After 2 years of development, Airsoft Softwair, the hardest working men in code business, are proud to announce the immediate availability of Hollywood 10: Xcelicious. Hollywood is a programming language that can be used to create a wide variety of programs, ranging from games and GUI-based applications for desktop systems to mobile apps for Android and iOS. Hollywood's special feature is its support for retro platforms (e.g. AmigaOS, MorphOS, AROS) and modern operating systems (e.g. Windows, macOS, Linux) alike. It comes with a library of over 1000 commands and its functionality can be extended further through over 30 plugins which are available for free download.
Version 10.0 is a major update and comes with many new features. Here is a non-exhaustive list of what's new in Hollywood 10:
* Almost 100 new commands for lots of new programming fun!
* Text and font engine is now completely extensible by plugins
* Support for the macOS arm64 platform (Apple Silicon)
* Vector text objects are now supported
* Layers can now be grouped or merged
* Support for charspacing and linespacing
* Popup menus (aka context menus) are now supported
* New serialization modes for the JSON serializer
* Advanced console functions for creating TUIs
* Support for filesystem plugins
* Greatly improved joystick support
* Support for AmigaInput on AmigaOS 4
* MagicBeacon and Ranchero support
* Greatly improved plugin interface with user tags
* Custom vector brushes can now be used
* Advanced locale functions like date and number formatting
* Ready for at least three 10.0-exclusive plugins!
* Over 100 new pages of PDF documentation, 1272 pages altogether!
* Lots of other changes, optimizations and bug fixes
Hollywood 10 is the ultimate Multimedia experience and a must-have for all creative people. Hollywood is available on CD and as a download version. Both versions include Hollywood for all supported platforms. Buying Hollywood gets you a single-user license for all 16 platforms supported by Hollywood. If you already own Hollywood, you can buy a discounted upgrade version. People who bought Hollywood 9 in 2023 can request a free upgrade.
Hollywood is the ultimate bridge between all the different AmigaOS compatible platforms and the other three modern desktop systems, Windows, macOS, and Linux! Additionally, Hollywood also supports the Android and iOS platforms. A truly unique feature is the ability to cross-compile native executables for many different platforms including: AmigaOS3, AmigaOS4, WarpOS, MorphOS, AROS (x86), Windows (x86, x64), macOS (x86, x64, arm64, ppc), Linux (x86, x64, ppc, arm), and Android/iOS with optionally available add-ons. You don't even have to own these platforms in order to compile executables for them. It's enough to run Hollywood on one of the supported platforms and then compile programs for all the others! Only Hollywood makes it possible. If you want to learn more about Hollywood, please visit the the official Hollywood portal
which also has a forum for all questions concerning Hollywood.
All this makes Hollywood The Cross-Platform Multimedia Application Layer. Join the Multimedia revolution and get your personal copy of Hollywood 10: Xcelicious now!
This release was brought to you by Airsoft Softwair - the hardest working men in code business.