My PowerDev #2 trip was saved by the small airport at Torp
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MorphDelf
    My mind havent risen totally yet from my trip to PowerDev #2. With everything that happened the day I should go to Germany, I dont really understand how I really made the trip possible. Well, I got the flight "fhew"...

It all started with me waking up at right time. The Metro came at precise time. Everything seemed fine :) But on its way toward center, the subway suddendly dropped speed from 75 to 15km/h all the way down to center. It made several stops between stations aswell :( So I missed my bus to Torp.

So I told to myself,... this will never work. Hell, I give up now... But my other half said.. Let's try this. So finally the metro came to a train station, where I took the train from at 06.45. Much later than the bus which was going to go 06.21. Well, anyway. Sitting on the train knowing that my flight was going to fly away for me as it was scheduled for 08.45. Train arrived at Torp airport station at 08.28, then I had to take the shuttlebus to the airport. Then time reached 08.36. From that time, I managed to get thru passcontrol and onto a flight that was going. They called me several times thru the speakers which I heard when standing in passcontrol. Well, in the end they let me into the flight.

What I just want to say is that if Torp airport was slightly bigger, I would never manage to get myself over to PowerDev #2 in Germany :)

Other than this, PowerDev #2 was really nice! :) This shows that if you just believe in luck. Things can go well ;P and this time I had luck of my life for sure!!!

Regards,
    Michal
  • »16.05.08 - 02:00
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    Morphdelf

Hi. Thats a fun story :)

How about a report of what you saw at the show as well?
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »16.05.08 - 15:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    You have to go through a passport control to fly to Germany? Isn't Norway part of Europe? :-P ;-)

Otherwise, I agree with magnetic! Please give us a report! Especially everything concerning MorphOS 2.0! :-)
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »16.05.08 - 15:35
  • ASiegel
    @ takemehomegrandma

Quote:

You have to go through a passport control to fly to Germany? Isn't Norway part of Europe?

Not sure if this was a serious inquiry, but Norway is most certainly a part of the continent Europe. It is, however, not a member of the European Union.
  • »16.05.08 - 15:45
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MorphDelf
    Ive made a report and more on Amitopia TV.

Check my blogsite with the #05 show:
    http://amitopiatv.blogspot.com

Other than that, well. MorphOS 2 on Efika made me buy Efika at PowerDev. So now I really hope for summer release.

MorphOS 2 seems to be the perfect os for Efika. A nice small MorphOS machine that I can bring with me to different Amiga/MorphOS meetings/expos. I saw its transparency effects, its 3D cube, how preferences are set up in MacOSX style with the possibility to have it in old style and more+++ Saw MorphOS 2 playing Dead Or Alive movie quite good.

Overal. The meeting was really nice. Geit let me sleep there. I liked the food. German food is always great :)

Well, you need a ID card of some sort. If you dont have that, you need a passport. Here in Norway we have our ID on our VISA cards etc, but its rather rare outside of Norway. Also, Norway isnt in European Union... :)

Well, ... for more. Go to my blogspot site: http://amitopiatv.blogspot.com

There you have Amitopia TV download link + Google Video link.

Regards,
    Michal

[ Edited by MorphDelf on 2008/5/16 15:51 ]
  • »16.05.08 - 15:46
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

JoBBo wrote:
    @ takemehomegrandma

Not sure if this was a serious inquiry, but Norway is most certainly a part of the continent Europe. It is, however, not a member of the European Union.

I know, was just teasing him a bit (since he was stuck in the *passport control*, hearing the last boarding calls ;-)). I know that Norway is part of Europe (me being a "neighbor" Swede and all) and I know that Norway isn't part of the EU, but AFAIK (and AFAwikipediaK ;-)), Norway *IS* part of the Schengen Area. Or is that wrong?

(To be honest I'm not too educated about those things work...)
  • »16.05.08 - 16:01
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    @MorphDelf

Thanks for the link, and thanks for the report! :-)
  • »16.05.08 - 16:02
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MorphDelf
    Norway, Iceland, Russia, Liechtenstein, San Marino, Andorra???, Moldova etc arent in EU. Norway is in schengen yes.

Funny thing was that I had to run from where they checked my bagage to my flight. They closed it off and everything, and then in just seconds. They managed to open it for me. When I sat down on the plane, I just had lots of dancing bananas ;) Was really nice to get myself to H?erstel. If just something went wrong with the train, I would have lost it all ;/
  • »16.05.08 - 16:06
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    It's a sign! :-)
  • »16.05.08 - 16:52
  • MorphOS Developer
    CISC
    Quote:

Well, you need a ID card of some sort. If you dont have that, you need a passport. Here in Norway we have our ID on our VISA cards etc, but its rather rare outside of Norway. Also, Norway isnt in European Union... :)

VISA cards don't count as a National ID (infact, we don't have anything that does in norway yet, and they just delayed the process of creating one yet again (they've been too busy arguing how many insecurity-"features" to add)), which means that passports are the only valid means of identification norwegians have outside of norway...

- CISC
  • »17.05.08 - 05:25
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    How about drivers license then, does that count as a national ID? (OK, having a drivers license is optional and not everyone can or wants to have one, but still...)
  • »17.05.08 - 08:33
  • MorphOS Developer
    CISC
    Quote:

How about drivers license then, does that count as a national ID? (OK, having a drivers license is optional and not everyone can or wants to have one, but still...)

No, when I say only I mean only... ;)

Every norwegian citizen must take their passport with them (even though it's unlikely it'll ever be checked) when they travel outside of scandinavia (we have an older agreement in scandinavia where we can travel without).

- CISC
  • »17.05.08 - 11:24