A new version of PortablE
has been released. PortablE is an AmigaE compiler, written from scratch in E, and able to compile itself. It supports Windows, Amiga OS3, OS4, AROS & MorphOS.
This release has focused on optimising PortablE, although other things were also done:
* Experimental MorphOS support
(for C++), including MOS executables! MUI seems to work.
* Modules provided by others
for AHI, CD_Play, FreeDB, MPEGA & some MUI bits.
* PortablE is up to 65% faster
* PortablE's memory usage has been halved!
Now similar to GCC's.
* MUI programs with custom classes can now be compiled by AmiDevCpp for OS3.
* Added emulation of AmigaE's ! (floating-point) operator
to the compatibility mode.
* FastNew is implemented using an enhanced TLSF algorithm
, greatly reducing memory usage.
* Programs produced by PortablE run faster
, and PEGCC produces smaller executables.
* Lists are now truely stack-allocated
, rather than being dynamically faked.
* Implemented the missing string formatting codes
(l, r, z, [w] & (x,y)) for C++.
* For speed, multi-threading support is now disabled unless you use OPT MULTITHREADED.
* Directory scanning is now much more robust on Windows.
* Improved documentation
; clickable links, added bold/etc & special characters now visible.
* More examples of portable code.
* Various bug fixes.
If you want to find out more, or wish to download it, then please visit it's home page: