Tabor
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    number6
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > I believe you misunderstood my comment. I'm referring to
    > the order in which the author listed the issues. That's all.

I see. Thanks for clarifying.

Please confirm (because I am using a translator) that the following info is correct.
    There was a question about # of Tabor boards produced prior:

From AP regarding an article for AF

Quote:

I was in contact with Trevor about an article for the AF and they definitely did not produce "massive" boards that are now waiting for the driver to be completed. There was a production run that went completely to beta testers / developers, more boards will be produced only after completion of the AOS4 drivers.

Courtesy AP and A1k

Additionally, please see Trevor's blog (today):

We are Amiga!

Note: Extremely recent info about Tabor and ethernet

• »23.03.18 - 13:07
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Please confirm (because I am using a translator) that the following info is correct.

I confirm that the translation is correct. However, I‘m not in a position to confirm (or dispute) the correctness of the contained info.

> There was a question about # of Tabor boards produced prior:
    > From AP regarding an article for AF [...]

As far as I remember, the story of the 1000 produced Tabor boards was reported as being told by Trevor Dickinson at AmiWest 2015. This may have been a misreport, I don‘t know. Or there is some misunderstanding between Trevor and AP.
  • »23.03.18 - 23:56
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:

As far as I remember, the story of the 1000 produced Tabor boards was reported as being told by Trevor Dickinson at AmiWest 2015. This may have been a misreport, I don‘t know. Or there is some misunderstanding between Trevor an AP.

That would be an awful big misunderstand. "We produced 5 boards for developers and beta testers" turning into "we are sitting on 1,000 boards" seems a bit of a stretch. Considering how much ridicule they got at the time, if it was inaccurate I would have expected someone from A-Eonkit to have clarified back then. That is, unless, they took over the McBill "on schedule and rockin" playbook.
  • »24.03.18 - 00:55
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    I have no doubt 1000 P1022 cups were purchased, and it seems quite likely that a significant production run of motherboards was made (a LOT more than 5) considering the number of the people I have talked to that have one or have been offered one.

Why WE are wasting our time discussing Tabor is beyond me. If our developers were going to support that platform they would (a) already have the boards (b) have announced is was a target...and (c) already be working on the port.

It's not our concern.
    We have our Macs, the Pegasos, the SAM460 and the X5000.
    I wouldn't buy a Tabor board at any price, even if it was two for one.

Personally, I want 11,2 PowerMac support, and if I can't get that I'll settle for the X5000.

[ Edited by Jim 24.03.2018 - 14:15 ]
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »24.03.18 - 02:03
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > if it was inaccurate I would have expected someone from A-Eonkit
    > to have clarified back then. That is, unless, they took over the
    > McBill "on schedule and rockin" playbook.

...or unless they thought leaving it unclarified would somehow strengthen their position toward Hyperion.
  • »24.03.18 - 13:46
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    number6
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > Please confirm (because I am using a translator) that the following info is correct.

I confirm that the translation is correct. However, I‘m not in a position to confirm (or dispute) the correctness of the contained info.

> There was a question about # of Tabor boards produced prior: From AP regarding an article for AF
    > [...]

As far as I remember, the story of the 1000 produced Tabor boards was reported as being told by Trevor Dickinson at AmiWest 2015. This may have been a misreport, I don‘t know. Or there is some misunderstanding between Trevor and AP.

Thanks for the reminder. Checked.

Quote:

It's our intention that we are building a thousand of these in the first run

quote source at approximately 21:50

I suppose "intention" is the keyword here.

• »24.03.18 - 15:11
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    >*My* main interest in Tabor is still learning how Varisys managed to squeeze 3 SerDes lanes and 4 PCIe lanes out of the P1022‘s 6 SerDes lanes and to overcome the restrictions of the SerDes configurations predefined by Freescale/NXP.

http://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?forum=11&topic_id=11137&start=758
    http://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?forum=11&topic_id=12151&start=39

>To this end, I‘m eagerly awaiting the publication of the Tabor block diagram.

>> if I can get [11,2 PowerMac support] I'll settle for the X5000

My spelling checker.

Hmm, yes, you have mentioned the issue regardinging the limited SerDes lanes before.
    Honestly, they just picked the wrong processor.
    And with this much time they could have corrected for that, unless....someone was foolish enough to buy 1000 P1022 cpus. ;-)
  • »24.03.18 - 20:20
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    roschmyr
    Quote:

Jim wrote:

Personally, I want 11,2 PowerMac support, and if I can't get that I'll settle for the X5000.

Showconfig.jpg
  • »26.03.18 - 11:21
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    Quote:

> quote source at approximately 21:50
    > I suppose "intention" is the keyword here.

