Mother Russia dance of the Zar, don't you know how lucky you are
  • »08.08.18 - 12:04
    Profile
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    BSzili
    Posts: 476 from 2012/6/8
    From: Hungary
    Quote:

    Jim wrote:
    (...)

    Somebody owes me chocolate (or beer, I can't remember), for that matter I can't remember who I bet on this with.

    Good prediction Jim!


    That's probably pavlor at amigaworld.net. By the way, shame on you for betting on a certainty! :P

    [ Edited by BSzili 08.08.2018 - 16:43 ]
    I see the jimmies have been rustled.
  • »08.08.18 - 15:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Posts: 1338 from 2003/4/13
    Quote:

    BSzili wrote:
    By the way, shame on you for betting on a certainty! :P


    Discussing a commercial product's viability and predicting release date 3 years ago had some people frothing at the mouth and in attack mode. People discussing it were called "apes" and other names. It was all pretty obvious to anyone employing critical thinking, but the rabid fanboys tried their best to shut it down. Those rabid fanboys have all quietly moved on one way or another. I'd say until next time, but I doubt there will be a next time. Looks like A-Eonkit will be dying on their own sword soon after swallowing a poison pill given to them by Hype. Hype is in death throes, doing desperation lawsuits and IP grabs. In the end likely only a wounded Cloanto will exist.

    My guess, but not making any bets at this point. Tabor was damn obvious though.
  • »08.08.18 - 17:30
    Profile
  • Moderator
    Kronos
    Posts: 1882 from 2003/2/24
    Quote:

    BSzili wrote:
    Quote:

    Jim wrote:
    (...)

    Somebody owes me chocolate (or beer, I can't remember), for that matter I can't remember who I bet on this with.

    Good prediction Jim!


    That's probably pavlor at amigaworld.net. By the way, shame on you for betting on a certainty! :P


    How did that PT Barnum quote go exactly?
    --------------------- May the 4th be with you ------------------
    Mother Russia dance of the Zar, don't you know how lucky you are
  • »08.08.18 - 17:47
    Profile
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    BSzili
    Posts: 476 from 2012/6/8
    From: Hungary
    What can I say? Touché! :)
    I see the jimmies have been rustled.
  • »08.08.18 - 19:00
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Spectre660
    Posts: 221 from 2015/6/30
    On page 18 of the following
    Link

    Quote:



    Re: A1222 (Tabor)

    Beitrag by Cyborg »July 9, 2018 13:14
    Our part is 95% ready, I would say. The remaining 5% will be polished, optimized and tested. A few things are missing completely, but this falls in A-EON's area of ​​responsibility.
    .

    [ Edited by Spectre660 08.08.2018 - 16:47 ]
  • »08.08.18 - 20:43
    Profile
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Posts: 1338 from 2003/4/13
    Quote:

    Spectre660 wrote:
    On page 18 of the following
    Link

    Quote:



    Re: A1222 (Tabor)

    Beitrag by Cyborg »July 9, 2018 13:14
    Our part is 95% ready, I would say. The remaining 5% will be polished, optimized and tested. A few things are missing completely, but this falls in A-EON's area of ​​responsibility.
    .


    The long knives are coming out.

    :popcorn:
  • »09.08.18 - 01:13
    Profile
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    Posts: 10505 from 2003/5/22
    From: Germany
    > The long knives are coming out.

    Hyperion director Costel 'Cyborg' Mincea has been shooting against A-Eon on os4welt.de for many months, and not just with regard to Tabor.
  • »09.08.18 - 14:53
    Profile
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    number6
    Posts: 337 from 2008/8/10
    Quote:

    Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > The long knives are coming out.

    Hyperion director Costel 'Cyborg' Mincea has been shooting against A-Eon on os4welt.de for many months, and not just with regard to Tabor.


    True. And against Amigakit as well.
    And the counterattacks to those statements from Amigakit are public record on AW.

    #6
  • »09.08.18 - 15:05
    Profile
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Spectre660
    Posts: 221 from 2015/6/30
    And while he was busy speaking other developers were apparently delivering the goods for the ethernet drivers for Tabor (Rene' Olsen) and X5000 .
  • »09.08.18 - 15:19
    Profile
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    Posts: 10505 from 2003/5/22
    From: Germany
    >> Hyperion director Costel 'Cyborg' Mincea has been shooting against A-Eon
    >> on os4welt.de for many months, and not just with regard to Tabor.

    > True. And against Amigakit as well. And the counterattacks to those statements
    > from Amigakit are public record on AW.

    If you mean Matthew 'amigakit' Leaman, the sole A-Eon managing director and the main A-Eon shareholder (50%), then this is what I naturally include in the term "A-Eon" (after all, there is no dedicated 'a-eon' account on amigaworld.net). If you mean the online store of Leaman Computing Ltd., then no, I've not seen Cyborg shoot against this.
  • »09.08.18 - 15:50
    Profile
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    number6
    Posts: 337 from 2008/8/10
    Quote:

    Spectre660 wrote:
    And while he was busy speaking other developers were apparently delivering the goods for the ethernet drivers for Tabor (Rene' Olsen) and X5000 .


    I think this thread makes it clear who was doing the work as well:
    Drivers for the internal network chip? (X5000)

    #6
  • »09.08.18 - 15:50
    Profile
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    Posts: 10505 from 2003/5/22
    From: Germany
    > other developers were apparently delivering the goods for the
    > ethernet drivers for Tabor (Rene' Olsen) and X5000 .

    Do you happen to know who wrote the Ethernet driver for the X5000?
  • »09.08.18 - 15:57
    Profile
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Spectre660
    Posts: 221 from 2015/6/30
    It is clear that it is A-eon but not which developer(s) is(are) doing the work for them for the x5000 driver. If it were public I would have posted it .

    [ Edited by Spectre660 09.08.2018 - 11:59 ]
  • »09.08.18 - 15:58
    Profile
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    number6
    Posts: 337 from 2008/8/10
    Quote:

    Spectre660 wrote:
    It is clear that it is A-eon but not which developer(s) is(are) doing the work for them for the x5000 driver. If it were public I would have posted it .


    Hence why I could only post the link and word it as I did.

    #6
  • »09.08.18 - 16:25
    Profile