MorphOS 3.3 Problem launching WOS-PUP-68k demos
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    _DaNi_
    I dectect now on MOS 3.3 demos from encore like "SULACO" or "BYNIGHT" full working on 3.2 mos don´t work now with mos 3.3 (i don´t know the problem) and with old app/demos too.

Any can test it ?
  • »12.10.13 - 08:18
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I dectect now on MOS 3.3 demos from encore like "SULACO" or "BYNIGHT" full
    > working on 3.2 mos don´t work now with mos 3.3 (i don´t know the problem) and
    > with old app/demos too. Any can test it ?

I tested both Encore demos on 1.5 GHz Mac mini with MorphOS 3.3. By Night works fine here in both window mode and screen mode. Sulaco doesn't work at all, regardless of the selected mode, and crashes the whole OS/machine so that I must reboot.
    I have tested neither demo with any other MorphOS 3.x version but I remember that both demos worked fine here on MorphOS 2.4 after they got an update to v1.1:

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?forum=3&topic_id=6550&start=22
  • »12.10.13 - 09:44
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    _DaNi_
    Yes andreas, with 3.2 mos i don´t have any problem with this demos 100% working but not with mos 3.3, strange. Bynight here STOP on part 2 and Sulaco don´t launch, i need to reboot
  • »12.10.13 - 10:04
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > with 3.2 mos i don´t have any problem with this demos 100% working but not with
    > mos 3.3, strange.

Yes, strange indeed, especially given that 3.3 is just a minor bugfix release.

> Bynight here STOP on part 2

I can confirm this. Machine/OS crash happens later on in the demo. I just didn't wait long enough when I first tried.
  • »12.10.13 - 10:22
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    _DaNi_
    Is very strange i think this release have broken? or a bug with gfx driver?.

BIGFOOT is the solution :)
  • »12.10.13 - 10:38
  • MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    I was able to reproduce the problem By Night and fix it. The fix will be included in MorphOS 3.4. I'm fairly sure the problem you've encountered with Sulaco is the same, but I'll try Sulaco as well later and make sure it's working.
    I rarely log in to MorphZone which means that I often miss private messages sent on here. If you wish to contact me, please email me at [username]@asgaard.morphos-team.net, where [username] is my username here on MorphZone.
  • »12.10.13 - 13:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    _DaNi_
    Thanks Bigfoot, you found the solution very quickly :) Is possible a solution on the fly or i need to wait for MOS 3.4?

Thanks, test "Sulaco" and "Giana Sisters" here have problems with 3.2
  • »12.10.13 - 14:53
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > The fix will be included in MorphOS 3.4. I'm fairly sure the problem you've encountered
    > with Sulaco is the same, but I'll try Sulaco as well later and make sure it's working.

Both demos work again with MorphOS 3.4. Thanks.
  • »14.12.13 - 17:47
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    _DaNi_
    fantastic notice, both demos now working but "yamagi" Quake2GL, QuakeGL and RTCW did lock up and i need to reset the mac mini i don´t know if the problem id for use the MorphOS update or if is working with a clean installation, can any test this 3 game ports with morphos 3.4?
  • »15.12.13 - 09:22