FinalWriter!
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    terminills
    Quote:

zukow wrote:
    Quote:

terminills wrote:
    Well here's the latest screenshot which uses datatypes to load images.

:)

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w131/Kalamatee/FinalWriter2015-011_zpsod6xmzwn.jpg

Datatypes ... so outdated :) We use Reggae here.
    If You want to add Reggae to FinalWriter feel free to ask if something is
    not clear or check my internal reggae tester
    http://brain.umcs.lublin.pl/~rzookol/download/progressive_tester/

Using Reggae one has ability to get aspect ratio / dpi of loaded images which is useful in such applications.

I would love to support Reggae which in the future there's a good chance the MorphOS version will. However currently we're using Datatypes because neither AROS nor AOS4 have Reggae.
  • »24.08.15 - 13:01
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    terminills
    Beta testing starts for 68K and AROS X86 soon. You'll need a github account. PM me if you're interested.
  • »29.08.15 - 12:08
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    terminills
    Quote:

terminills wrote:
    Beta testing starts for 68K and AROS X86 soon. You'll need a github account. PM me if you're interested.

I started uploading the betas and hope to have them all uploaded this weekend.

Tim
  • »09.09.15 - 10:51
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    terminills
    1_FW-Icaros.png

Here she is native on Icaros... hopefully there will be a MorphOS native version soonish :)
  • »15.12.16 - 10:34
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Wow!
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »15.12.16 - 13:20
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

terminills wrote:
    1_FW-Icaros.png

Here she is native on Icaros... hopefully there will be a MorphOS native version soonish :)

That would be cool.
    soon...ish?

Two weeks?
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »16.12.16 - 13:00
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    terminills
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Quote:

terminills wrote:
    1_FW-Icaros.png

That would be cool.
    soon...ish?

Two weeks?

Are we talking biblical weeks or calendar? :)
  • »16.12.16 - 17:24
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

terminills wrote:
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Quote:

terminills wrote:
    1_FW-Icaros.png

That would be cool.
    soon...ish?

Two weeks?

Are we talking biblical weeks or calendar? :)

Amiga weeks. ;-)

I'm patient.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »16.12.16 - 17:36
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    polluks
    Indeed!
    Pegasos II G4: MorphOS 3.9, Zalman M220W · iMac G5 12,1 17", MorphOS 3.18
    Power Mac G3: OSX 10.3 · PowerBook 5,8: OSX 10.5, MorphOS 3.18
  • »29.10.19 - 19:00
  • MorphOS Developer
    zukow
    @terminills

Do you plan to add some plugin system to the FW? I would add some Reggae related support as Reggae supports for example DPI metadata and datatypes don't
  • »29.10.19 - 19:33
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    terminills
    Quote:

zukow wrote:
    @terminills

Do you plan to add some plugin system to the FW? I would add some Reggae related support as Reggae supports for example DPI metadata and datatypes don't

That's for a future release as the current plugin API is very minimal.
  • »30.10.19 - 11:22
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    terminills
    Quote:

terminills wrote:
    Quote:

zukow wrote:
    @terminills

Updating the menu layout.

2NkGvST
  • »05.11.19 - 19:20
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    terminills
    Quote:

terminills wrote:
    Quote:

terminills wrote:
    Quote:

zukow wrote:
    @terminills

Updating the menu layout.

2NkGvST

Updated About page including open source credits. :)
  • »15.11.19 - 17:27
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Can't wait when it's available for MorphOS.....
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »15.11.19 - 19:39
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Seems to getting along very nicely at the moment. ;-)

Have you any estimate for completing it all, or will it be AROS first, and then ...???-OS ... next, etc.? :-?
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »15.11.19 - 19:49
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    terminills
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:

Have you any estimate for completing it all, or will it be AROS first, and then ...???-OS ... next, etc.? :-?

Sorry for the delayed response. So I'm hoping to see life on MorphOS sooner rather than later. However the main development branch currently is for AROS.
  • »22.11.19 - 10:35
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

terminills wrote:
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:

Sorry for the delayed response. So I'm hoping to see life on MorphOS sooner rather than later. However the main development branch currently is for AROS.

Is there any beta testing help that us MorphOS users can offer that will speed up a release for MorphOS, or do you already have all the MorphOS beta testers that you need?

Also, would it be possible for a MorphOS user who is skilled in Reggae coding to add Reggae support to Final Writer for MorphOS, or must that be done only by yourself?

