WTB - Hollywood & Designer
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    WeiXing3D
    I know this is a long stretch, but is there anybody out there with an extra copy of Hollywood & Designer willing to sell?

If this is an impossible endeavour, could someone tell me what is the PageStream version good for MOS3.1? and from where to buy it?
    MacMini G4 1.5GHz with MorphOS 3.9 FPGA MiST w/AmigaOS 3.9 (PFS3), FPGA Replay w/AmigaOS3.9, Amiga 1200 SCSI CD-RW, X-SURF 100 w/Rapidroad USB, External FDD with Chinon and Gotek units and Acer Aspire One ICAROS
  • »10.08.12 - 22:28
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Templario
    Difficult because the Hollywood & Designer both has personal key with your name, address, city, etc., personal information that well, in my case I don't would sell and others I don't know but you don't buy a old version because the good features are available in this 5 Infinity!
  • »10.08.12 - 22:59
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > what is the PageStream version good for MOS3.1?

https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6195&forum=9&start=4
    https://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6311&forum=9&start=8
  • »10.08.12 - 23:46
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    WeiXing3D
    Am I reading it right, the current versions of PageStream wouldn't work with MOS3.1 and the previous versions required some tweaking?

If that is the case, is there any desktop publishing software package that would work with MOS3.1, besides PageStream and Hollywood?
    MacMini G4 1.5GHz with MorphOS 3.9 FPGA MiST w/AmigaOS 3.9 (PFS3), FPGA Replay w/AmigaOS3.9, Amiga 1200 SCSI CD-RW, X-SURF 100 w/Rapidroad USB, External FDD with Chinon and Gotek units and Acer Aspire One ICAROS
  • »11.08.12 - 04:35
  • rms
    rms
    Hi, PageStream 4.x works perfectly with MorphOS 3.1! We use it professionally at my company here every day 8 hours per day without any problems, though the hopefully soon upcoming PageStream 5.x with many new modern features will be very much welcome!
    You can buy a copy of PGS 4.x at http://www.pagestream.org
    You can contact the author of it, Deron, at support@pagestream.org
    If you need any help in getting PGS 4.x running on MorphOS 3.1, let me know.

Hollywood & Designer can be bought directly from Andreas Falkenhan andreas@falkenhahn.com
    Just send him an e-mail. BTW it works perfectly with MorphOS 3.1, really a very nice piece of software.

Regards

Christoph
  • »11.08.12 - 07:00
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Hollywood & Designer can be bought directly from Andreas Falkenhan
    > andreas@falkenhahn.com
    > Just send him an e-mail.

That's very interesting. You mean Hollywood can still be ordered from him directly although he closed his online store "due to personal reasons" 1.5 weeks ago so that "no more orders can be processed"?

http://amigaworld.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=6453
  • »11.08.12 - 10:09
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    WeiXing3D
    I know that, but one of Designer's many applications allows you to do DTP and multimedia presentations.

jPV,
    Quote:

Hollywood isn't DTP program.
  • »11.08.12 - 19:23
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    runequester
    This seems as good a place as any, but what formats can Pagestream import from (MS office and openoffice are obviously of interest), and can it output in PDF format?
    Amiga 1200 and G4 MDD MOS as my main computers.
  • »12.08.12 - 07:37
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > can it output in PDF format?

Yes, but there have been problems reported with that in Pagestream 4:

http://amigaworld.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=5566#75029
  • »12.08.12 - 16:29
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    runequester
    Hm, anyone using Pagestream 5 adn can comment on whether that's still a concern and to what extent?
    Amiga 1200 and G4 MDD MOS as my main computers.
  • »12.08.12 - 17:30
  • rms
    rms
    Andreas_Wolf,
    Quote:

That's very interesting. You mean Hollywood can still be ordered from him directly although he closed his online store "due to personal reasons" 1.5 weeks ago so that "no more orders can be processed"?

AFAI understood it yes, only the online store was going to be closed. Anyway sending him an pm will help to clarify!

runequester,
    Quote:

Hm, anyone using Pagestream 5 adn can comment on whether that's still a concern and to what extent?

For now it's being worked on PageStream 5 it's not yet available.

