FinalWriter!
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    terminills
    Posts: 81 from 2012/3/12
    Quote:

    amigadave wrote:
    Quote:

    Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > Hopefully one of the members here that is proficient in programming and Reggae
    > support (perhaps the creator of the "advanced data interchange system" called
    > Reggae) will step forward and offer to help you add Reggae support

    Unfortunately, Reggae creator Krashan left MorphOS some years back.


    I didn't know (or I had forgotten, same thing to my perspective) that he had left. That is unfortunate to lose talented members of the MorphOS Dev. Team, and specially those who have created parts that make MorphOS more efficient.

    Quote:

    terminills wrote:
    The little bit I understand of reggae is it would help with memory usage as it's more efficient than datatypes. Other than that who knows.


    I would think that Reggae being more efficient with memory usage also means that it would speed up the opening of files that it supports within Final Writer, and make the experience as a whole feel quicker and more responsive (but I could be inflating my expectations of what adding Reggae support would add to Final Writer, or just stating an obvious benefit).



    Due to how efficient it is compared to more modern word processors. I don’t think you would notice it much on anything beyond the efika.


    [ Edited by terminills 14.12.2019 - 10:04 ]
  • »14.12.19 - 10:02
    Profile
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Amigaharry2
    Posts: 754 from 2010/1/6
    From: EU-Austria (Wien)
    Excellent!!
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »26.10.20 - 18:19
    Profile
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Posts: 275 from 2003/7/26
    From: Chicago, IL
    Very nice, how much?
    DiscreetFX
    Making your
    Digital Films
    More Effective!
  • »26.10.20 - 18:22
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    polluks
    Posts: 553 from 2007/10/23
    From: Gelsenkirchen,...
    Very good :-)
    Pegasos II G4: MorphOS 3.9, Zalman M220W · iMac G5 12,1
    Power Mac G3: OSX 10.3 · PowerBook 5,8: OSX 10.5, MorphOS 3.14
  • »26.10.20 - 19:44
    Profile
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    NewSense
    Posts: 966 from 2012/11/10
    From: Manchester, UK/GB
    Will Final Writer be able to save documents as a PDF?

    Will it allow printing by a user to a selectable "device", i.e. PAR: , USBPAR: ?

    Quote:

    terminills wrote (11-July-2015) : Not yet but we're much closer to me feeling comfortable setting a firm deadline. :)

    Ouch! That's a longer wait than I realised, as this thread started way back on 3-Oct-2012, so it's been underway for over 8 years already.

    @ terminills - Are you realistically near a completion/release date for Final Writer v7 for AROS or any other OS, including MorphOS?
    MacMini 1.5GHz,10,2,64MB VRAM,1GB,Airport, Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL+CD-RW,Iomega MiniMax,Belkin 6 port 3 x Firewire/3 x, USB2, MorphOS 3.12, Mac OSX 10.4/10.5, A1138+A1139 PwrBk MOS v3.12,Model 5,8/5,9, & PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP)
  • »27.10.20 - 00:50
    Profile
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    terminills
    Posts: 81 from 2012/3/12
    Quote:

    NewSense wrote:
    Will Final Writer be able to save documents as a PDF?


    Yes, it will. RTF has been updated to the final spec as well. I have many future enhancements planned based on how quickly I can recover my costs.

    Quote:



    Will it allow printing by a user to a selectable "device", i.e. PAR: , USBPAR: ?



    Yes you can print to selectable devices and PDFDirect support has been started but it'll take a little bit before I would say that is feature complete.


    Quote:

    Quote:

    terminills wrote (11-July-2015) : Not yet but we're much closer to me feeling comfortable setting a firm deadline. :)

    Ouch! That's a longer wait than I realised, as this thread started way back on 3-Oct-2012, so it's been underway for over 8 years already.


    Technically I've owned it since 2015. There has been many bug fixes due to old coding styles.

    Quote:


    @ terminills - Are you realistically near a completion/release date for Final Writer v7 for AROS or any other OS, including MorphOS?


    I would say there's a slim possibility of before the end of the year.
  • »27.10.20 - 09:52
    Profile
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    NewSense
    Posts: 966 from 2012/11/10
    From: Manchester, UK/GB
    Quote:

    NewSense wrote: @ terminills - Are you realistically near a completion/release date for Final Writer v7 for AROS or any other OS, including MorphOS?

    Quote:

    terminills wrote: I would say there's a slim possibility of before the end of the year.

    Are you meaning . . . the end of this year (2020) . . . or some other year? 8-D
    And . . . is that for the AROS version, or another version, all versions or some other scenario, specifically?

    Thanks for the info about printing to devices I asked about, and what sort of cost do you have in mind for it when you are ready for its full new release?
    MacMini 1.5GHz,10,2,64MB VRAM,1GB,Airport, Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL+CD-RW,Iomega MiniMax,Belkin 6 port 3 x Firewire/3 x, USB2, MorphOS 3.12, Mac OSX 10.4/10.5, A1138+A1139 PwrBk MOS v3.12,Model 5,8/5,9, & PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP)
  • »28.10.20 - 04:26
    Profile
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    terminills
    Posts: 81 from 2012/3/12
    Quote:

    NewSense wrote:
    Quote:

    NewSense wrote: @ terminills - Are you realistically near a completion/release date for Final Writer v7 for AROS or any other OS, including MorphOS?

    Quote:

    terminills wrote: I would say there's a slim possibility of before the end of the year.

    Are you meaning . . . the end of this year (2020) . . . or some other year? 8-D
    And . . . is that for the AROS version, or another version, all versions or some other scenario, specifically?

    Thanks for the info about printing to devices I asked about, and what sort of cost do you have in mind for it when you are ready for its full new release?



    Lol This year. :D
  • »28.10.20 - 13:02
    Profile
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    NewSense
    Posts: 966 from 2012/11/10
    From: Manchester, UK/GB
    @ terminills - I suppose 1 answer to 3 questions has to be considered a better response than none. 8-D
    MacMini 1.5GHz,10,2,64MB VRAM,1GB,Airport, Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL+CD-RW,Iomega MiniMax,Belkin 6 port 3 x Firewire/3 x, USB2, MorphOS 3.12, Mac OSX 10.4/10.5, A1138+A1139 PwrBk MOS v3.12,Model 5,8/5,9, & PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP)
  • »29.10.20 - 04:06
    Profile
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    terminills
    Posts: 81 from 2012/3/12
    Quote:

    NewSense wrote:
    @ terminills - I suppose 1 answer to 3 questions has to be considered a better response than none. 8-D



    Well, to be fair I'm not 100% sure on any dates, versions, etc yet.
  • »30.10.20 - 09:19
    Profile