I didn't watch or listen to this presentation back then (or any other time), so thanks for rechecking. Seems like there was some (probably unintentional) misrepresentation occuring afterwards, which many (me included) fell for ...and A-Eon didn't feel the need to clarify.
  • »26.03.18 - 12:59
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    I had X5000/20 and had x5000/40 and have a G5 Quad. im sure G5 Quad Morphos will kill the two A-EON overprized machine many times with same Morphos version and same GPU.
    by the way i will do a fast test try to boot mos 3.10 on my quad with radeonhd ... just for see if something will happen

A comparison X5000/40 vs G5 Quad same gpu Linux

X5000/40
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i57NZb9Q0UE

Quad G5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsB5xlLyZwE

take your considerations

[ Edited by tlosmx 27.03.2018 - 15:31 ]
  • »27.03.18 - 15:25
  • MorphOS Developer
    zukow
    Things for release and debug (builds for testers/devs before release, tied to MAC adresses) are compiled conditionally so You can't run MorphOS on G5 pcie as support is not compiled in. If You want, i can do some test on Pmac g5 pcie with MorphOS.
  • »27.03.18 - 16:08
    Profile Visit Website
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

zukow wrote:
    Things for release and debug (builds for testers/devs before release, tied to MAC adresses) are compiled conditionally so You can't run MorphOS on G5 pcie as support is not compiled in. If You want, i can do some test on Pmac g5 pcie with MorphOS.

That would prove useful.

And Andreas is completely correct, I know about the tester builds.
    From what I understand its quite a bit more involved setting up an 11,2 (we are spoiled by the ease with which the boot CDs work).
    Also, with an 11,2 you would need a NIC as the onboard controller isn't supported (sound would require a board as well).
  • »27.03.18 - 17:00
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    number6
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    Update:

>> quote source at approximately 21:50

> I didn't watch or listen to this presentation back then (or any other time),
    > so thanks for rechecking. Seems like there was some (probably unintentional)
    > misrepresentation occuring afterwards, which many (me included) fell for
    > ...and A-Eon didn't feel the need to clarify.

Clarification by A-Eon from 2 months ago (see 'Update' section):

https://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=42638&forum=16#813567

So, to summarize:
    2015: Quote:

2018: Quote:

matter of starting production

I would think the only update that might mean anything here would be:
    "we have begun production", which I have yet to see.

• »07.08.18 - 14:14
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Spectre660
    You might want to make sure that the onboard audio works ok under AmigaOS 4.1 before a production run as there is no other current sound option.

[ Edited by Spectre660 07.08.2018 - 10:53 ]
  • »07.08.18 - 14:42
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

Spectre660 wrote:
    You might want to make sure that the onboard audio works ok under AmigaOS 4.1 before a production run as there is no other current sound option.

No USB sound options? Yeah, with only one expansion slot intended for a video card, lack of support for the on-board sound would then be problematic.

Don't you have one of the development boards?
  • »07.08.18 - 15:17
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    I have once again predicted the future.

This board won't be for sale with a working OS4.1 port until at least 2018. Do you really expect people to pretend like a ~500Euro rpi level board in 2018 will be a good idea?
    03.11.15 - 13:21

[ Edited by redrumloa 07.08.2018 - 10:37 ]
  • »07.08.18 - 15:37
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Quote:

Spectre660 wrote:

No USB sound options? Yeah, with only one expansion slot intended for a video card, lack of support for the on-board sound would then be problematic.

Yes.
  • »07.08.18 - 16:15
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Spectre660
    It died just before the AOS 4.1 beta test began.
    Sam460ex also started giving problems around the same time so I opted to get an x5000 instead of replacing the Tabor at that time as I needed at least 1 fully working AmigaOS 4.1 System.
    Don't currently have time for more than 2 working AmigaOS 4.1 machines at a time .
    As the Sam460ex's is working ok now I have my maximum (Problem was the power supply.Tests ok and works ok with a a pc but not the Sam460ex).

Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Quote:

Spectre660 wrote:

• »07.08.18 - 16:18
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > No USB sound options?

OS4 lacks support for isochronous USB transfers.
  • »07.08.18 - 16:31
    Kronos
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:

This board won't be for sale with a working OS4.1 port until at least 2018. Do you really expect people to pretend like a ~500Euro rpi level board in 2018 will be a good idea?

Want a t-shirt for that? ;)
  • »07.08.18 - 16:33
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

Kronos wrote:
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:

Want a t-shirt for that? ;)

Yes!! :-D
  • »07.08.18 - 17:02
    Kronos
    That‘ll 50$ paid in advance onto the Bermudan account of Vaduz_try_to_sue_us Limited
  • »07.08.18 - 18:15