PageStream 4.x has some very simple import and export features for PDF, though if you want to export pre-press ready pdf's from PageStream 4's layouts, then you should use Ghostscript 8.7 to do that.
  • »13.08.12 - 05:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    WeiXing3D
    This is the answer I got from Andreas Falkenhahn, when I sent him an email:

--Start quote
    Hi Oscar,

I'm sorry but Hollywood & Designer are currently not available for purchase. Exceptions not possible. Sorry again.

Greets,

Andreas
    End quote--

:-(
  • »13.08.12 - 16:24
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    rms,
    Quote:

PageStream 4.x works perfectly with MorphOS 3.1!

I have a Mac Mini 1.5GHz, but PageStream 4.1.5.6 Pro won't run after it installs.

Anyone managing to use it on a Mac Mini?

I ought to add that PageStream 5.0.5.8a also does not run after install. It eventually offers the personalisation window, after a considerable wait, as it does on Amiga 68k, but then it fails to accept the data input, and genuine keycode, and just pops the personalisation window back onto the screen again, in an infinite loop I suppose, at least I've not got any further with it, tragically - for both versions

[ Edited by NewSense 11.11.2012 - 01:46 ]
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »11.11.12 - 01:43
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    WeiXing3D,
    Quote:

I'm sorry but Hollywood & Designer are currently not available for purchase. Exceptions not possible.

What's more, Andreas just replied to me yesterday, and said that there will not be any changes to availability/sales for Amiga Hollywood releases in 2012
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »12.11.12 - 03:48
  • rms
    rms
    @ Newsense

AFAIR you need to disable the content of the CSet drawer and then PageStream should work. What I did is, I created a diablked drawer in the CSet drawer and moved the content in there.

Regards

Christoph
  • »12.11.12 - 04:31
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    rms,
    Quote:

AFAIR you need to disable the content of the CSet drawer and then PageStream should work. What I did is, I created a diablked drawer in the CSet drawer and moved the content in there.

Do you mean you moved the files that should be in the CSets folder into a folder named 'Disabled', and left that in the CSets folder?

Was this in an attempt to get PageStream to run under MorphOS/Trance?

I have tried to run PageStream 4 under MorphOS, and of the whole package I can ONLY get Pageliner to run, that's even with your idea for PageStream 4 tried in the way I've described above, but if you did it a different way then please let me know.

I have a Mac Mini, so wondered what hardware you are managing to get PageStream 4 running on MorphOS?
  • »14.11.12 - 01:09
  • rms
    rms
    NewSense,
    Quote:

Do you mean you moved the files that should be in the CSets folder into a folder named 'Disabled', and left that in the CSets folder?

Yes, exactely that. In fact I think you can simply delete them, because they aren't used anyway.

Quote:

Was this in an attempt to get PageStream to run under MorphOS/Trance?

Like I wrote already, PGS 4 work perfectely with MorphOS up to 3.1

Quote:

I have tried to run PageStream 4 under MorphOS, and of the whole package I can ONLY get Pageliner to run, that's even with your idea for PageStream 4 tried in the way I've described above, but if you did it a different way then please let me know.Quote:

This is really starnge, because here it works just fine, no crashes, no problems at all except some looooongtime bugs in PGS itself, but nothing else.

Quote:

I have a Mac Mini, so wondered what hardware you are managing to get PageStream 4 running on MorphOS?

PGS 4 runs here on several Pegasos's 2, also on Mac Mini's and also on Powerbooks without problems, so it should really run also on your config.

So what I did is, I downloaded pgs4156pro.lha from Pagestream's website, decompressed on the harddisk, deleted the content of the CSet drawer and launched it, entered my registration number and my pw and there it was, PGS 4 started without problems!

Hope this helps.
  • »14.11.12 - 15:56
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    rms,
    Quote:

PGS 4 runs here on several Pegasos's 2, also on Mac Mini's and also on Powerbooks without problems, so it should really run also on your config.

So what I did is, I downloaded pgs4156pro.lha from Pagestream's website, decompressed on the harddisk, deleted the content of the CSet drawer and launched it, entered my registration number and my pw and there it was, PGS 4 started without problems!