Looking forward to being able to use Final Writer in its upgraded form on MorphOS in the near future, and thanks for resurrecting this Amiga software from the grave and giving it new life.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »22.11.19 - 14:17
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    terminills
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    Quote:

terminills wrote:
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:

Is there any beta testing help that us MorphOS users can offer that will speed up a release for MorphOS, or do you already have all the MorphOS beta testers that you need?

Also, would it be possible for a MorphOS user who is skilled in Reggae coding to add Reggae support to Final Writer for MorphOS, or must that be done only by yourself?

Looking forward to being able to use Final Writer in its upgraded form on MorphOS in the near future, and thanks for resurrecting this Amiga software from the grave and giving it new life.

There's no beta testing for MorphOS yet as there's no binary yet. :D As for adding Reggae support I'm a huge Bob Marle.... oh you mean the advanced data interchange system that MorphOS uses. I would love to say 100%, yes but that's beyond my abilities. So either I would need a MorphOS developer interested in adding the support or information needed to enhance the existing plugin system to be able to cope with it.
  • »25.11.19 - 18:52
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

terminills wrote:
    There's no beta testing for MorphOS yet as there's no binary yet. :D As for adding Reggae support I'm a huge Bob Marle.... oh you mean the advanced data interchange system that MorphOS uses. I would love to say 100%, yes but that's beyond my abilities. So either I would need a MorphOS developer interested in adding the support or information needed to enhance the existing plugin system to be able to cope with it.

Hopefully one of the members here that is proficient in programming and Reggae support (perhaps the creator of the "advanced data interchange system" called Reggae) will step forward and offer to help you add Reggae support to Final Writer. I know that many users of MorphOS are looking forward to being able to use the new version of Final Writer, when it become available for MorphOS, including myself.
  • »25.11.19 - 19:12
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Hopefully one of the members here that is proficient in programming and Reggae
    > support (perhaps the creator of the "advanced data interchange system" called
    > Reggae) will step forward and offer to help you add Reggae support

Unfortunately, Reggae creator Krashan left MorphOS some years back.
  • »25.11.19 - 20:51
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    >> Hopefully one of the members here that is proficient in programming and Reggae
    >> support (perhaps the creator of the "advanced data interchange system" called
    >> Reggae) will step forward and offer to help you add Reggae support

>Unfortunately, Reggae creator Krashan left MorphOS some years back.

But Zukow has continued working on with Reggae since, and can probably help if needed. Tcheko has also experience with Reggae etc. And of course there should be examples in the MorphOS SDK, shouldn't be too hard to implement to own projects after checking the docs.

But the question is, does it help that much with this kind of application? If the application can load the most common picture types or use datatypes, would Reggae support add that much more?
  • »26.11.19 - 05:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Zukow has continued working on with Reggae since, and can probably
    > help if needed. Tcheko has also experience with Reggae etc.

Indeed, adding Reggae support to an application doesn't require someone who knows the Reggae internals but just someone who knows its externals (aka documented API).
  • »26.11.19 - 08:49
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    terminills
    Quote:

jPV wrote:
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    >> Hopefully one of the members here that is proficient in programming and Reggae
    >> support (perhaps the creator of the "advanced data interchange system" called
    >> Reggae) will step forward and offer to help you add Reggae support

>Unfortunately, Reggae creator Krashan left MorphOS some years back.

But Zukow has continued working on with Reggae since, and can probably help if needed. Tcheko has also experience with Reggae etc. And of course there should be examples in the MorphOS SDK, shouldn't be too hard to implement to own projects after checking the docs.

But the question is, does it help that much with this kind of application? If the application can load the most common picture types or use datatypes, would Reggae support add that much more?

The little bit I understand of reggae is it would help with memory usage as it's more efficient than datatypes. Other than that who knows.
  • »13.12.19 - 10:19
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > Hopefully one of the members here that is proficient in programming and Reggae
    > support (perhaps the creator of the "advanced data interchange system" called
    > Reggae) will step forward and offer to help you add Reggae support

Unfortunately, Reggae creator Krashan left MorphOS some years back.

I didn't know (or I had forgotten, same thing to my perspective) that he had left. That is unfortunate to lose talented members of the MorphOS Dev. Team, and specially those who have created parts that make MorphOS more efficient.

Quote:

terminills wrote:
    The little bit I understand of reggae is it would help with memory usage as it's more efficient than datatypes. Other than that who knows.

I would think that Reggae being more efficient with memory usage also means that it would speed up the opening of files that it supports within Final Writer, and make the experience as a whole feel quicker and more responsive (but I could be inflating my expectations of what adding Reggae support would add to Final Writer, or just stating an obvious benefit).

[ Edited by amigadave 13.12.2019 - 03:50 ]
  • »13.12.19 - 11:50