Pegasos USB keyboard boot
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Mi-Go
    I've just bought a nice USB keyboard (to use via the KVM switch linking my PegII to the Mac Mini) and found out OF simply doesn't see it and boots MorphOS skipping the boot menu (made with bootcreator).
    I had a quick look through the forums but couldn't find anything more than "it doesn't work"... is there a solution or workaround?

Second -smaller- issue: the keyboard has only one "Amiga" (Win) key, which is fine on OS X, but being it the left one, on MorphOS this kills almost all of the shortcuts.
    Suggestions/ways to assign RCommand to another key?

Thanks everybody :)

M.

PS: issue 1 is a pain in the *** just because I have Linux/MorphOS installed on the PegII
  • »08.11.09 - 13:00
    guruman
    USB is supported starting from Smart Firmware 1.3. I don't think SF 1.3 for Pegasos has ever been released to the public, and if this is true, I doubt it will in the future...

Kind regards,
    Andrea
  • »08.11.09 - 13:07
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Chain-Q
    Actually, the last unreleased bPlan OF 1.2 for Pegasos II dated 20051216, has support for USB keyboard. I use it in one of my Pegasoses, with USB keyboard, works fine. Actually it also resolves some other issues, like gigabit ethernet mac address problems with some Linux distributions. Some people got this firmware through beta channels, but bPlan themselves sent it out to a few people requesting it (for example because they had some other problems with their OF, like memory slowness). But this firmware revision is only supposed to work with Rev 2B3+ Pegasoses, and doesn't really support the G3 CPU cards.

Additionally, some Genesi representatives on PowerDeveloper.org said, this version will crash & burn your machine, so even if it works fine for me, i won't recommend to upgrade, unless you really don't have to. ;-)
    [.PegasosII/G4.:.Efika.:.Amiga2000/060.]
    [.Free Pascal Compiler MorphOS Port.]
    [.Hosting AmigaSpirit.hu.]
  • »08.11.09 - 13:48
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Divinity
    hi,

you need to contact Bplan; I had S.F. 1.1 and now 1.2 and I can use Apple USB keyboard form S.F. and I can use NIC ethernet 10/100/1000 in MOS and Linux.
    My mainboard Pegasos2 is REV 2B2.

regards
  • »08.11.09 - 14:10
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Mi-Go
    Thanks! I'll send an email asap.

About my other problem,

@Divinity
    Using your Apple keyboard, do you have different left/right Cmd when running MorphOS?
  • »08.11.09 - 14:34
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Divinity
    hi,

yes there are two Amiga (Apple) keys; left and right
  • »08.11.09 - 14:49
    Golem
    Quote:

Suggestions/ways to assign RCommand to another key?

Prefs -> USB find your keyboard, and hid prefs should let you do just that.
  • »08.11.09 - 17:49
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Mi-Go
    Quote:

Prefs -> USB find your keyboard, and hid prefs should let you do just that.

Didn't think about that! And I did it thousand times with joypads...

• »08.11.09 - 21:09