OK, I have tried a good variety of options, and the most successful is to install from scratch the PageStream archive, so now I have at last got PageStream loading -

BUT NO FONTS are loaded even though initially they show up in the lister, when I try to use one of them nothing happens, no text is input in the text fields, the cursor blinks, but does not move, and when I 'update' the font directories that are supposedly loaded all that happens is ALL the FONTS DISAPPEAR from the lister, and I cannot get any of them to show up.

When I got PageStream 4 loaded I didn't have to remove the CSets files, or disable them, they are still there in their folder, and even if I put them in a disabled folder then reboot MorphOS the same problem is still there - NO FONTS in PageStream.

Anyone any idea for a fix?

I wondered if it was a library thing, but the bullet library files have been copied across from WB3.x, which the installer initially points out, but after that there are no other prompts as it installs, but it ends up with no useable fonts.
  • »16.11.12 - 01:45
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Andreas just replied to me yesterday, and said that there will not be any changes to
    > availability/sales for Amiga Hollywood releases in 2012

Seems 2013 will bring a positive change:

"here is some good news for all people planning to buy Hollywood: Both Hollywood and Hollywood Designer will soon be available for purchase from Airsoft Softwair again."
    http://forums.hollywood-mal.com/viewtopic.php?p=3543#p3543

Edit: also there:
    https://morph.zone/modules/news/article_storyid_2056.html

[ Edited by Andreas_Wolf 07.07.2013 - 19:47 ]
  • »07.07.13 - 15:07
    bash64
    I am running PageStream 3.2b with few issues.
    Pageliner did not come up at first on MOS 3.2, but later on it did.
    It was a pop-under.
    I am ready to move on to the latest PageStream but this thread is making me wonder.
    :-(
    Mac G5 ISight 21" 2.5 gb of ram 233gb hd matshita dvd-r uj-846
    Powerbook G4 1.67ghz 2GB, ATI 9700M Pro 128mb
    1TB hd, DL-DVD Burner, Netgear pcmcia wireless card.
    ImageFX 4.5, PageStream 3.3, PhotoGenics 5.0
  • »07.07.13 - 16:04
    Profile Visit Website
    bash64
    I just sent to the Pagestream home page.
    One of the drop down options for 'platform' is MorphOS.
    The price is $99 standard, and $149 for Pro.

:-D
    Mac G5 ISight 21" 2.5 gb of ram 233gb hd matshita dvd-r uj-846
    Powerbook G4 1.67ghz 2GB, ATI 9700M Pro 128mb
    1TB hd, DL-DVD Burner, Netgear pcmcia wireless card.
    ImageFX 4.5, PageStream 3.3, PhotoGenics 5.0
  • »07.07.13 - 16:11
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > Andreas just replied to me yesterday, and said that there will not be any changes to
    > availability/sales for Amiga Hollywood releases in 2012

Seems 2013 will bring a positive change:

"here is some good news for all people planning to buy Hollywood: Both Hollywood and Hollywood Designer will soon be available for purchase from Airsoft Softwair again."
    http://forums.hollywood-mal.com/viewtopic.php?p=3543#p3543

Edit: also there:
    https://morph.zone/modules/news/article_storyid_2056.html

Sure would like to read what was the reason(s) for shutting down the sales of Hollywood & Designer in the first place. I don't know what all the secrecy is all about?
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »07.07.13 - 19:25
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    Update:

> "here is some good news for all people planning to buy Hollywood: Both Hollywood and
    > Hollywood Designer will soon be available for purchase from Airsoft Softwair again."
    > http://forums.hollywood-mal.com/viewtopic.php?p=3543#p3543
    > [...]
    > https://morph.zone/modules/news/article_storyid_2056.html

From 2 weeks ago:

"We're in the final stages of getting Hollywood up for sale again. Should really be soon now."
    http://forums.hollywood-mal.com/viewtopic.php?p=3741#p3741
  • »21.10.13 - 13:32
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    Update:

> "We're in the final stages of getting Hollywood up for sale again. Should really be soon now."
    > http://forums.hollywood-mal.com/viewtopic.php?p=3741#p3741

https://morph.zone/modules/news/article_storyid_2104.html
    http://forums.hollywood-mal.com/viewtopic.php?p=3877#p3877
  • »03.01.14 - 23:54